Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LilJumpa

PTS 0.6.15

37 comments in this topic

LilJumpa   

Commanders!

Anxious to know more about the next update? Check out this Public Test preview for an overview of the upcoming content!

This update is still under development; the information in this preview is provided for reference, reflecting the current state of the prototype at the time of its publication. Some changes or features may be absent or may look different in the final release. Screenshots, certain specification figures, and in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after this version’s release.

Operation Nagai

c0a3805c-da5f-11e7-ade6-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

A new Operation for Tier VII ships has been added to the game. In this Operation, players will be tasked with the challenge of breaking through enemy defense line, infiltrating behind enemy lines towards the base, provide fire support for the troop landing, and destroy enemy ships.

You can complete this Operation in two ways—

• Defend the landing troops until their landing is successfully completed
  • Destroy all enemy combat units

Players are free to choose which task is most suitable for them to complete depending on the team's lineup and the player's personal game style.

New Port

b136b79c-da5f-11e7-9e49-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

Spoiler

b4116278-da5f-11e7-9509-38eaa7374f3c.jpgb5516002-da5f-11e7-ade6-38eaa7374f3c.jpgb2c39c06-da5f-11e7-ade6-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

b6d02df0-da5f-11e7-96d8-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

Update 0.6.15 introduces a new Port named 'Hamburg' and will be selected by default for all players when the update is released. The port features actual historical elements and references in it's design. You may also find this Port by accessing the Port Menu after its release.

New Campaigns & Collections

Spoiler

9dc85d6e-da5f-11e7-9e49-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

9c799d4c-da5f-11e7-9e49-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

9b56613e-da5f-11e7-ade6-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

9a46fb00-da5f-11e7-9078-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

98e5e30c-da5f-11e7-a5c0-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

bf7b4246-da5f-11e7-8792-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

The update will introduce two new Campaigns. The first Campaign titled "The Battle of the North Cape", is dedicated to the historical battle of the same name. Each mission of this Campaign relates to a certain stage of the said battle.

The second Campaign is dedicated to the New Year celebration. Players will be rewarded with various items from the new collection inspired by the Battle of the North Cape for finishing the both campaigns. Such items will include ship elements, photographs, badges and coats of arms.

The missions’ completion criteria will be much easier during the Public Test. It was done in order to simplify the progression through the campaign, and make the respective rewards more accessible. The final rewards on the Public Test will differ from the rewards on the live server.

New Year Ship's Horn

On the occasion of the forthcoming holiday, all the ships in the game will be newly equipped with ability to sound the horn.

Every time you signal your horns, you spend its sound resource (4 seconds long by default). This resource will begin restoring 15 seconds after you used the horn for the last time. You may also sound horns in short toots, with maximum horn length of 4 seconds. The full restoration of the resource can take up to 45 seconds. Each ship type is equipped with a unique whistle tone of its own. The horn's volume you hear changes according to the distance to the ship (loudest sound range: 1-2 km, quietest  sound range: 5-6 km). You may also hear the enemy ships' horns if these ships are detected by you or your allies. Using binocular view also affects the loudness of the ship’s horns. You may also choose to disable the ship horn sound effect from the Sound setting menu.

Samples:

• Cool 4

We get to use the horn!! 

This i wanted since forever :Smile_smile:

I like this allot, thank you Jumpa for posting it :Smile_honoring:

and a bravo to wg for the ops, personally i love them :Smile_medal:

Edit: launching torps into smoke and blowing the horn to politely let the red know he has gifts incoming :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Major_Damage225
  • Cool 2

16 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

We get to use the horn!! 

Must do list - First 10 seconds on playing of new patch, turn off the fkn horn :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 10

5 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Must do list - First 10 seconds on playing of new patch, turn of the fkn horn :Smile_sceptic:

and miss all the lovely noise made by F-key abusers? :Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

and miss all the lovely noise made by F-key abusers? :Smile_ohmy:

Just another possibility of getting annoyed apart from those

"Thank you" "Negative" spammers, or clicking the minimap like a retard...

LilJumpa   

Oh come on you party poopers.

