Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hawg

Teamkill Penalty Mechanics Gone Wrong?

27 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Players
483 posts

I was near a friendly full HP Montana and tried to shoot over him, I thought my rounds would clear, and most did (because I hit my target).   But at least one hit the Montana, and with Murphy's law started a fire.   I immediately apologized and held fire until I was clear.   

He didn't repair the fire because, well why would he use repair on a single fire when he's at full hp?  

So the fire continued to tick away... then I get the notification that I have been given a disciplinary penalty for damaging a teammate.   :(

But then the interesting part:   the fire keeps ticking, and I receive a ton more damage than he does from it.   I was at 75% hp and that one fire kills me.   At the end it did 18.4K damage to him and 48.9K damage to me.   

I also got a 17 game turn at being pink.   (Time to play CV .... love having the pink planes flying around).

This seems like a screwed up mechanic to me -- imho they should not let dots, that were applied before the penalty is given, do damage to you.   There was no way for me to "stop damaging" him, so it not like that damage could act as a deterrent.   

I don't mind the pink penalty, but I do mind losing 75% of my HP because one shell hit a friendly team member on accident.   

Ohh well, not really meaning for this to be a complaint thread, it just surprised me as I didn't know this mechanic could happen.   If there is a "next time", I'll ask him to repair please before I die.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Edited by Hawg
added screenshots

[BLITZ]
Players
2,844 posts
11,757 battles

One does not shoot over allies in Moskva! :Smile_teethhappy:

As soon as you've become pink you took more damage in return than you did to him.

That's why you died rather fast.

Looks like you did 18k to him and 49k to "yourself", that's why it says 67k to allies in total.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles

U seem to do Teamdamage "frequently" thats why u became pink so quick. Also u got 17 games penalty, which is a lot imo.

The game cant distinguish if its intentional or accidental, so either be more careful when shooting, or stop TKing ppl :cap_haloween:

I think i was pink 4-5 times in my 3k+ games, and usually its only 7 games...

[HOO]
Players
483 posts

I think this is my 4th time ever...    maybe 5th.   2 of those were intentional though.   

Players
7,115 posts
11,523 battles
19 minutes ago, Hawg said:

He didn't repair the fire because, well why would he use repair on a single fire when he's at full hp?  

Should have kept shooting him for a 2nd fire! :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 5

[HOO]
Players
483 posts
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

Should have kept shooting him for a 2nd fire! :Smile_hiding:

lol probably would have worked...

I actually didn't realize it was eating my hp so quickly until it was too late to say anything.   I wasn't under fire so had no reason to think I was taking damage.   

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
1 minute ago, Hawg said:

I think this is my 4th time ever...    maybe 5th.   2 of those were intentional though.   

I think all but one time was intentional from me :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,591 posts
1 hour ago, Hawg said:

Time to play CV .... love having the pink planes flying around

:cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
4,604 posts
7,604 battles
1 hour ago, Hawg said:

I also got a 17 game turn at being pink

This is a bit rough, the fire damage reflected back onto you counts as additional damage for the purposes of the disciplinary penalty, so rather than 5 games that you might get for unloading a full salvo of HE into a DD you get 17 for one stray shell.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
58 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

This is a bit rough, the fire damage reflected back onto you counts as additional damage for the purposes of the disciplinary penalty, so rather than 5 games that you might get for unloading a full salvo of HE into a DD you get 17 for one stray shell.

The funny thing is, that somehow its linked to damage u do. I remember one incident during the 2nd part of the Halloween scenario. My division mate lost 10+ matches of being TKer because he did hundreds of thousand damage in that Scenario...

Anyone knows about that? Could need some testing maybe :Smile-_tongue:

Players
7,115 posts
11,523 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

My division mate lost 10+ matches of being TKer because he did hundreds of thousand damage in that Scenario...

That would be me. I went into the scenario with 21 or something matches TK (dont ask why^^) and came out with 8 or 9. That was nice. :cap_like:

3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Could need some testing maybe :Smile-_tongue:

Understood. Time to get pink. Ill get my DD...:Smile_izmena:

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

IIRC the proportions of damage to enemies and damage to allies are taken into account as well. I think it is possible that the number of pink name battles does not go down if you don't do enough damage in a match.

I wonder if operations count as exploit in this matter since it is possible to do way more damage than in random and Coop battles and if it will be fixed.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
20 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

I wonder if operations count as exploit in this matter since it is possible to do way more damage than in random and Coop battles and if it will be fixed.

Literally just said that the Halloween Operation reduced it significantly. So yes, it actually can be exploited if u see it like that.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Literally just said that the Halloween Operation reduced it significantly. So yes, it actually can be exploited if u see it like that.

Yes, but the question is whether WG sees it as exploit and didn't fix it yet or if it is "working as intended"

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
1 minute ago, Tungstonid said:

Yes, but the question is whether WG sees it as exploit and didn't fix it yet or if it is "working as intended"

In the end only good players could exploit it because they know how to deal 150-300k damage in the Operations.

Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,887 battles

Working as intended...

I personally never douse a fire started by friendlies btw. - I know, they won't learn anyway, but the slim hope they might keeps me burning...

Players
161 posts
9,012 battles
9 hours ago, Hawg said:

This seems like a screwed up mechanic to me -- imho they should not let dots, that were applied before the penalty is given, do damage to you.   There was no way for me to "stop damaging" him, so it not like that damage could act as a deterrent. 

If they allowed that, then some smart(?) teamkillers will just shoot you a few times for some fires and watch you burn as they take no penalty. Not supported, bad idea.

[HOO]
Players
483 posts
8 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Working as intended...

I personally never douse a fire started by friendlies btw. - I know, they won't learn anyway, but the slim hope they might keeps me burning...

I hope you don't do that when they accidentally hit you with one shot and then immediately apologize, accidents do happen.   In this case I had also been providing AA support for the BB I accidentally hit, he would have nothing to gain by watching me die because then he would be alone on that flank near the Midway.  

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

If someone apologises straight away I'll repair a friendly fire. However I'll let myself flood if it's a torp flood.

Amazingly some idiot TKed my Scharn last night via a Detonation on full HP. They claimed they were sorry but I was the only ship in range...

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

Well If you accidentally start a fire on a teammate and they make you get teamkiller status because of it..might as well finish the job...:cap_popcorn:

Players
29 posts
619 battles

On one of my first missions I accidentally torped a teamate. Got pink. Yesterday I was gunned down twice from pink ppl (after I got rid of my pink status) just on the mission start. So for WG theres no difference between teamkillers and us who did it once or twice not on purpose. On team kill = pink. Then if you didnt do it on purpose you will get rid of this, if not, you can teamkill all day with your pink nickname.

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles
10 minutes ago, _blackram_ said:

On one of my first missions I accidentally torped a teamate. Got pink. Yesterday I was gunned down twice from pink ppl (after I got rid of my pink status) just on the mission start. So for WG theres no difference between teamkillers and us who did it once or twice not on purpose. On team kill = pink. Then if you didnt do it on purpose you will get rid of this, if not, you can teamkill all day with your pink nickname.

No you can't tk all day. There is a built in mechanic to prevent this.

Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,887 battles
On 7.12.2017 at 5:21 AM, Hawg said:

I hope you don't do that when they accidentally hit you with one shot and then immediately apologize

If (!!!) someone would apologize, I'd heal/repair.

But I can't even remember the last time someone really apologized for doing team damage.

Torps... well, that's a different cup of tea. Torp flooding coming from second row launches I will never (!) repair, as there is no real way for doing them "by mistake". Those always happen because the guy launching the torps is a potatoe...

So it's more a situational thingy...

Sign in to follow this