You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sargento_YO

Give back the Bogues AS setup please!!! It's wortheless now!!

30 comments in this topic

Players
1,423 posts
8,827 battles

You know, since the patch Bogue (and all other USN carriers) lost their hability to change air setups. The most useful setup was the 2-0-1 AS setup. (Hell, the 1-1-0 was pretty useful too, those dive RNG dependant dive bombers are useless) which could totally nullify any other setup, both in Zuiho and others non-AS Bogues. That setup was the best to protect your team from the enemy carrier, and once you managed to shoot down all the enemy planes you could scout the enemy. Sure, you had only one dive bomber squad which could do barely any damage to enemy ships. But still, alot of battles were won thanks to this setup.

Now, the Bogue with 1-1-1 setup it's worthless... Tier 5 fighters which can be easly defeated by Zuiho´s ones. In the past it was much easier. AS bogue could throw 12 - 14 fighters against his pitful 4 - 5 fighter planes.

Please WG, return the AS Bogue setup back!!!! It's crap now!!!

Now, by this time anyone would probably check my stats to check how much seal club I did with an AS Bogue... Isn't it?? But when you do it you will find a weird surprise: My main ship it`s... THE ZUIHO!!!

But... How home someone which mainly plays the Zuiho complains about the removal of the AS Bogue??... Sit down and let me tell you my story with a couple of beers (and yes, I have a quite few on me, if anyone ever meet me in combat probably knows my motto).

I used to munch AS Bogues with my Zuiho, and I really enjoyed shooting down his planes. In fact I'm number 1 in average shoot down planes per battle of the EU (and I believe of all servers, and even in a single battle, with 57 back in the times when tier 4 and 5 carriers could do strafes) using a tactic which everybody (even today) believes it's stupid and noobish. It's the kind of thrill that probably Jerry gets when he owns Tom in those totally violent and "politically incorrect" cartoons from 40 and 50's. Everybody knows that an AS Bogue must own a Zuiho in any circunstance. (well, you got the point)...

Nowadays I find way too easy to defeat a Bogue in my Zuiho. I don't get that Thrill anymore. That's why I ask the return of the AS Bogue.

And probably anyone would think "wait... this dude enjoys seal clubbing. Now his seal clubbing it's much easier now, he shouldn't be greateful about the nerf?" And I can tell you: I'm not, because I already suffered this same situation back in World of tanks.
Two years ago or so (I don't recall the version numbers) The Hellcat (American TD tier 6) was the king. Alot of players used it, specially in strongholds and tank companies. It was a very good TD. Until WG decided to nerf it because it was a "too good TD" (I don't recall exactly WHY they nerf it) and I really didn`t wanted them to nerft it despite the fact I never owned a Hellcat on my own and I enjoyed finding them on the enemy side.
Why? Because my main tank was the MT-25 with the automatic SH 37mm cannon. Which was totally awesome against them. In 9 seconds or so I could deliver 30 shoots with an average damage of 45 per shoot. Even I managed to erase two almost full HP hellcats with a single clip. After the nerf alot of people complained and there were less hellcats. Eventually the MT-25 was nerfed as well, having it's 37mm cannon removed (despite the fact after 2000 battles I only meet three enemy MT-25 which used the same cannon, and everybody tought it was a shitty one) that nerf maded me almost quit World of tanks completely...
My fear it's that alot of se... err, Bogue captain players would complain about how useless are their setup now vs Zuiho ones and then WG would decide to nerf the Zuiho, even in ways that people doesn't really expects to (but surely it will to me).

So... This threat it's to support all those which misses the old AS Bogue setup and to stop these stupid answers of "you only liked that setup because you could ROLF stomp Zuihos with that". Well, here it's a Zuiho captain which really misses the old AS setup.

In the end I will say it again: Return the old AS Setup!! (not only of the Bogue, but also of all carriers, hell, I even have a Lexington of my own which I used as AS setup as well).

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,562 posts
20,716 battles

I agree, please bring back USN AS setups so I can have an easier time outplaying them.

• Cool 2

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.
  • Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Wait what?

