You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
poussecrotte

About crates

5 comments in this topic

Question

[F-T-R]
[F-T-R]
Players
5 posts
4,504 battles

Hi.

I've been playing this game for a while now (on and off) as i'm not a extreme player who dedicates his/hers all time to game.

My question to developers is the  next: How come even my clan mates seem to get a LOT more super crates in the game than me?

Is there some threshold that i must cross to start getting super containers? since January this year i have had 2 super containers ( and that included over 100 feeling lucky crates) but no avail, super containers seem to land everywhere else, than my container ship.

Doesn't anyone else feel that this ratio of containers/super containers is so skewed that it seems that WG must have some kind of threshold for getting them.

For this i would like to have an answer from the lead coder who is responsible of this container/super container ratio, preferably in English and in layman's terms, so that people who use English as their 3rd language can understand it.

The other thing that bothers me is the fact that we cannot see how many crates we have had, and how many super crates we've received. That shouldn't be too hard to code in, unless it skewers their container/super container ratio coding.

Yours

Captain Poussecrotte

4 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
27,252 posts
14,525 battles
  • RNG
  • a group of people will probably get more supercontainers than one person
  • for a time I recorded all my containers, but now I do not bother anymore

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Because you play the game on-and-off, but they play it actively. They simply collect more containers so they have a better chance of scoring one.

[ROSET]
[ROSET]
Players
28 posts
3,941 battles

I play quite actively at least since the beginning of this year and also got like 2 super containers, after opening probably 75 of them or more.

Looks like I'm just having bad luck. And I'm not alone it seems. Just had one today and YEEEY! defensive AA mod 1......... Exactly what I was hoping for, who needs dragon flags/ships/cammos?...

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,456 battles

2 supercontainers in 75 containers opened? Count yourself lucky, my longest dry patch was some 120 containers... And then 3 SCs in 20 containers or so :D

That being said, that's how the random numbers work. If probability is (say) 10%, on average you get the drop every 10 attempts, but you can have 2 drops in a row and you can have 20 attempts with no drop. It could be frustrating, on the other hand you are as likely to get bunches of SCs as to get a long stretch without any.