Sign in to follow this  
Cyclops_

Jianwei

27 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
1,236 posts
22,621 battles

IMG_1160.thumb.PNG.23613cc56ac9e1cb496b98f773c14ec7.PNGGetting really stressed out with this DD, played 20 battles and  if I survive a battle I get 35k + damage, or I go out within a minute or so of a game starting with very little damage done. A T5 ship that the spotted distance is greater than the torpedo firing distance is a hard ship to play. I think I am getting a 30-40% win rate only on it.

Should I struggle on or just get through to the T6 ???, I must admit, when I survive a battle and get good damage it is very satisfying.

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
13,164 battles

Depends on your playstyle, i would say ... maybe you focus too hard on getting torpedohits ?

In this line all ships are different, because different nations in origin, but they all are more gunboats, than torpedoboats.

Jianwei is british in origin, so low velocity guns. But you will meet them again at T7, because Gadjah Mada is british made, too.

The T6 is a clone of the Premium Anshan, russian made. Completely different. Gunboat with exeptionally good guns. Completely different to T5 + T7, high velocity, flat arcs, good AP.

You have to manage the guns to have fun with the T7 and the Gadjah Mada is a awsome gunboat. 3 triple turrets and the two superimposed turrets can turn 360 degrees, but the guns have that high arc too.

T8 - T10 get even more floating shells, because american origin.

Up to you. 

All ships of that line really shine only with a 10 skill Cpt and CE. Anything before that is hard work.

Honestly, i did not plan to, but i kept the Jianwei in harbour. As a gunboat mit strong torps, not the other way around.

If you dont have a 10 skill Cpt yet, think about aquiring the anshan package with a 10 pt captain. It hepls ... :Smile_Default:

[OGHF]
Players
1,236 posts
22,621 battles

Thanks fella, must admit have played it more torp than gun by using premium smoke, it can score very highly this way, but it is fraught with danger and deffo play safe if CV are in game. 

Need a bit of a rethink but will persevere

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
13,164 battles

Dont get me wrong: these dw-torps are brutally effective. No doubt about that.

But if you look at the specs of these ships, i say it is clear they are more guns than torps.

You have more and better smoke than the normal DD (6 with premium and a awesome reload) and overall they have more in common with the USBoats, than anything else.

So think thoroughly about it:

my serious personal guess is, if you dont like the T5, i doubt you will become friends with the rest of the line. Even taken into account, that the highter tiers have a better window for stealth firing the torps.

They all have their strenght in the guns, still

:Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
13,164 battles

HE does the job for me sufficently, at least with the JianWei and the Gadjah Mada. The only new asians i have in harbour.

At T5 its not that big problem; no Khabas around at this tier :Smile_veryhappy:

At T7 no problems up to now, but my Gajah Mada already has a 15 Skill Cpt with DE. Had no problems so far to burn them down. I even succeeden in killing a Benson yesterday ... but barely.

My Anshan as T6 is different, because the russian laserguns play in a different league. You will see when you get the Fushun :Smile_trollface:

A lot of people go for IFHE, i prefer and plan a level3-skill-build with DE + AFT + SE and only CE as level4 skill. PT and LS of course (rudder seems to be made of cardboard ...)

I even find this Captain-build perfect for my new Huang He. Cannot complain. But that is a personal point of view ...

[H_FAN]
Players
2,678 posts
44,884 battles

Use guns a lot with DE you have 10 % fire chance, I have nearly got 70 K gun only as best results, I am an average DD player but I realize that effective use of smoke and guns can make this ship work.

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
13,164 battles

... and sometimes you get lucky ...

Had a pityful NewMex yesterday, that was focussed on bullying 2 Königs on our side and sailed too close to the island ... this is the bingo you are hoping for in the jaing wei with that short range torps.

Stayed undetected behind the corner and: 4 hits and from hero to zero for the new mex.

If you get them to hit something, these dw- torps hit really really hard ...:Smile_ohmy:

And i almost won a gunduel with a podvoisky ... but just almost. He got me first when we had both 100 hp left ... those high arcs with that british guns make gunfights in brwaling distance not easy.

And he was the better DD player. i am not really good in DDs.

Have a lot to practice, still ...

Good luck to all

Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles

You just play it like Emerald - lay down the smoke, provoke them to push you and come on their faces with torps. Very strongly t5.

Players
3,144 posts
17,735 battles

8s reload on the Jianwei and you are calling it a gunboat?

Granted its guns are usable, but it only outguns IJN dds. The boat feels like a struggle until you get CE. 

Use smoke liberally, make sure not to eat any torps and daka-daka seems like the way to go.

Players
118 posts

On 12/5/2017 at 10:20 PM, Cyclops_ said:

Should I struggle on or just get through to the T6 ???, I must admit, when I survive a battle and get good damage it is very satisfying.

Jianwei ist just total trash. I skipped it after 6 or so battles and would recommend you do too.

Ofc it's T5 so you can still do some damage but really.. a dd that can't stealth torp, can't torp dds and can't gun down dds.. what's the point?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,857 posts
21,606 battles
5 hours ago, Titan_net said:

Jianwei ist just total trash. I skipped it after 6 or so battles and would recommend you do too.

