Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
varoshanin

ramming enemy let sort this

22 comments in this topic

[T3SLA]
Players
20 posts
23,043 battles

Most of us had that situation when your BB was full or little bit from half HP, when some dying BB with 1k or more HP ramm you and kill you... 

So my suggestion its this:

When you ramm or be rammed by some ship with some amount HP ,in moment of impact your HP been take in similar HP +5 % of  HP of ship that ramm you.

example:

You  55000 HP -  enemy 20000 HP = result 34000 HP left and  dead enemy.

in that case dying enemy will double think to ramm you 

what you think about that ? WG stuff in dev team i will love to see your opinion thanks!

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,898 battles

Last time I had a ramming event was a DD trying to ram my BB - major fail by him (her). The ramming damage does seem OP, but then never flown that particular flag, so not sure how that affects such events.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,844 posts
11,757 battles

I actually like ramming as some kind of last resort.

Feels good to take out a fairly healthy ship with the last ounce of your strength.

When I'm on the receiving end, I know I screwed up.

Also it makes sense to me, that a ship always deals its full amount of HP (similar to displacement) as damage.

• Cool 5

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

Last night in cw... not sure if enemy had flag or no, but i did as well:

My moskva 35k hp, his moskva 2k hp ... result? Both died. Coallision speed 3knots...

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

The max HP of a ship roughly correlate with their displacement which in turn affects the damage done by ramming besides other factors as far as you can take RL into account.

Since losing HP doesn't cut away anything (substantial) from the ship (i.e. losing half your HP means losing half of the ship), why should it affect damage done by ramming?

1 minute ago, Boris_MNE said:

Last night in cw... not sure if enemy had flag or no, but i did as well:

My moskva 35k hp, his moskva 2k hp ... result? Both died. Coallision speed 3knots...

Working as intended. Both of you dealt each other 65400 damage...

The flag would have made a difference if you had over 52320 HP left.

[T3SLA]
Players
20 posts
23,043 battles

i know it a game .. k but WG dev trying to be  realistic i much ways so let be realistic here also , cant one flag in real duel ramming to save your ship isn't @fhiljd? 

so i try to make this ramming ships to be realistic, in some sort of way,

and it be nice to  speed of ships included in calculation .

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
21 minutes ago, varoshanin said:

Most of us had that situation when your BB was full or little bit from half HP, when some dying BB with 1k or more HP ramm you and kill you... 

So my suggestion its this:

When you ramm or be rammed by some ship with some amount HP ,in moment of impact your HP been take in similar HP +5 % of  HP of ship that ramm you.

example:

You  55000 HP -  enemy 20000 HP = result 34000 HP left and  dead enemy.

in that case dying enemy will double think to ramm you 

what you think about that ? WG stuff in dev team i will love to see your opinion thanks!

Nothing.

BB do not loose signficant maas over the duration of match.

Camping BB could go for a ramming spree at the end of match.

People who get rammed by enemy should learn how to play better. Taking away some incentives to do so is bad game design.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,494 battles

I have no problem with two ships weighing thousands to tens of thousands of tonnes causing massive damage to each other when they collide.

[HOO]
Players
1,982 posts
3,802 battles

You do know ramming does serious damage. Look at this incident

In early December, Warspite was involved in another incident when, during an exercise, she collided with her sister-ship Barham, which caused considerable damage to Warspite's bow. She made it back to Scapa Flow and from there to Devonport for more repair work, rejoining the fleet on Christmas Eve 1915.

That damage resulted in Warspite loosing a considerable part of her bow up to and including both of her sea anchors.

There really is nothing wrong with the ramming mechanics we have now, and they are very much a last resort option.

If you are going to knife fight with a BB that doesn't have torps or is on really low health you should expect him to try and ram you.

[T3SLA]
Players
20 posts
23,043 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Nothing.

BB do not loose signficant maas over the duration of match.

Camping BB could go for a ramming spree at the end of match.

People who get rammed by enemy should learn how to play better. Taking away some incentives to do so is bad game design.

OK when you had some idiot that stand all the battle, but what if on end of some battle you on one side with half HP and on other side 2 ships on low hp one BB and one cruiser , than of course enemy BB with 2 k HP ramm you and they win but you could kill them easily.

