You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KarmaQU_EU

Weather Change in Battle

7 comments in this topic

[FAME]
Beta Tester
803 posts
4,376 battles

"Submerge yourself in the atmosphere of ocean battles! With rain, snow and fog all possible, the weather at sea can be volatile. Be careful, these are not just cool visual effects, but very real forces that may plunge you into the unknown and change the course of the entire battle. Stay Alert! 

RPL4DFS.gif

Last I remembered, rain, snow and fog effects in WoWs are visual only, and are all stopped before battle starts to specifically not have influence on actual battle mechanics.

assmwfz.jpgRnZy8pQ.jpg

On the topic of weather, I happened upon these two screenshots of a weather system from another game. I didn't play it and can't remember what game it was but it was a military sim. 

• Cool 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,294 battles

Wows has cosmetic weather, but it also has cyclones. During one visibility is lowered gradually until the max visibility is 8km

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Visual weather effects like at the start of the battle would be fine during the battle. Other than that cyclones are annoying enough already to add more limiting effects like that. I'd be glad if cyclones were reworked first of all if WG plans on adding more weather effects that change how you play.

Those magic cyclones that make that BB dissapear from vision at 8 km but you can still see that island past the border of the opposite side of the map is just absurd. They're bad implemented af.

[FAME]
Beta Tester
803 posts
4,376 battles

Cyclone is in my opinion a very rough and harsh implementation of weather. While it can be argued that perhaps only so can it express the violence of actual cyclones and what it does to unprotected DDs, gameplay-wise, it is a bit absurd. And generally, weather can be done better. A finer game mechanics system would help ... amongst other things.

Players
123 posts
8,568 battles

i also think that cyclones are not implemented correctly. personally i believe that during the cyclone the concealment of the ship should be proportionate to the class. but concerning the weather, i would like to see different weather during battle, like what we have in the beginning  

Beta Tester
4,954 posts
20,698 battles

I think that calling the limited visibility effect a "cyclone" is just a bit much... to me it seems to be not much more than a squall... very short lived change of visibility due to weather effects...

And I don't encounter them very often in game, so I'm not really bothered by them... but of course I'm not a borderhugging BaBBy who feels himself hindered in shooting at max range due to bad weather... :cap_haloween: