Sign in to follow this  
MrConway

Ship Horn

11 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,374 posts
3,947 battles

Please leave feedback on the New Year ship horns here.

FYI: Every time you start giving a sound signal, you spend its time resource (that is 4 seconds long). This time resource will begin restoring 15 seconds after you used the horn for the last time.

Beta Tester
84 posts
8,408 battles

Are you supposed to hear the horn from other ships? I have not heard any except my own so far after a few games and I find it unlikely that no one other would try this feature. Just Santa going Ho Ho Ho after signalling. 

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
28 minutes ago, Fluffy_Pillow said:

Are you supposed to hear the horn from other ships? I have not heard any except my own so far after a few games and I find it unlikely that no one other would try this feature. Just Santa going Ho Ho Ho after signalling. 

I think there was something like "the loudest at 2km or less" and "most silent at 5...6km" - so I guess you have to be that close to hear it

Can't wait for someone to make a song with those horns :cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
84 posts
8,408 battles

Got it yes you have to be really close and crank up the volume to hear it. Its probably a good thing it could easily drive one mad after a while if you get to hear all "tooting" their own horn.

Beta Tester
1,046 posts
8,508 battles

I was very sceptical about this one, but you surprised me!

The horns are very well implemented and thought through! You are able to disable them in the options if they annoy you, and they are not really spamable.

I really wish this level on quality on all other parts of the game!

Only the santa sound at the end annoys the [edited]out of me! But I hope this will only stay during the xmas season and you keep the horns after it.

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles
On 12/8/2017 at 10:45 AM, 0BlackSkull0 said:

I was very sceptical about this one, but you surprised me!

The horns are very well implemented and thought through! You are able to disable them in the options if they annoy you, and they are not really spamable.

I really wish this level on quality on all other parts of the game!

Only the santa sound at the end annoys the [edited]out of me! But I hope this will only stay during the xmas season and you keep the horns after it.

I for one wholeHEARTedly agree with this assessment, especially with the latter part.

The Santa's evil laughter at the end is SO annoying and distracting!

It also doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

Players
27 posts
On 6/12/2017 at 0:08 PM, MrConway said:

Please leave feedback on the New Year ship horns here.

FYI: Every time you start giving a sound signal, you spend its time resource (that is 4 seconds long). This time resource will begin restoring 15 seconds after you used the horn for the last time.

make it permanent, except of hohoho, so everyone can press another button.

then u can make fog and be useful!!

• Cool 1