Secretly you will not turn them off although you say it here ;)

Rushing a DD in smoke and honk right after shooting or ramming an enemy while blapping that N key will be on everyones todo list ^^

• Cool 1

2 minutes ago, LilJumpa said:

Depends on how annoying itll be :Smile_hiding:

I already can see BBs honking when they are about to hit a RN Cruiser in his smoke and when he doesnt move they will be like "Fkkin Newb move, i did sound my horn!!!" :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

cro_pwr   

sit behind the island in your BB, and honk the horn for the rest of the game should be the new meta for all the ehm... elite part of our community :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

5 minutes ago, LilJumpa said:

Rushing a DD in smoke and honk right after shooting or ramming an enemy while blapping that N key will be on everyones todo list ^^

it's certainly on mine :Smile_hiding:

EDIT: also TWO new campaigns...YAY! Hype! Hype!

Patch be like:

hqdefault.jpg

32e.gif

[You have been banned from using Honk Honk for 24 hours] 

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 5

Miessa3   

Cool so i can finaly bring all my ships to my real homeport. :cap_like:

But wait... Since when is the Elbe deep enough for big Battleships to reach Hamburg?

Also the Horns.... Please WG include an option to disable them.....

24 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

32e.gif

Who else read "choking intensifies" first or am I alone? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

6 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Also the Horns.... Please WG include an option to disable them.....

1 hour ago, LilJumpa said:

You may also choose to disable the ship horn sound effect from the Sound setting menu.

Zogash85   

Sooo let's get to speculatin'! What do you guys think will be the campaign and collection rewards? 

I think the Duke of York would make a decent final reward, considering she took part in the battle and isn't the most appealing of premiums to pay real money for, what with not having a heal and all... thoughts?

I also wouldn't mind a dinged-up skin for the Scharnhorst like we got for Bismarck and Hood back in the day. Could that be the collection reward?

Can't wait!

Miessa3   
Just now, Zogash85 said:

Sooo let's get to speculatin'! What do you guys think will be the campaign and collection rewards? 

I think the Duke of York would make a decent final reward, considering she took part in the battle and isn't the most appealing of premiums to pay real money for, what with not having a heal and all... thoughts?

I also wouldn't mind a dinged-up skin for the Scharnhorst like we got for Bismarck and Hood back in the day. Could that be the collection reward?

Can't wait!

My bet is on camos but not the actual ship so you have to buy those from the shop. That makes the most sense from a marketing point of view. Ofc. I hope I am wrong and they indeed give out free premiums.

• Cool 1

Capra76   
4 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

My bet is on camos but not the actual ship so you have to buy those from the shop. That makes the most sense from a marketing point of view. Ofc. I hope I am wrong and they indeed give out free premiums.

There's precedent for WG giving away a christmas gift ship, Graf Spee last year, DoY could well be this year's one.

There's not a great deal of sense in having a copy+paste KGV in the shop when you've already got Hood + Nelson as T7 premiums (although no doubt you'll be able to buy it if you really want to).

Zogash85   
1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

Well, they did last year with the Graf Spee. That was also an oddball ship with more historical than competitive value, so there is precedent. Then again, giving out free Tier 7 premiums would be a first.

I doubt a camo (for a premium ship no less) alone will be the final reward, since that would really remove the incentive for people who don't own the ship to even finish the campaign.

Also, what Capra said.:cap_like:

7 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Pretty much this. Can't see anything else happening though it could also be a free Belfast (trollolololol).

JaiFoh   
2 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

We get to use the horn!! 

Edit: launching torps into smoke and blowing the horn to politely let the red know he has gifts incoming :Smile_trollface:

Well

At least the community contributors have something more fitting to use whenever there is swearing to use instead of the beep

PS, Wargaming we want the Destroyers to have this as their short blasts 

• Cool 1

They actually plan to release new camouflages for different ships according to the Dev Blog on FB.

"Snow-Clad" permanent camouflage for New Mexico, La Galissionniere, Ernst Gaede, Queen Elizabeth and Fu Shun with the normal camo bonuses and +50% credits.

"Frosty Pine" promotional camouflage (looks like blue wrapping paper and white-green stripes/ribbon) with standard camo bonuses, +125% commander's exp, +50% free exp and +100% exp if I understand it correctly.

"Arctic" permanent camouflage for Scharnhorst and Duke of York with both standard camo bonuses, -5% service cost and +50% exp

So I'd say the tier 6 camouflages are for the New Year's campaign. The Arctic camouflage probably will be part of the North Cape campaign and the Frosty Pine one could be a reward for other missions or missions of the the campaigns as well. Or the Scharnhorst camouflage comes with a bundle/for dubloons...

Lin3   
3 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

Who else read "choking intensifies" first or am I alone? :Smile_teethhappy:

I read it as "Chonking intensifies" - which I thought was some Chinese horn related effect.

Sign in to follow this