Sign in to follow this  
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Are campaign tasks tied to the ship you accepted them on?

6 comments in this topic

Players
3,529 posts
28,284 battles

Hi,

sometimes I can't accept a Campaign task because the currently selected ship does not match the task requirements.

Does this in turn mean that the tasks are tied to that one specific ship that was selected when the task is accepted?

[TAKEN]
Players
37,168 posts
18,452 battles

No.

All tasks have conditions. Meet them.

But you can ignore them and just use the battle button in the harbor. Then you play without doing the task.

Players
3,529 posts
28,284 battles

Really? That doesn't feel right either. Not that I've paid attention to it but I've hardly ever used the Battle button in the Campaigns screen and still finished plenty of tasks.

Edit: it's definitely not the case, I paid attention today, definitely went into battle through the Port screen and showed a completed Task after the mission.

Edited by Nautical_Metaphor
Did verify.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,523 posts
12,273 battles

For clarification, this is a mission:
dc8949eb84.jpg

You can play any ship as long as it is above tier 4 to complete this. You don't have to select it and you don't have to go into the mission screen and press battle in order to progress. It will update automatically.

This is a campaign/task:

dfbc7740ea.jpg

This one you have to manually select in order to activate it, but when that is done it is the same as with the missions. As long as fulfill the criteria that is described on the task it will update automatically.

Hope that cleared it up somewhat.

Players
38 posts
478 battles

You don't need to press the battle button on the mission. Just chose a ship that meets the criteria and play a normal game.

Sign in to follow this