3 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1 post

Greetings everyone, I was wondering as a newbie player; should I focus on getting tier7 hiryu and skip the HE bomber upgrade on Ryujo - I will be going to get 1-2-2 loadout- or should I upgrade everything? As I have seen and read so far, the game for CV's really start from tier7, and below are the path to learn how to play CV. So what are your thoughts on this,

Should I upgrade HE bombers for 4200 exp or, focus on getting Hiryu first?

Thank you.
JustSayinxx

2 answers to this question

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Go with the upgrade, give yourself more time to learn manual drops and strafing.

At tier 7 you'll have to fight ships like Saipan, the more experience you have, the better your chances not to get annihilated.

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,415 battles

I don't know how familiar you are with manual drops and strafing, but i'd highly recommend sticking with the Ryujo

until you're comfortable with strafes and you've stopped using auto-drops completely (while you're still floating).

At t6 you have a bit of a grace-period since many ppl at that tier aren't that good with either so you have the opportunity to learn

without being clubbed by Saipans (and more rarely Hiryus) with several hundred games in that ship.