You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T0byJug

HMAS Vampire Thanks for the Marathon...... BUT REALLY WARGAMING

27 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,896 battles

@MrConway @Sub_Octavian

Hay Wargaming thanks for the HMAS Vampire Marathon as others have said is cool and very Doable.

So what's my issue and why a new thread.

Well A month or so ago I gifted a Good friend and ClanMate  @piritskenyer The De Grasse. Knowing my Love for all things Destroyer. The only DD i do not have being Gremyashchy.

Toast(Piritskenyer) being a supper tester and a all round good chap Vowed to Get me HMAS Vampire and the T61 on release,. So yesterday morning seeing the little countess was in the shop he jumped in gifted me and sent me a text. I leaped out of bed, accepted the gift and went to look at the lady in port.. She looks Beautiful. I see a little 1 on the mission Icon Cool I had done all the active mission so whats the new one.. Yep Mission marathon for HMAS Vampire...

So after all this Ramble what my issue..

Wargaming PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. In future if you are going to release a ship in shop and a marathon for said ship.   PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE MARATHON IS UP ON THE PORTAL BEFORE THE SHIP IS IN THE SHOP

Im cool with it being in shop for those with no time/Inclination for the Mission. But make sure people have the tools for an informed decision.

• Cool 15

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
12 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE MARATHON IS UP ON THE PORTAL BEFORE THE SHIP IS IN THE SHOP

That would make less money :cap_yes:

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
28,796 posts
15,091 battles

One could take the time for an informed decision.

There is a reason that scientist say that impulse buying is bad.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,896 battles
Just now, wilkatis_LV said:

That would make less money :cap_yes:

In there defence i am 99% sure this was not on Purpose, Those in charge of shop are not the same as those that do announcements. Its just Shop douse not have the same level of Localisation needed. they do however need co-ordination 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,896 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Thing is unless i am mistaken the Portal did not announce the marathon till early afternoon.. Ship was in shop by 8am CET.

4 minutes ago, robihr said:

ah.. toby doing toby things :Smile_trollface:

robihe.... Yep T0by doing things with DDs  :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,805 posts
20,043 battles
10 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Thing is unless i am mistaken the Portal did not announce the marathon till early afternoon.. Ship was in shop by 8am CET.

robihe.... Yep T0by doing things with DDs  :cap_cool:

Yeah, their announcement lag hours behind, but it's kinda fitiing, as their entire view on all things marketing and events ( server disparity in terms of shop and events ) did lag a century behind. ^^

What...things? Wait, i don't want to know! :Smile-_tongue:

Players
852 posts
12,177 battles

On the russian forum, the marathon was announced alongside the other missions for december about a week ago, including all the relevant details about prerequisites and rewards.

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,424 posts
4,492 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes, we know, you know best, and you're always right, and as always, morally superior to all of us mere mortals.:Smile-_tongue:

RI0Iaoh.jpg

I "impulse-bought" the ship for T0by, because that's what i was planning to do. Buy him the ship as a gift as soon as it gets released. Had I been informed on the fact that the ship was going to be in a mission, I may have still had bought it as a gift for him still, but I may have asked him first. Or maybe not. I don't know, we're after the fact. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,279 posts
3,830 battles

All right, this :Smile_honoring: is me saying "cheers" to both TobyJug and piritskeneyer for gifting each other with ships and generally being good sports on the forum!

Incidentally, I also bought the HMAS Vampire yesterday. Not because I didn't want to do the mission marathon, but because I seriously doubt I will be able to set aside the necessary time, what with the upcoming holidays and all. And I had a really good first game in her, so I am quite a happy camper with that decision!

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,149 posts
29,512 battles
2 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Wargaming PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. In future if you are going to release a ship in shop and a marathon for said ship.   PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE MARATHON IS UP ON THE PORTAL BEFORE THE SHIP IS IN THE SHOP

Im cool with it being in shop for those with no time/Inclination for the Mission. But make sure people have the tools for an informed decision.

I agree Toby, and if I know you, your only consolation is, that you have that beautiful flag. d69d6a76-d5d7-11e7-a9d1-ac162d8bc1e4.png

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,374 posts
3,948 battles
2 hours ago, T0byJug said:

@MrConway @Sub_Octavian

Hay Wargaming thanks for the HMAS Vampire Marathon as others have said is cool and very Doable.

So what's my issue and why a new thread.

Well A month or so ago I gifted a Good friend and ClanMate  @piritskenyer The De Grasse. Knowing my Love for all things Destroyer. The only DD i do not have being Gremyashchy.

