Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HavranRyc

Leaving battle

5 comments in this topic

Question

[T-N-T]
Beta Tester
986 posts
7,490 battles

Hi.
Is leaving battles before own ship is destroyed prohibited?
Zero exp and credits are OK, but is banhammer in air?

Thx.

P.S.: Sorry, my english is very bad.

4 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
27,266 posts
14,533 battles

It is not forbidden, but it is not very polite.

You are sabotaging the game experience of at least 11players.

Doing that too often is bad for your karma.

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

You won't get a ban for a 1-time AFKing, everyone knows that life happens. But do that enough times and sooner or later there should / will be consequences

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

It depends on the reason for you leaving.

If you have to leave for real life reasons (doorbell ringing, an important phonecall, the baby cyring) then it is fine, and while some players might be extremly angry with you nothing should happen.

If you leave because you think the battle is lost anyway, or because you don't like it that there are specific ships on the enemy team, then you should be prepared to face consequences. If you start a battle you should do so with the will to fight it till the end no matter what the matchmaker is throwing at you.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,305 posts

I was late into a game once by 6 minutes because my son decided to become ill and needed a bucket... When I joined the game properly my ship (Shimakaze) had been rammed, shot, assuming by a team member because enemy wasn't even close and my Shima has 5.9k concealment, and when I rejoined apologising for my late entry it was report Mashum afk etc etc... Even though I explained my son was ill the abuse continued...so anyway the team was in dire straits and I just attacked....By my fourth kill (Including a double strike) I reminded them to report Mashum and on my fifth kill too I reminded them...after sinking my 6th ship the abuse stopped.

Some players are children and you have to remember that with children, who have no life experience and take this game far too seriously, no explanations are ever good enough.

However, leaving a game with an intact ship still capable of fighting or influencing the course of the game is an insult to the other 11 players unless as Egoleter stated it was for a real life issue.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this