Ofc it's T5 so you can still do some damage but really.. a dd that can't stealth torp, can't torp dds and can't gun down dds.. what's the point?

Agreed, that ship has no strengths but enough drawbacks to be a real pain.

Beta Tester
2,205 posts
13,164 battles

Update for this topic:

i am still fond of this ship ... I agree with all the flaws mentioned above, but if you manage to dance along this very thin line between being spotted or not, it is a very nice T5 DD.

It uptiers not very well, that must be said, but at T5/T6 it is nice to play ...

Jianwei.thumb.png.bd18a23b0a5175b0e1af6b523220ecb1.png

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles

The reload of the guns is completely rubbish. 8 seconds? are you kidding me? I've just been owned by a V-170... a tier 4, because his guns were shooting twice as much as mine. A tier lower!. I don't want to know what would happen if instead of a tier 4 my enemy would have been a Nicholas with 3.6 seconds reload...

And the 8% fire chance, great on paper... more rubbish. That V170 set me on fire 3 times, my shells didn't spark not even one.

So, useless torpedoes vs destroyers, and useless guns. This ship needs an urgent revision.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles
On 6/12/2017 at 1:08 PM, The_Pillager said:

my serious personal guess is, if you dont like the T5, i doubt you will become friends with the rest of the line

You're completely wrong on that. The T5 is rubbish. the rest I've tried (up to 7) are really good ships (Gadjah Mada is OP as hell).

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

At first I thought she was ok. But especially in a T7 matchmaking bracket, I can't see her having any redeeming qualities. 

It's like they didn't know what they wanted her to be. 

She's a torpedo boat with mediocre guns and poor torpedoes. 

Or she's a gunboat with mediocre torpedoes and poor guns. 

She has a detection near her torpedo range, guns do the same damage as the nicholas but with double the reload. Gun angles and torp angles are abysmal. 

I tried really hard to make her work, but despite having a good winrate with her, I ended up skipping the last 10k xp and boosted to the t7. Which incidentally is worth it. 

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles

Cant wait to get rid of it. It has bad guns, and speed and consealment is not supporting the low range of torps.

I grind it, but I dont know why, because its no fun at all. Cant say next boats looks too promising either.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,004 posts

I actually had to check mine. Couldn`t remember it.....but then again. I was done with her in 11 games.

Got to love flags,cammo and specials. Lol.

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
3 hours ago, bug said:

Cant wait to get rid of it. It has bad guns, and speed and consealment is not supporting the low range of torps.

I grind it, but I dont know why, because its no fun at all. Cant say next boats looks too promising either.

Ghadjah Mada is worth it though. But I skipped the Gnevny. I don't want nor need above Gnevny. 

But the Ghadjah Mada is a great little boat. Good guns, good torps, good concealment, good smoke, good speed and maneuverable 

Players
118 posts
2,962 battles

I just started with Pan Asian and am still at tier 4 (Shenyang) but getting close to tier 5 which is why I looked up this thread.

Used the fitting tool to compare the two (tier 4 with tier 5) and I am at a loss.

Jianwei has 2k more health and harder hitting torpedos… but that’s IT.

Shenyang has

-          more gun DPM with better pen

-          better gun rotation

-          has (optionally) longer range torps so they are easier to use

-          better concealment

-          better speed

-          better ruder shift

So.. why again is Jianwei a higher tier?

I was looking forward to getting into higher tier Pan Asian DDs but I am kinda not that hyped up with what lies immediately ahead.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,857 posts
21,606 battles
9 minutes ago, TekumzeWolf said:

So.. why again is Jianwei a higher tier?

That's because the JohnWayne is just like the Emerald, there to punish you before you can play the good ships. It's there to discourage everyone but the most determined players.

It's there to force open your wallet through frustration, so that you spend coin on dubloons in order to free XP your suffering behind to Fushun.

So suffer the JohnWayne or quit the line.

Players
118 posts
2,962 battles
6 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

That's because the JohnWayne is just like the Emerald, there to punish you before you can play the good ships. It's there to discourage everyone but the most determined players.

It's there to force open your wallet through frustration, so that you spend coin on dubloons in order to free XP your suffering behind to Fushun.

They are trying that trick on the wrong person then... lol

I have just finished the Emerald yesterday, I finished the Furutaka when it was really bad, I went through Karlsruhe when each HE hit broke something on it.

I have no premiums (apart from the reward ships) and no intention of buying any.

I don't have "Instant gratification" problem big enough to spend loads of money on virtual ships :) They got 8 euro from me because I like the game enough for me to feel they deserved to get something.

[BONI]
Players
1,259 posts
12,229 battles

It's rubbish. I expected a bad experience and I'm getting it. A mish-mash of mediocre and bad features with not really anything to compensate. All it has is alpha damage (compared to other DDs, for what it's worth) and fire chance. But it's on 8-second reloads so whatever. It's this line's pre-buff Emerald. And you know what? They got me. I bought a day of premium just to get through it faster. Well, at least I can power through FU Son in Aegis because I really don't wanna take that turret traverse into pvp without EM.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this