Sign in to follow this  
Iroks

Midway and his AP bombs

13 comments in this topic

Players
217 posts
8,255 battles

Here i will show you how midway do with AP bombs against his opponents at t9 and t10. I'm not familiar with them since i never had an option to play Enterprise. Since no one bother to make any list how this works against each ship i compile this list. I will show if this is a valid option to choose if you play mostly t10. 

Tl;dr

t10 BB can get about 15-20k for one tb squad. The worst affected by that change are t10 cruisers, especially De moine. Worth mentioning is Fletcher, Udaloi and Shimakaze. They can get hit for ~8k. On the flip side t9 excluding Neptune are completely immune to AP bombs (bring HE if you grind Essex).

Table of Content

1. T10 BB

2. T10 CA/CL

3. T9 BB

4. T9 CA/CL

5. T9/10 DD

6. Aiming

7. Summary

• Cool 6

Players
217 posts
8,255 battles

T 10 CA/CL the victim of the last patch.

De Moine - First place in get midwayed contest

Front

Back

Center

Zao - Second place in get midwayed contest

Front
Back

Center x2

Moskwa - Second place in get midwayed contest but only if you hit directly in the middle.

Front and Back

Center x2

Henri IV - Third place in get midwayed contest, middle and back take the most.
Front and Back
Middle

Minotaur
Front
Center
Back

Hindenburg - krupp stahl is strong with this one. He take the least amount of damage from all of T10 cruisers.

Front

Center

Back

Players
217 posts
8,255 battles

DD of t10 i 9 are nothing special and will be in one group. Honorable mention are Udaloi, Fletcher and Shimakaze. All tree of them take the most damage and can be oneshotted if you land all bombs.

Cung mu

Trashkient

Gearing

Grozowoj - still nightmare of T10.

Jejujang

Ygumo

Udaloi - Second place in get midwayed contest.

Z-52
Z-46
Fletcher - First place in get midwayed contest.

Khaba

Shima - Third place in get midwayed contest.

Players
217 posts
8,255 battles

Aming size for people that don't play CV.

Size of the auto drop

shot-17_12.08_16_38.34-0891.thumb.jpg.3d8b3eb125849a1651999805a4746879.jpg

Size of the manual drop.

shot-17_12.08_16_38.54-0776.thumb.jpg.307c0d236e1ab9f3679cb52a554cfd76.jpg

Size of the auto drop under defensive AA

shot-17_12.08_16_39.14-0284.thumb.jpg.15c4beb1849a704f23d39c41c5f60462.jpg

Size of the manual drop under defensive AA

shot-17_12.08_16_39.20-0577.thumb.jpg.8dd3047d37884bf850c3b38abd11559c.jpg

As you can clearly see someone in wg miss place the implementation manual and auto drop under defensive AA.

• Cool 1

Players
217 posts
8,255 battles

In my personal opinion AP midway is borderline OP. I can kill DD with cross drops, kill/heavly damage BB with TB if i'm not yolo at the start of the game. AP bombs let me catch cruisers with the pants down and kill them if i aim correctly. One shooting bismarck or Henry was never this much fun. Since T10 mostly see T10 and a few t8 This is really valid option. If you start seeing more t9 cruisers, switch to HE.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,102 posts
20,016 battles

Huh, I personally oneshot quite a few Minos in my test. Maybe I just got lucky?

Personally I think DDs are a non-issue. If they maneuver it's rather hard to get a good manual drop on them, mitigating damage severely. Besides, a good HE bomb drop will just straight up oneshot any DD.

Against BBs, HE bombs do about the same damage while offering more utility. I have made a comparison here:

AP bombs vs cruisers is just plain [edited] stupid, though.

Technically speaking I guess you could use AP DBs on Midway considering you have 2x TBs for anti DD and BB work, giving you a dedicated anti cruiser weapon as well. How often do you actually attack cruisers, though?

Perhaps a viable, more gimmicky choice, but considering that AP DBs will be of more situational use I'd recommend using HE bombs instead as these will be useful more often.

Players
217 posts
8,255 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Huh, I personally oneshot quite a few Minos in my test. Maybe I just got lucky?

Personally I think DDs are a non-issue. If they maneuver it's rather hard to get a good manual drop on them, mitigating damage severely. Besides, a good HE bomb drop will just straight up oneshot any DD.

Against BBs, HE bombs do about the same damage while offering more utility. I have made a comparison here:

AP bombs vs cruisers is just plain [edited] stupid, though.

Technically speaking I guess you could use AP DBs on Midway considering you have 2x TBs for anti DD and BB work, giving you a dedicated anti cruiser weapon as well. How often do you actually attack cruisers, though?

Perhaps a viable, more gimmicky choice, but considering that AP DBs will be of more situational use I'd recommend using HE bombs instead as these will be useful more often.

So far it's a nice option. It's nice to catch some CW cruisers. TB still give you plenty of power. When i get bored i will switch to HE but for now? Give me more derpitz in the game. No more farming credits doing nothing.

In actual game i find that minotaur is the harders just after hinder target. He don't have def aa but can turn really fast and hard making good attack impossible. CW dm is easy kill, regular AA is still avoid for all cost. Zao and Moskva are reliable target.

Yes, i prefer to destroy ships that influence the game instead going for bb.

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
7 hours ago, duoinvasion said:

this makes me physically cry

my poor zao ;-;

wasd hack combined with "T skill button" will keep you safe 99,95 % of time

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
232 posts
13,194 battles

It's almost as if T8 AP bombs are useless on T10. Who would have thought? 

Sign in to follow this