Isn't Bogue AS the ultimate in no brains gaming?

Since it has no strafe, two fighter squads and 1 DB with the only command available being a right click?

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,247 battles
1 hour ago, Sargento_YO said:

The most useful setup was the 2-0-1 AS setup.

If this is the most useful setup you know balancing was completely broken on it.

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

[...] The most useful setup was the 2-0-1 AS setup. (Hell, the 1-1-0 was pretty useful too, those dive RNG dependant dive bombers are useless)

[...]

Now, the Bogue with 1-1-1 setup it's worthless [...]

Am I the only who is getting dizzy trying to understand that logic?

(No, I will not comment on the former no-brain-click-here-AS-loadout of the Bogue)

• Cool 10

[SHAFT]
Players
11,699 posts
9,731 battles

That setup was the best to protect your team from the enemy carrier

Which was only in the game because of you playing a CV. Thats why i never understood the logic of playing AS with CVs.. Counter someone who is only there because u decided to play CV (atleast on lower tiers its definetely true), but basicly incapable of dealing any meaningful damage. Which got ofc worse after they removed manual drop/attack from lowtiers, because after that the DBs chance of hit was even more random.

To sum up that post:

2-0-1 Bogue was awesome. In that setup the DB was not utter garbage ?!

1-1-0 was pretty useful because no DBs.

1-1-1 is utter garbage because the DBs are so bad.

Im going with @Egoleter on this one, where is the logic :cap_hmm:

Beta Tester
742 posts
1,694 battles
11 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Am I the only who is getting dizzy trying to understand that logic?

(No, I will not comment on the former no-brain-click-here-AS-loadout of the Bogue)

I'm speculating but I think he refers to the reduction of backup aircraft taken up by the additional wing of dive bombers

if memory serves with the 1-1-0 setup you had a full reserve squadron + 2 extra torpedo bombers with the Bogue refit, which I suppose was useful in PvE games

[SHAFT]
Players
11,699 posts
9,731 battles
1 minute ago, Mymeara said:

I'm speculating but I think he refers to the reduction of backup aircraft taken up by the additional wing of dive bombers

if memory serves with the 1-1-0 setup you had a full reserve squadron + 2 extra torpedo bombers with the Bogue refit

Even then its not really an arguement? Atleast u have the possibility to get DoT on a target. Without Manual drop the Torps could be evaded by a monkey (yes, many WoW Players seem to be as... am i allowed to say it? weil u know what i meant :cap_haloween:) atleast to a degree that only one hits u. And thats considering BBs. Cruisers and DDs can totaly evade those Torps.

If u are in T4 MM the AA is awful, so getting DoTs on target shouldnt be too hard.

If u are in T7 MM well then u are screwed, but CVs mostly are when they face +2 MM...

[RN]
Alpha Tester
921 posts

i also enjoyed AS on some CVs because it added that factor of randomnes. you could use your full strike setup and face AS guy on the other end or vice versa.

CVs are dullest ship type in the game because they havent been inced in the game properly.

1 fighter group on US CVs is not enough because if you decide to go bomber hunting with them they get either caught in combat and you have to exit strafe or gets eaten by the 2nd flight of the IJN CVs fighters. and if you want to get rid of those fighters enemy cv gets his bombers tru your perimeter and in the end you are screwed both times and ways.

if ijn cvs flaovr is strike they shouldnt have more fighter groups in the air as usn cv

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,897 battles
4 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

Nowadays I find way too easy to defeat a Bogue in my Zuiho. I don't get that Thrill anymore.

Just stop sealclubbing and play a real carrier if Tier 5 is too easy for you :cap_happy:

This threat it's to support all those which misses the old AS Bogue setup

Who are you threatening? :Smile_trollface: There is no sane person who wants it back.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,113 battles
2 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

without fully reading the theme first

I'd call that a smart move in the interest of preserving one's sanity...

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
48 minutes ago, indycar said:

1 fighter group on US CVs is not enough because if you decide to go bomber hunting with them they get either caught in combat and you have to exit strafe or gets eaten by the 2nd flight of the IJN CVs fighters. and if you want to get rid of those fighters enemy cv gets his bombers tru your perimeter and in the end you are screwed both times and ways.

