MrConway

Bug Reports

22 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,374 posts
3,948 battles

Please share all bugs encountered in Public Test 0.6.15 below, using the following template:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details
Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

565152Sanstitre.png

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Priority Target captain skill isn't working during the new Operation as tested on the Myoko, Yorck and Schors.

I've played multiple matches with those three ships and the Priority target skill is "intermittent" at best, I'd say working less than 25% of the time, which massively impacts gameplay when you don't know you're a target!!!!!

My worst case was when I was being shot at by 4 ships inc 1 USN DD, 1 Cleveland, 1 New Mexico and a bloody Missouri, all without my captain perk working.

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,316 battles

1. Description

Encountered a Critical Error in the Game (same one as the Picture of Mr.Conway) Big World Client

2. Reproduction steps

Since im not sure, what causes this Error i cant tell how to reproduce it

3. Result

Game Crashes with a Critical Erorr can only close the Game by terminating the Process via Taskmanager

4. Expected result

-

5. Technical details
Added the Crash.Zip Folder by uploading it on a Online Storage
Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u021qst9qdd7as2/crashes.zip?dl=0

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
20,823 battles

1. Description

Text for Rostral Column is in Russian

2. Reproduction steps

I noticed the Rostral Column in the Clan Base could be built for 100 oil, previously had been 9 999 999, so I built it.

3. Result

Rostral Column added to base, but text when mouse-over and when clicking on it included Russian.

4. Expected result

Rostral Column to be built and all text to be in English, as that's what my game is set to show.

Players
423 posts

I am experiencing two issues bugs that prevent me for achieving some goals in game.  

1: In one of the New Battle of north cape campaign at all missions 5 it ask us to use the Tirpitz for that achievement to be completed.

2: In my German Tech tree there is no Tirpitz at all not even greyed out.

3: When collecting containers there's a link to Santa's Shop. 

4: The Link to Santa's Shop just stay on load screen and do not redirect me to the shop.

5: The New Year's campaign is not activated.

6: On being informed the New Year's campaign is activated and working but i have a daily countdown to how many days left till activation (5 day at last count).

[OFFS]
Players
151 posts
30,926 battles

1. Description

Battle ended normally - Defeat.  After viewing result panels. pressed "Return to Port" button.

Ship model appeared with no UI selection tabs, no carousel, no ship & captain characteristics.

I tried to log off- log in again to reload interface. 

Game crashed

2. Reproduction steps

n/a

A
3. Result

I did need to reload from desktop.

4. Expected result

Port facilities to be able to go in next battle.

5. Technical details
Bug time: about 16:40 (UTC).,5a2bdfc236f56_ErroratreloggingafterportUInotloaded.thumb.JPG.a5d64c7439ede6ab4b370e3c2dc062e0.JPG

DxDiag.txt

Players
141 posts
9,369 battles

1. Description

Couldn't launch torpedoes even though marker was green and I wasn't aiming outside of the right angles (occured twice, once with Shiratsuyu, once with Gadja Mada)

2. Reproduction steps

Was pretty much at the beginning of the battle, might have been the first torp drop of the game

3. Result

Had to switch to gun view and back to solve the problem

Players
43 posts
9,774 battles
On 12/9/2017 at 1:07 PM, TataLup said:

1. Description

Battle ended normally - Defeat.  After viewing result panels. pressed "Return to Port" button.

Ship model appeared with no UI selection tabs, no carousel, no ship & captain characteristics.

I tried to log off- log in again to reload interface. 

Game crashed

2. Reproduction steps

n/a

A
3. Result

I did need to reload from desktop.

4. Expected result

Port facilities to be able to go in next battle.

5. Technical details
Bug time: about 16:40 (UTC).,5a2bdfc236f56_ErroratreloggingafterportUInotloaded.thumb.JPG.a5d64c7439ede6ab4b370e3c2dc062e0.JPG

DxDiag.txt

same problem for me but after exit battle early, several times occurred, screen shot example, no crash, had to close game and restart.

shot-17.12.09_15.51.33-0273.jpg

[B-B-C]
Players
24 posts
8,050 battles
On 12/6/2017 at 9:50 AM, MrConway said:

1. Description

Some voiceovers seem to speak russian instead of what they should be speaking.

2. Reproduction steps

Fresh test installation...

1a) Set languages to english pirate - english

1b) Set Language to English (uk) - national

2) play the game

3. Result

1a) Some items like spotted an enemy destroyer

1b) Same commands as 1a but only on commonwealth ship (vampire)

4. Expected result

correct voiceover should be there

Players
423 posts

Hi WG 

I've notice a lot lately that there is an issues with torpedoes going through a target and not detonating not only me but other players as well are having this and i've told them to check via a replay.

