You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

WG EU strikes again: The Naval Tour

122 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,885 battles

Extremely stupid. Probably the next shitstorm.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

Extremely stupid. Probably the next shitstorm.

Please do not overwhelm us with too much information.

• Cool 7

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,885 battles

All EURO coins are equal,  but some EURO coins are more equal then others.

[HOO]
Players
1,982 posts
3,802 battles

Well I just entered ok finally. took a few tries, All I have to do now is play 3 battles.

O wait ..... here is the shitstorm :-) 

Must be a resident of UK, Germany, France, Finland, Norway, The Netherlands, or Spain

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

In case someone wonders how to win a price:

Spoiler

Winners of each Prize will be selected at random as follows:

All Participants’ accounts will be gathered in one list in a due order depending on the time the Participant completes three battles in the game. The first Participant in a queue is the quickest and the last is the one who completes three battles in the last turn among the Participants.

In the table below each prize has its place number in the right column. The number in the right column defines the number of the winner of this prize.

To select the winner of a prize we start counting the Participants’ accounts from the first one by one in the order they are listed.

If the quantity of the Participants’ accounts in a list is less than the place number in the right column of the table below, the counting will be proceeded from the first Participant’s account in a list again until we reach the place number and find the winner.

To select winner of each prize we start from the first Participant’s account each time.

Prize name Number of the winner’s place
Grand Prize 135 841
Runner-up Prize 18,956
Third Prize 1,471
Fourth Prize 56,210
Bonus Code 1 (extra prize) 75
Bonus Code 2 (extra prize) 374
Bonus Code 3 (extra prize) 512
Bonus Code 4 (extra prize) 679
Bonus Code 5 (extra prize) 812
Bonus Code 6 (extra prize) 1,001
Bonus Code 7 (extra prize) 1,238
Bonus Code 8 (extra prize) 1,567
Bonus Code 9 (extra prize) 1,865
Bonus Code 10 (extra prize) 1,993
Bonus Code 11 (extra prize) 2,072
Bonus Code 12 (extra prize) 2,698
Bonus Code 13 (extra prize) 3,556
Bonus Code 14 (extra prize) 6,222
Bonus Code 15 (extra prize) 6,771

One Participant can receive only one prize. If the Participant’s account has already won the prize, this account is deleted from the list and does not participate in other draws. On deleting the account from the list, other Participants’ accounts, which were below the deleted account, will change their place number automatically.

I wonder if you can still assign people from not mentioned countries as a companion on the trips. :cap_yes:

But yeah, I guess it is not a matter of "discrimination" but maybe legal issues?

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
415 posts
11,462 battles

For contry restricions probably is not WG fault but great anglosaxons laws about who they like; WG could have tried another nation than  restricted ones. And what's the problem not only with Italy but also Austria, Cz and SL etc.

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Hello everybody,

Unfortunately there's not only EU law, but also national legislation which impacts how we can run certain contests. Due to national laws and legislation, we are restricted to running the competition in a limited number of countries. We apologise for this as we originally wanted to offer this to all our EU players.

Greetings, Crysantos

Source:

Greetings

• Cool 3

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,908 posts
13,559 battles

This depends on state legislation of "Online lottery and gambling" in your country.

If there some law restriction about participating or holding online lottery then it is easiest for WG to restrict this lottery (and yes drawing users from the queue is lottery)  only for countries where the laws are not so much restrictive.

For example in our country citizen can officially participate only in Online Lotteries held by selected registered companies.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,139 posts
11,202 battles

Personally, I prefer the error page it leads to when you click on "participate"

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

kek'd

[T-N-T]
5,908 posts
13,559 battles

This depends on state legislation of "Online lottery and gambling" in your country.

If there some law restriction about participating or holding online lottery then it is easiest for WG to restrict this lottery (and yes drawing users from the queue is lottery)  only for countries where the laws are not so much restrictive.