WG's USN CV "vision" up until Essex is basically the 1/1/1 with better strike ability. (e.g add a DB so it's 1/1/2).

The same problem with 1/1/1 rears it's head now in that your single fighter group is entirely defensive in nature unless the entire team has some epic AA. Because of this I feel the IJN CV will always have the initiative on you as in they can start attacks on you but you can't really do the same in return in case he's got extra strike groups hanging around somewhere. This is probably felt most at T7 and T8 where its 1/1/2 vs 2/2/2 of the IJN. Sure the single fighter group will shred IJN planes but they've got to actually be there in the first place. 

Now factor the above with the fact lots of Random Battle teams simply don't stay together for AA cover and you've got a bit of a situation on your hands. I'm always getting abuse from potatoes in my Lex because I'm not giving them any AA even though my fighters run themselves out of ammo whilst strafing anything flying and red available, I'm also bombing constantly but a Shokaku will simply out punch you even if you blunt his strike planes. All he has to do is split them up and the losses are acceptable. By the time the enemy IJN CV runs out of planes you've lost. 

Obviously an IJN player who can select targets and micro all 6+ of his groups independently without taking heavy losses is a very good player, I can't do it anyway. Which is the main point for me: USN CVs feel like easy mode, they're easy to play and be fairly effective but they've got a low skill ceiling. IJN CVs have a high skill floor and will burn potatoes but they can accomplish things USN CVs can only dream of in the right hands. 

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,632 posts
13,570 battles

Seems that some of the replies were done without fully reading the th meme first

ftfy

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
12 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

...You know, since the patch Bogue (and all other USN carriers) lost their hability to change air setups. The most useful setup was the 2-0-1 AS setup...

...Please WG, return the AS Bogue setup back!!!! It's crap now!!!...

...Now, by this time anyone would probably check my stats to check...

I did check your stats, so I am interested...so questions.

You found the most useful setup to countering your game play was the 2-0-1; which I believe, as it seems logical.  So perhaps in games against you that would be the best choice for the opposing CV to make, but what about in all the other games, where they face different players?  Against you 2-0-1 might be the best, but in a majority of games might not a different setup be better?

Players
1,423 posts
8,827 battles
19 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Who are you threatening? :Smile_trollface: There is no sane person who wants it back.

Sorry about my english, and you probably guessed by know english it's not my native language.

Players
1,423 posts
8,827 battles
11 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

I did check your stats, so I am interested...so questions.

You found the most useful setup to countering your game play was the 2-0-1; which I believe, as it seems logical.  So perhaps in games against you that would be the best choice for the opposing CV to make, but what about in all the other games, where they face different players?  Against you 2-0-1 might be the best, but in a majority of games might not a different setup be better?

Sorry but I didn't understood your question. I guess you re asking "in your Zuiho you can counter 2-0-1 but what about the others setup?" Well, the same tactic (max aa + going to the front line) works against any carrier. The two only moments where the tactic fails it's when the team doesn't protects me (say... EVERYBODY going to the corner of the map. And believe me, that happened a couple of times) and several ships comes at the same time, or the two enemy carriers attacks me at the same time with ALL their planes.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

AS Bogue was probably the most useless ship in the entire game. Everyone who played that should have been blocked to coop only ..

• Cool 2

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
56 minutes ago, Corvi said:

AS Bogue was probably the most useless ship in the entire game. Everyone who played that should have been blocked to coop only ..

you have been chat banned. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[RN]
Alpha Tester
921 posts
On 12/6/2017 at 11:58 PM, Corvi said:

how was it useless. when i tested it ive cleared skies if i was against any IJN setup or any US strike formation

Players
2,446 posts
9 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

And what use does the clear sky have? Shooting down planes does not give your team any points or caps.

But doesn't it remove the threat of enemy aircraft?

It stops your team mates constantly looking for aircraft and concentrate on blasting their enemies to scrap.