In most cases this issue has cost us the battle where ships would have been sunk were not and able to sink us to win.  

And have mentioned this in a ticket way back also i've had a torpedo go on past it range in this case it had a range of 9.km but went on past 20.km it even sailed on through an island.   

As i said a while back about this i can understand there would be dud torps but i think this is not part of the game's mechanics if it was the said torps would not go through but stop at target not detonating.

Players
423 posts
11 hours ago, Uriens_The_Gray said:

Game is lagging like hell. Never seen this behavoir before. Game freezes every 2-3 seconds for 2-3 seconds.

Have you got the Origin game launcher on your PC if so delete it and try again.

There is a conflict with origin launcher and WG WOWS.

If in doubt i got this info from one of Jingles videos he had the same and someone told him to delete origins and his lag went away.

If you have not origins running then it can be that in the test server there have been a number of cheaters and their cheats can lag the game as i have experienced both cheats and lag. 

Players
703 posts

Can't download Session 2 of PT 6.15, the launcher hangs on "Updating game client..."

Played fine Session 1 last week.

Reset firewall, trying installing a fresh copy, but after dl the few MB for the launcher than it doesn't start the big ones GBs!

Players
423 posts
4 hours ago, RedAnark said:

Can't download Session 2 of PT 6.15, the launcher hangs on "Updating game client..."

Played fine Session 1 last week.

Reset firewall, trying installing a fresh copy, but after dl the few MB for the launcher than it doesn't start the big ones GBs!

I had a long download and thought it had cashed but it was the download taking it time.

If you have a copy of the first download exe. in your download folder or where you save the downloads if you have reinstall that it will take a long time.

If not retry compleat from the Public test server site see if that works. 

Players
211 posts
7,258 battles

1. Description

Algerie Defensive AA doesn't boost 25mm guns (or at least H key doesn't show the boost)

2. Reproduction steps

If you take defensive anti-air consumable and use it, AA damage will clearly show boost to Long range and medium range, but not close range

3. Result

Algerie AA (and I suspect Russian 25mm as well) is 20%+ weaker than it supposed to be. 

4. Expected result

25 mm short range should get bonus from Def AA. 

[FAD]
Players
86 posts

a bug that i had was that sometimes the game was stucked in operation and it infinite loading

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
582 posts
35,316 battles

Guys, im not sure if that fits into that Bug Reports from Public Test (because i found this sticky Place on the Life Server) i wasnt able to get away because the Islands keept sucking me in. I cant reverse, cant manouver front, back, wiggling... nothing Works to be fair, tried even to set an Autopilot Curse - doesnt Work. Its a nice Place to be (as u can see the Port and Airbase in the Back) the Location on the Map should help you to figure out where it is. Sorry for posting that in the Bug Reports :)

The Result of this was, i cant get away from that and we loose the Game.

shot-17.12.10_15.13.14-0180.jpg

Players
703 posts
On 12/16/2017 at 3:35 AM, Jessa_Doom said:

I had a long download and thought it had cashed but it was the download taking it time.

If you have a copy of the first download exe. in your download folder or where you save the downloads if you have reinstall that it will take a long time.

If not retry compleat from the Public test server site see if that works. 

Thanks Jessa,

I finally waited hours to dl a fresh copy, while... playing Crossout! :Smile_playing:

[SAR18]
Players
45 posts
On 12/15/2017 at 7:41 PM, Jessa_Doom said:

Have you got the Origin game launcher on your PC if so delete it and try again.

There is a conflict with origin launcher and WG WOWS.

If in doubt i got this info from one of Jingles videos he had the same and someone told him to delete origins and his lag went away.

If you have not origins running then it can be that in the test server there have been a number of cheaters and their cheats can lag the game as i have experienced both cheats and lag. 

No, Steam was just updating some games in the background, eating up bandwidth. Lag went away entirely after updating was finished. Origin is not installed, and never will be (see SW BF2). If this origin  launcher causes permantly lag, it uses constantly the internet connection to phone home ... which is in my opinion a serious security (and privacy) issue. But thanks anyway.

[SAR18]
Players
45 posts
On 12/15/2017 at 7:41 PM, Jessa_Doom said:

Cheaters in WoWs? Never thought this could happen ... and i always beliefed knowing how the game works is cheating  ;-)

Seriously, since the removal of the code that made the aim bot possible, i was sure cheating would never happen again. ... so kann man sich irren ...