Toast(Piritskenyer) being a supper tester and a all round good chap Vowed to Get me HMAS Vampire and the T61 on release,. So yesterday morning seeing the little countess was in the shop he jumped in gifted me and sent me a text. I leaped out of bed, accepted the gift and went to look at the lady in port.. She looks Beautiful. I see a little 1 on the mission Icon Cool I had done all the active mission so whats the new one.. Yep Mission marathon for HMAS Vampire...

So after all this Ramble what my issue..

I don't disagree with you and I'll make sure to push for this for future marathons.

If you like I can talk to customer support about issuing a refund for your friend's gift, let me know.

• Cool 12

[MDIV]
[MDIV]
Beta Tester
220 posts
12,651 battles
4 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I don't disagree with you and I'll make sure to push for this for future marathons.

If you like I can talk to customer support about issuing a refund for your friend's gift, let me know.

giphy.gif

• Cool 4

[ONE2]
Players
3,138 posts
23,444 battles

Well, is she any good then? Does anyone have any idea of her stats? Other than the White Engine, i mean... :Smile_smile: Just curious.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,896 battles
5 minutes ago, MrConway said:

@MrConway

I will talk to @piritskenyer as the gift also came with a nice flag and prem time... also i spent commander xp to get commander too 10 points so makes things a little difficult for you. Question when i complete mission Taste of Blood. do i get the doubloon cost of the ship? 2300 doubloons i believe? Im on the last stage.  As i always have uses for dubloons

Thanks for the prompt Reply and the kind offer to talk to support  As i said its a great mission for December just a shame about the announcement

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,424 posts
4,492 battles
5 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

@MrConway

I will talk to @piritskenyer as the gift also came with a nice flag and prem time... also i spent commander xp to get commander too 10 points so makes things a little difficult for you. Question when i complete mission Taste of Blood. do i get the doubloon cost of the ship? 2300 doubloons i believe? Im on the last stage.  As i always have uses for dubloons

Thanks for the prompt Reply and the kind offer to talk to support  As i said its a great mission for December just a shame about the announcement

I for one can go w/o the refund, especially taking into consideration the flag and cmd I don't want to separate @T0byJug from. Besides, 't'was a gift and not just because of the de Grasse he got me :Smile_Default:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,896 battles
3 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Well, is she any good then? Does anyone have any idea of her stats? Other than the White Engine, i mean... :Smile_smile: Just curious.

3 games 1 win.. 31k average damage. Good guns and single launch torps like RN ships. I like her alot, she is good fun. AA pretty good for a tier 3 DD.. i have shot down planes

6km 53 knot torps more than ok for tier 3

1.png.5986f4f8c39ce8199e1404cece2a250a.png

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,896 battles

Note to forum....... I posted a Polite Critic to wargaming with what i thought was a legitimate Grievance, I got a prompt and Very satisfactory reply from them

Flamers and Trolls take note...... This is how to do it.....

Thanks again @MrConway

• Cool 5

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,149 posts
29,512 battles
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

Note to forum....... I posted a Polite Critic to wargaming with what i thought was a legitimate Grievance, I got a prompt and Very satisfactory reply from them

Flamers and Trolls take note...... This is how to do it.....

Thanks again @MrConway

Always pays to be polite, so well done, my bet is, you wont want the refund if it means losing the flag. :) WD Toby.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,896 battles
Just now, iJoby said:

Always pays to be polite, so well done, my bet is, you wont want the refund if it means losing the flag. :) WD Toby.

MY next point will be can the RN also fly multiple flags.. i know have 3  :Smile_hiding:

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,149 posts
29,512 battles
6 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

MY next point will be can the RN also fly multiple flags.. i know have 3

cap_yes.gif That would be nice.

[CAIN]
Players
4,805 posts
20,043 battles
18 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

MY next point will be can the RN also fly multiple flags.. i know have 3  :Smile_hiding:

Once we get the Blackadder Captain campaign we'll sure get the ability to s'port 3 flags on our RN ships.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,279 posts
3,830 battles
10 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Once we get the Blackadder Captain campaign we'll sure get the ability to s'port 3 flags on our RN ships.

The sound of cannon 'cross the waves

- Good folks, I'm counting up to thirty!

Beware the filthy galley slaves

Unless you want to end up dirty!

Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning scam!

Blackadder! Blackadder! He's going for a ram...!!!

• Cool 6