MrConway

New Campaign: "The Battle of the North Cape"

18 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,374 posts
3,948 battles

Please leave feedback on our new campaign "The Battle of the North Cape" here.

Please note that the difficulty will likely be increased for the release version, we are looking for feedback on the mechanics rather than the difficulty.

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
20,733 battles

What does the Tirpitz have to do with the Battle of the North Cape? Is this the final reward of the campaign purely because the other (locked) campaign has the Halloween camouflage for the Tirpitz as its final reward?

And looking at the missions I note there are tasks similar to the Hood ones in the "Hunt the Bismarck", where for the effort needed you get more stars. These are marked as needing to be done in the Tirpitz, though they seem to relate to what has happened to the Scharnhorst in the part of the Battle of the North Cape that mission covers. M1 has the Scharnhorst ambushed by RN cruisers and the task is survive a battle where you caused 5000 damage to enemy cruisers, M3 has Duke of York wreck the Scharnhorsts main battery tower and the task is to score a citadel hit, and suchlike. Are these tasks going to be for the Tirpitz or is it intended to change them to be done in Scharnhorst or Duke of York (either all in one or some in one and some in the other)?

[ALONE]
Modder
2,257 posts
13,984 battles

Please allow scenarios also counting towards campaign progress, to raise replayability.

• Cool 1

Players
4,590 posts
7,604 battles

The "battle conditions" for some of the missions seems to be inconsistent and self-contradictory, for example mission 1 task 1, "spot 1 German battleship" "complete the task in random or ranked battles..............." however the icons also indicate that it can be done in co-op.

Edit:

It seems that the tasks can be completed in co-op so this should be included in the wording.

Players
4,590 posts
7,604 battles

Mission 2 task 1 (survive 25,000 potential damage) is bugged, it allowed me to complete the task despite being sunk.

[OCTO]
Players
1,232 posts
28,446 battles

I hope that missions are repeatable as in previous campaigns - didn't have time to test yet.

BTW, a very decent award, I hope it stays the same. Wouldn't mind Tirpitz ;) :cap_like:

On a slightly negative side, here comes another horde of German BB players and based on past experience, it will be a carnage and source of lot of frustration.

All in all - very good - decent campaign with a nice reward. Thank you! :Smile_honoring:

[T-F-K]
Players
30 posts
14,252 battles

Hopefully they just don't want to reveal, what will be the true reward. The Duke of York.

Impossible, and foolish thing to give a tier 8 premium BB for free ( because the missions are not even challenging )

I think Scharnhorst will be the German BB which is required for some missions.

Just think: Duke of York was easy to create. Not more then a modified KGV. WG didn't have to make a new 3D model for it. ( that takes a lot of time..and money )

Anyway, I think the creators want to test whether a BB can exist in this game without a Repair Party, so they need a lot of games with that ship to see the stats.

That's why it is sure that the duke will be the reward, not the Tirp.

[OHRIP]
Players
1,113 posts
9,779 battles

Is there any indication during which time periods these campaigns will be active? I am away for a few days over Christmas and would be a shame to miss out on these nice campaign. Please give us reasonable time to complete them. We want to spend more time with our families over Christmas. :Smile_Default:

Players
4,590 posts
7,604 battles
On 07/12/2017 at 10:02 PM, Capra76 said:

Mission 2 task 1 (survive 25,000 potential damage) is bugged, it allowed me to complete the task despite being sunk.

Missions 1 + 2 task 5 (Tirpitz) are similarly bugged, completed both despite being sunk.

Players
57 posts
6,921 battles

With the marketing having just been added to the news area of the live game, this is all rather odd as a lot of the focus is on HMS Belfast, rather a shame that this ship was pulled from sale not so long ago.

As always, it's new content and so never a bad thing.

Players
15 posts
4,586 battles

I find it a bit strange that some of the tasks should be performed in the ship that is the ultimate win of those tasks. That should infer that; in order to win the ship you should first get it. Isn't that a bit stupid?

Many of you are speculating in the fact that the ship will get replaced in the real campaign. That is good. I don't like when you have to finish a task in a premium ship. It feels like it's only there to make money. You thus can buy a better chance to finish the campaign than those that doesn't buy the premium ship.

[NFURS]
Players
12 posts
4,187 battles

They said, "somewhere", that the Campaigns on PT would be significantly easier to perform than they'll be on live server.

Weekend Tester
1,353 posts
35,188 battles

How do I complete "Battle of the North Cape" again ? You didn't reset the progress from round one.

Could you please make up your mind ?

English homepage: yes wipe

All public test accounts will be wiped for Round 2. Please see below for the updated missions and rewards. 

German homepage: no wipe

Für Runde 2 wird der Fortschritt nicht zurückgesetzt. Nachfolgend findet ihr Aktualisierungen bezüglich Aufträge und Belohnungen.

Players
423 posts

Did WG brains go on holiday or someone thought it's a joke to play campaign battles in a Tirpitz to win a Tirpitz.

The New year's campaign also you have to play in the Tirpitz, what a laugh if you have not won one in the north cape campaign.

[FAD]
Players
86 posts
2 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Will this be released with 0.6.15? Do we know what the prize will be ?

i tkink the prize will be the Tripitz but they say in live game this campaign will be more difficult from public test

Weekend Tester
1,353 posts
35,188 battles

The reward will not the Tirpitz, but the British tier 7 bb Duke of York.

If it goes anything like last year's Graf Spee, they will start selling the DOY on thursday and also unlock a temporary campaign that will last for about 3 weeks and does require the DOY to get started. Meanwhile there will be a second campaign where you can get the DOY for free as a final reward, but the different stages -while being easy to do- will be time gated, with a new part unlocked every couple of days. So if you go the freebie route, you will have about 7 days left to do the the special DOY campaign. As I said, that's if they stick to last year's plan (minus the sh**storm on EU, perhaps, this time).