You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tekacko

This kind of MM has to stop

37 comments in this topic

Players
309 posts
6,030 battles

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.0d0536230dc9c5d8d87f407703190b2c.png

WG, pls, could there be at least a little bit of logic in the way MM balances destroyers among the two teams?

2DDs vs 5DDs doesn´t seem to fair...

Beta Tester
178 posts
5,942 battles
1 minute ago, bushwacker001 said:

OK, I will fall for it.....2DD's ?

Yeah, I see 4 vs 5.

whats the punchline?

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts

Looks like 4 vs 5 to me too, plus a fail divisioned Pensacola which isn't the fault of the MM, but down to the players forming a division.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,878 posts
12,753 battles

Maybe another complaint about being up-tiered?

Otherwise... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Players
32,812 posts
16,450 battles

I would prefer if the whining stopped.

If you join the battle in a RU DD, you know what you are getting yourself into. Demanding that WG treats your ship as a cruiser and gives your team one more DD is a bit far fetched.

Your problem is your inability to deal with the situation.

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles

He is referring to the fact that the green team have fewer "cap-capable" DDs. (As well you all know). The high tier Russian DDs, though classed by WG as DDs, actually play like light cruisers.

[ROT8]
Players
2,777 posts
3 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

He is referring to the fact that the green team have fewer "cap-capable" DDs. (As well you all know). The high tier Russian DDs, though classed by WG as DDs, actually play like light cruisers.

True Nih, but he is in one himself so partly at fault for his gripe. :Smile_Default:

Edit - to add to that, he is a very good player and chances are at least half of the other teams dd's will have an idiot captain. :Smile_Default:

[BLITZ]
Players
2,878 posts
12,753 battles

Kiev and Udaloi both have smoke, so capping isn't as hard as in a Khabarovsk or Tashkent running heal.

[BABBY]
Players
815 posts
12,241 battles
7 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

If that's what OP means then I guess it is pretty the same as radar disparity in cruiser MM.

Here OP's team has 2 radars versus one so this game doesn't seem doomed from the start at all.

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles
Just now, bushwacker001 said:

True Nih, but he is in one himself so partly at fault for his gripe. :Smile_Default:

Indeed, but why couldn't the MM take this into account? For example, the Atago could have gone on the red team and the Ognevoi could have gone on the green team. This would instantly have made the game slightly more balanced.

He is in the Kiev because the Kiev is in the game. He isn't responsible for giving the Kiev a detection radius the size of Texas.

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles
2 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

If that's what OP means then I guess it is pretty the same as radar disparity in cruiser MM

Indeed. That needs sorting too.

[ROT8]
Players
2,777 posts
Just now, xxNihilanxx said:

Indeed, but why couldn't the MM take this into account? For example, the Atago could have gone on the red team and the Ognevoi could have gone on the green team. This would instantly have made the game slightly more balanced.

He is in the Kiev because the Kiev is in the game. He isn't responsible for giving the Kiev a detection radius the size of Texas.

If MM was exactly the same for both teams it would not make much of a difference as then players would gripe (even more) about the skill level difference of the players and the effect on the result. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
1,625 posts
14,901 battles
1 minute ago, BlackYeti said:

If that's what OP means then I guess it is pretty the same as radar disparity in cruiser MM

Not sure that comparison is totally apt

The line that both the Udaloi (friendly team in the OP) and the Ognevoi (enemy team) belong to is actually quite stealthy and perfectly capable of capping.

[BABBY]
Players
815 posts
12,241 battles
Just now, Teob_VG said:

Not sure that comparison is totally apt

The line that both the Udaloi (friendly team in the OP) and the Ognevoi (enemy team) belong to is actually quite stealthy and perfectly capable of capping.