[T3SLA]
Players
20 posts
23,043 battles
3 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

You do know ramming does serious damage. Look at this incident

In early December, Warspite was involved in another incident when, during an exercise, she collided with her sister-ship Barham, which caused considerable damage to Warspite's bow. She made it back to Scapa Flow and from there to Devonport for more repair work, rejoining the fleet on Christmas Eve 1915.

That damage resulted in Warspite loosing a considerable part of her bow up to and including both of her sea anchors.

There really is nothing wrong with the ramming mechanics we have now, and they are very much a last resort option.

If you are going to knife fight with a BB that doesn't have torps or is on really low health you should expect him to try and ram you.

good to bring that , let that damage use in your own team  than.... why not let make a same damage to both sides , enemy and friend ships ..

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
15 minutes ago, varoshanin said:

OK when you had some idiot that stand all the battle, but what if on end of some battle you on one side with half HP and on other side 2 ships on low hp one BB and one cruiser , than of course enemy BB with 2 k HP ramm you and they win but you could kill them easily.

If you can kill them easily, DO IT! Sink them before they sink you!

Do not let yourself get rammed. Identify targets that are dangerous to you. Focus them! Keep your distance.

Learn to play your ship.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,844 posts
11,757 battles
51 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Since losing HP doesn't cut away anything (substantial) from the ship (i.e. losing half your HP means losing half of the ship), why should it affect damage done by ramming?

:Smile_great:

I have a feeling that people, who hate how ramming works right now, like detonations... :Smile_sceptic:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,116 posts
20,924 battles
30 minutes ago, varoshanin said:

good to bring that , let that damage use in your own team  than.... why not let make a same damage to both sides , enemy and friend ships ..

It did in BETA.. It was a bad bad idea. so was removed.. I have no issue with ramming. Its a Supper viable tactic in the end game.. A full health BB should assume if a low health BB gets within 6km he is probably planning to ram.. SO TAKE EVASIVE.

If a low health ship knocks out his opposite number when he is almost full health.. Well personally that should be a reward Medal

• Cool 1

[DMOK]
[DMOK]
Players
506 posts
31,621 battles

I must agree to Toby . A Medal for this brave move would be nice .

If you get rammed you did something wrong . First of if you see he tries to ram you look if you can turn away from him and run full Speed . If he ramms you while you are driving away from him it reduces the dmg massive. If not possible just drive backwards it also reduces the dmg  . With a Flag you mostly can outcome victorious .

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
2 hours ago, varoshanin said:

i know it a game .. k but WG dev trying to be  realistic i much ways so let be realistic here also , cant one flag in real duel ramming to save your ship isn't @fhiljd? 

so i try to make this ramming ships to be realistic, in some sort of way,

and it be nice to  speed of ships included in calculation .

There is no flags which prevents ramming damage. There is just one giving you a bonus on both ramming damage dealt and received.

Sure, the ramming mechanic is not 100% accurate but if you take 0 HP as incapacitated and not just as totally destroyed like the animation suggests it comes pretty close. Go to YouTube and search for ship collision videos. We are not talking about cars here where nudging another car means a small bump. We are talking about tens of thousands of tons of steel moving at moderate speeds with everything that's coming with that like kinetic energy and inertance.

Btw: In a way, speed is included. If the relative speed is very low you get (high) damage in ticks rather than instant death.

Beta Tester
4,723 posts
11,324 battles

Then if you let one ram you they played better and deserved to win.

[HOO]
Players
1,982 posts
3,802 battles

As a history buff, I'd love the game to be more realistic, but WoWS is not a simulator, it's an arcade game, and so I can accept that many mechanics are not realistic.

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
2,828 battles

Legitimate play style. I once fitted a ram and speed flag to a Myogi and killed 4 Saint Louis's before succumbing to fire.

I probably enjoyed it more than they did.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,301 posts
3,849 battles
11 hours ago, daedricbob said:

Legitimate play style. I once fitted a ram and speed flag to a Myogi and killed 4 Saint Louis's before succumbing to fire.

I probably enjoyed it more than they did.

That would be safe to assume.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,844 posts
11,757 battles
20 hours ago, varoshanin said:

Just observe pink massages (mainly caused by ramming) in chat.

Each one would mean at least one dead and one crippled ship.

I don't think I have to say something about intentional teamkills, do I?

Sign in to follow this