For example in our country citizen can officially participate only in Online Lotteries held by selected registered companies.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,139 posts
11,202 battles

Personally, I prefer the error page it leads to when you click on "participate" and you're not on the English logi

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

kek'd

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,139 posts
11,202 battles

Double post

Equally good web design on the forums :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Exocet6951
WG can into web design. I R8 dank/10

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
20 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

In case someone wonders how to win a price:

Hide contents

Winners of each Prize will be selected at random as follows:

All Participants’ accounts will be gathered in one list in a due order depending on the time the Participant completes three battles in the game. The first Participant in a queue is the quickest and the last is the one who completes three battles in the last turn among the Participants.

In the table below each prize has its place number in the right column. The number in the right column defines the number of the winner of this prize.

To select the winner of a prize we start counting the Participants’ accounts from the first one by one in the order they are listed.

If the quantity of the Participants’ accounts in a list is less than the place number in the right column of the table below, the counting will be proceeded from the first Participant’s account in a list again until we reach the place number and find the winner.

To select winner of each prize we start from the first Participant’s account each time.

Prize name Number of the winner’s place
Grand Prize 135 841
Runner-up Prize 18,956
Third Prize 1,471
Fourth Prize 56,210
Bonus Code 1 (extra prize) 75
Bonus Code 2 (extra prize) 374
Bonus Code 3 (extra prize) 512
Bonus Code 4 (extra prize) 679
Bonus Code 5 (extra prize) 812
Bonus Code 6 (extra prize) 1,001
Bonus Code 7 (extra prize) 1,238
Bonus Code 8 (extra prize) 1,567
Bonus Code 9 (extra prize) 1,865
Bonus Code 10 (extra prize) 1,993
Bonus Code 11 (extra prize) 2,072
Bonus Code 12 (extra prize) 2,698
Bonus Code 13 (extra prize) 3,556
Bonus Code 14 (extra prize) 6,222
Bonus Code 15 (extra prize) 6,771

One Participant can receive only one prize. If the Participant’s account has already won the prize, this account is deleted from the list and does not participate in other draws. On deleting the account from the list, other Participants’ accounts, which were below the deleted account, will change their place number automatically.

I wonder if you can still assign people from not mentioned countries as a companion on the trips. :cap_yes:

But yeah, I guess it is not a matter of "discrimination" but maybe legal issues?

This makes no sense.

If you are an EU citizen you are able to travel within EU countries at will. What legal issues?

I know the Britain are no longer part of Europe. But still...

Maybe it's just a contest for a some sort of G7 countries.

Or just having to do with existing economics/financials/trade agreements/politics of each country with WG? that legal issues?

But either way, I'll pass.

I'm excluded, I don't know if I should be upset or anything else. The truth is I'm in Who cares mode in this one.

so I would pass anyway.

No, no torches and forks from me.

Beta Tester
2,117 posts
12,577 battles

One would think it would be such an easy task to fit the contest to be available for players in all the countries?:cap_yes:

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Is this WG's version of when those special players in game talk badly about people from certain countries? :Smile_hiding:

I guess they are bound by whatever legislation but why not just give out in game stuff then? Or have an in game competition of some sort instead of annoying some of our European cousins?

Oh well...

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
5,908 posts
13,559 battles
Just now, Butterdoll said:

This makes no sense.

If you are an EU citizen you are able to travel within EU countries at will. What legal issues?

Or just having to do with existing economics/financials/trade agreements/politics of each country with WG? that legal issues?

I'm excluded, I don't know if I should be upset or anything else. The truth is I'm in Who cares mode.

so I would pass anyway.

Each country in EU can have different laws about Online Lottery.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,885 battles
2 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

Each country in EU can have different laws about Online Lottery.

Then why make a contest using this form of a lottery, that discriminates against players?

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,117 posts
12,577 battles
1 minute ago, Butterdoll said:

This makes no sense.

I'm excluded, I don't know if I should be upset or anything else. The truth is I'm in Who cares mode.

so I would pass anyway.

With regards to danish legislation on this area then it is not legal to require any action of the participants other than signing on a free lottery as this appear to be.