Well I didn't mean OP is right, just trying to figure out what his problem was...:Smile-_tongue:

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles
1 minute ago, bushwacker001 said:

If MM was exactly the same for both teams it would not make much of a difference as then players would gripe (even more) about the skill level difference of the players and the effect on the result. :Smile-_tongue:

Undoubtedly true but tangential to the discussion.

Players
32,812 posts
16,450 battles
3 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

He can decide how to equip his ship, how to skill his captain and how to play the ship.

If he wants to play a cruiser, he should play a cruiser, not a DD.

He wants to play DD, he should know how to play gunboats.

If he gives close support to the other DD in his team, he can increase the chances to sink enemy DDs and get the cap.

Players
309 posts
6,030 battles

For real?

You know what happens in games like this? The enemy team gets all the caps and GG,

Are you seriously asking a Udaloi to cap? 6.8km vs 5.8km concealment? Do you even play destroyers?

But you have smoke... Yeah, smoke up and get torped, or get outspotted and flee. If the enemy is half competent you are as good as dead.

People regularly complain about having 1 DD fewer on their team... and yet you bash me into oblivion for bringing up this issue. You can normally get match-ups like 1 trashcan vs yugumo + fletcher... How balanced is that?

Players
309 posts
6,030 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

I would prefer if the whining stopped.

If you join the battle in a RU DD, you know what you are getting yourself into. Demanding that WG treats your ship as a cruiser and gives your team one more DD is a bit far fetched.

Your problem is your inability to deal with the situation.

Bringing up valid issues in now considered whining? Maybe in your tiny mind. Every post of yours that I see is the same pointless belittling.

And I am more than capable of dealing with this situation since I know how to play my ship.

I just do not understand why should my team get punished because I decided to grind the gunboat line. As was already pointed out, one enemy DD should have been swapped with one of our cruisers, and it would have been a more balanced match...Regarding the Udaloi - okay, whatever, I can live with it being classified as a DD, but I do think that Kiev and up should maybe taken into account by the MM a bit differently.

EDIT: Moreover I am not even talking about the flak and reports I get in chat for not contesting caps in the Kiev...

Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,951 battles

OP - did you win the battle?

Personally, IMO, the win/loss is much more effected by the quality of the players rather than the actual ships - good players adapt.

(not claiming to be much of a game carrier myself).

Beta Tester
1,051 posts
12,751 battles

Play another destroyer then. Its your choice. Choices have consequences. Deal with it.

When will the whinging stop? When will the children stop crying?

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
1 minute ago, Tekacko said:

And I am more than capable of dealing with this situation since I know how to play my ship.

Then I wonder why you complain so hard? Since by your logic you count -1 DD on your side pretty much always? And if you think, you ship of choise is such a huge disadvantage - why do you play it?

3 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

I just do not understand why should my team get punished because I decided to grind the gunboat line.

What effed the matchmaker is the Pensacola fail-division. He couldnt give the other side a T7-Cruiser to balance it out, hence it gave the other team a DD more with a tier higher. This is very common in matchmaking. For a Cruiser with T=X it will give the opponentes a DD with T=X+1. Also, your team got a BB more cuz exactly this.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

I find it puzzeling why Kiev and Udaloi arent considered as DDs, yet the enemy Ognevoi is considered to be one :cap_hmm:

If RU DDs arent DDs, then it would be 2vs4 according to u. And u playing RU DD would automatically put your team ALWAYS 1 DD short if the amount of DDs would be balanced.

Gotta go with what ColonelPete said: If u wanna play (Torpedo)DD, then dont play RU DDs. Take something else. If u want to help your other DDs, then play RU DD.

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
1 hour ago, Tekacko said:

WG, pls, could there be at least a little bit of logic in the way MM balances destroyers among the two teams?

WG should, but I am not sure they can or will.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,878 posts
12,753 battles
5 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Regarding the Udaloi - okay, whatever, I can live with it being classified as a DD, but I do think that Kiev and up should maybe taken into account by the MM a bit differently.

I don't see that much of a difference between Kiev and Udaloi.