Hiding all game

12 comments in this topic

Question

[CMP]
[CMP]
Players
3 posts
10,305 battles

When will someone put a stop to the people who will only play by hiding all game.  You cant hit what you cant see; it makes the game pointless. I have played three games tonight and all have had players who sneak right up to you without being seen, to within 4m, how!

Its a great game spoilt by this trait. Either let everyone hide or none.   

Can anyone do something, please??????????????????????????

11 answers to this question

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles

OP is complaing over "hiding" enemys and wants everyone to be spotted all time, but plays mainly RN CL.

The IRONY. Top kek.

My money is on him sitting in smoke (so his OWN smoke is blocking the view but he can't see the smoke because he sits in it) and complaining on DDs that close in for the torpedokill to be only spotted from ~4 km (when they spot him shooting out of smoke and open fire themselves).

On Topic: Situational awareness (knowing the rough position of the enemy at all times) is key in playing Royal navy cruisers. It is not exactly the best line to start for beginners. You might want to try out other classes until you got the basics of the game right and maybe watch some helpful videos on youtube. I can recommend the captains academy from IChase. (even though he is by no means my favourite WoWS youtuber, he did a good job there.)

Careful though the oldest videos are already rather out of date, but even in the old videos there is useful info that is still valid today.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

In before someone says that this answer "a little" salty and less helpful - OP already has clearly stated his potato mindset with his other 2 answers, just following up on that

13 hours ago, alginon1 said:

When will someone put a stop to the people who will only play by hiding all game.  You cant hit what you cant see; it makes the game pointless. I have played three games tonight and all have had players who sneak right up to you without being seen, to within 4m, how!

Its a great game spoilt by this trait. Either let everyone hide or none.   

Can anyone do something, please??????????????????????????

Lack of knowledge issue about how the game works is not a game issue. It's a case of "git gud".

You actually can hit what you can't see if you know how to and if the enemy is stationary / slow enough.

Nothing can sneak up to 4 km in clear water without getting spotted, but *khm* with those stats I wouldn't put it past you to miss a BB in front of your guns firing at you from 3km...

You already play almost exclusively RN CLs, they are as sneaky and hidden as Cruisers go. And that 45% survival rate - I actually initially thought you are just another borderhuging BB. That survival rate kind of shows that you often stay back meaning that you already good concealment allows you to hide as long as you're not failing to shoot someone.

11 hours ago, alginon1 said:

Thanks for your reply and assertion that no one can get within 4m without being seen.  Unfortunately that is not true, only tonight that happened.  And yes I do look at the mini map but no they don't show on that either. the first you know is either a torpedo strike or a BB hitting you from nowhere.  Either let all be able to hide or none at all, some players hide for the whole game. Ridiculous!

At those tiers the sneakiest anyone can get is.... Kagero with 5.4km if I remember correctly? Everything else has higher detection ranges.

Unless of course there is smoke or islands which you claim there were none. As I said - you noticing the ship at 4km doesn't mean he got spotted at 4km, you just failed to pay attention for at least 1.4km of his movement.

And don't give me the "I look at the minimap". Not with those stats, no you don't. Even if you turn your eyes towards it - just blankly staring at it means nothing if you don't actually see what's on it. You already can hide, you just clearly don't understand how concealment works.

1 hour ago, alginon1 said:

Sorry don't save replays.  But no smoke screen, no islands no anything. Had Neptune with radar running and just sunk BB torps come from other direction but no ship.  Your answer might have been helpful apart from last bit.  If you think like that don't bother with your advice as it means squat.

And without replays it's just a case of "I said, you said, he said, she said, it's on the internet so it must be true". Your claims have no foundation, and you can't prove them to be true.

Also "Radar Neptune" with these stats, God have mercy on his teammates souls and mental health.

You really need to go back to tier 4 or lower, and actually learn to play the game before stepping up higher. Otherwise you're just another potato failing to understand the most basic concepts of the game

[CATS]
Players
28,913 posts
15,122 battles

You could look at the minimap and not sail around islands without knowing what is on the other side.

NO ship can get as close as 4km to your ship, without getting seen, unless you let it.

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,897 battles
2 hours ago, alginon1 said:

Unfortunately that is not true, only tonight that happened.

It's not true that this is not true. The lowest possible concealment is 5km for lowtier IJN destroyers and they'd need a lvl 10 captain on a Tier 2 ship.

Then there are of course things like islands and smoke screens but if you can't see them... ;)

• Cool 1

Players
2,244 posts
4,794 battles

@alginon1

Can we get a replay of a ship getting to within 4km of you undetected?

We might be able to help sort out what's going on.

Just bear in mind if the replay shows they were using a smokescreen or an island to hide, we have the right to laugh our arses off.:cap_like:

• Cool 2

Players
35 posts
4,630 battles

General awareness (often using minimap + logic), your position on the battlefield, understanding of where the enemy is and what ship he/she is using, understanding where your allies are would be also important.

But I have an itching feeling that giving advice is unnecessary...

Players
2,244 posts
4,794 battles
1 hour ago, alginon1 said:

Sorry don't save replays.  But no smoke screen, no islands no anything. Had Neptune with radar running and just sunk BB torps come from other direction but no ship.  Your answer might have been helpful apart from last bit.  If you think like that don't bother with your advice as it means squat.

1. Sorry, but without a replay, you have zero evidence to back up your claim. Set up replays using the guides available on this very forum and come back to us when it happens again.
  2. Neptune's radar has a maximum range of 9km.
  3. I can name six destroyers in Neptune's MM spread that can all launch torpedoes beyond 9km: Akatsuki (10km), Shiratsuyu (10km), Kagerou (10km), Akizuki (10km), Yuugumo (10km, 12km), Shimakaze (20km, 12km). There are others in other nations.
  4. I'm suprised you reached T9 without undestanding how destroyers work. Or how torpedoes work. Or that Destroyers can stealth launch torpedoes.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,419 posts
14,936 battles
15 hours ago, alginon1 said:

Either let all be able to hide or none at all, some players hide for the whole game.

Er, seriously? You want *everything* to have the same visibility as everything else?

So, by that logic, a sneaky DD should be as visible as a BB the size of a power station...?

Wut?!

[CMP]
[CMP]
Players
3 posts
10,305 battles

[CMP]
[CMP]
Players
3 posts
10,305 battles

Thanks for your reply and assertion that no one can get within 4m without being seen.  Unfortunately that is not true, only tonight that happened.  And yes I do look at the mini map but no they don't show on that either. the first you know is either a torpedo strike or a BB hitting you from nowhere.  Either let all be able to hide or none at all, some players hide for the whole game. Ridiculous!