Sign in to follow this  
Toxoplasmosi

URSS warship Cruiser Level IV Svietlana or Svetlana?

7 comments in this topic

Players
364 posts
11,448 battles

Players, I (and my wife Svetlana) asked to the webmaster to change the name of the Cruiser USSR Светлана (lev. IV) in Svetlana and not Svietlana as it is. In all European language the Cirillic characters of Светлана is translated in Svetlana (without the i after Sv as it is now.) Kindly, Mr Martin Walk (Customer Service Representative) answered me in this way:

"... we do not consider this an error or a bug. You can however always ask other players for their opinion. In this case I would like to ask you to open a thread on our forums here. If enough players do complain we might change it."

What do you think about it? Would you please help me (and my wife Svetlana) to tell him to change it? We thanks you very much for that :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svetlana-class_cruiser

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Светлана_(бронепалубный_крейсер)

Regards,

Captain-Pilot Toxoplasmosi (Carlo) and my "loved" wife Svetlana.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
10 minutes ago, Toxoplasmosi said:

Svietlana

This makes English speaking countries (a.k.a. all the people who communicate with us but don't know Russian) have a better chance to correctly pronounce the name.

This is literally a non-issue, let WG focus on more important things.

Players
364 posts
11,448 battles

wilkatis_LV: thanks for answer.

I do not consider this a problem, but a refinement. The details sometimes are pleasing. Life is not only to face "Big problem", even a little flower in a large field contributes to its entire beauty... do not you think so? :-)

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
22 minutes ago, Toxoplasmosi said:

wilkatis_LV: thanks for answer.

I do not consider this a problem, but a refinement. The details sometimes are pleasing. Life is not only to face "Big problem", even a little flower in a large field contributes to its entire beauty... do not you think so? :-)

This is similar to WoT map Malinovka.

Actual village name near / at which the battle took place and after which vicinity the mat itself is modeled is called Malinova, without the k which is just a Russian addition which caught on mostly in the soviet era (even Russians themselves called it Malinova during WW2, altho for them according to their maps both names were like synonyms) :cap_like:

Players
364 posts
11,448 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

This is similar to WoT map Malinovka.

Actual village name near / at which the battle took place and after which vicinity the mat itself is modeled is called Malinova, without the k which is just a Russian addition which caught on mostly in the soviet era (even Russians themselves called it Malinova during WW2, altho for them according to their maps both names were like synonyms) :cap_like:

Yes... so... :-) about this particular... in this game, as a game maked only for fun, your opinion for joke is:

Svietlana or Svetlana (as my russian wife say?) :-))))))))))))))

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
16 minutes ago, Toxoplasmosi said:

Yes... so... :-) about this particular... in this game, as a game maked only for fun, your opinion for joke is:

Svietlana or Svetlana (as my russian wife say?) :-))))))))))))))

Well, i speak Russian, so I personally don't need the i there :cap_haloween:

Players
364 posts
11,448 battles
14 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Well, i speak Russian, so I personally don't need the i there :cap_haloween:

Спасибо! Светлана, моя жена, здесь и спасибо ей тоже. :-)))

Sign in to follow this