You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grandorf

Help with Fiji

17 comments in this topic

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
10,089 battles

Hi

New day new problems.

Im gonna do something that no one has done.

Expose my bad games. Why? You tell me.

I liked Fiji but today I have lost 7 games out of 9 in Fiji.

Why? Is it me? The team? Or something more sinister. 

Hope you overlook that 1 game where i get torped very very early.

20171205_170357_PBSC107-Fiji_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

20171205_172245_PBSC107-Fiji_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

20171205_173937_PBSC107-Fiji_22_tierra_del_fuego.wowsreplay

20171205_175637_PBSC107-Fiji_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

20171205_182631_PBSC107-Fiji_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay

20171205_185611_PBSC107-Fiji_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

20171205_192357_PBSC107-Fiji_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay

Beta Tester
5,439 posts
21,919 battles
3 hours ago, Grandorf said:

The team?

I never ever watch any replays, but I can assure You, it's always the team's fault whenever You (or anyone else) face a bad day in a RN Cruiser...

:Smile_hiding:

Players
2,247 posts
4,794 battles

You think you had it bad?

Check out my thread from 4 months back. (don't comment on it though, we don't need any thread necros today)

Everyone has off-days, just gotta slug on and hope for the best.

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
10,089 battles
50 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

You think you had it bad?

Check out my thread from 4 months back. (don't comment on it though, we don't need any thread necros today)

Everyone has off-days, just gotta slug on and hope for the best.

Sigh, you start second guessing your choices on days like this. 

Unfortunately I have premium time and looking forward to the 

holiday offers.

Otherwise its tempting to go back to AW. 

P.s. Played 3 more games in Fiji, lost all 3.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,804 posts
9,751 battles

Ive only watched the first one, so ill comment based on that. (Btw still feels weird with that insane zoom on the camera. The DD 7km aways feels like its 14km away :cap_wander_2:)

U shoot way too often after the enemy is already undetected. This is bad because of many reasons:

The enemy is constantly reminded that u are there even when they not see u. They can see where u are shooting from (bad when a DD is near because he knows where to throw his torps when u sit in the smoke)

U might suddenly be detected when the closest enemy is 15km away (It might have been the Emerald spotting u when u returned to the base, i didnt check that, but it might have been) Once again the DDs knew u were coming for them.

When u were in the base switchting between Akatsuki and Gnevny, should have stayed with Akatsuki because he was broadside even turning towards u. U should have used Hydro at some point and try to get closer to them.

After u killed the Akatsuki in the base: WORST possible move u could do. The only chance where he could have torped and u went back in there. Always assume that they WILL torp when they are about to die, because we see what can happen. Getting behind the island would have saved you.

Also shooting at the bow on New Mexico was not smart. U dont do damage to a BB at that angle and range. It only allowed the DDs to see u and shoot u from smoke. U dont have to shoot all the time. Try to elude the enemy, when u are detected go one direction. when u are undetected change course to what they wouldnt expect to get the surprise moment on your side. When u dont shoot and a DD sits in his smoke, u gotta rush him. U have hydro, u spot at him at 4+km. Then he is dead meat to a RN Cruiser. If he panics and leaves his smoke before, u will know because he can spot u (in case u are not spotting him) Always pay attention to who might spot u and when.

I could upload a Fiji vid from myself, but thatll take sometime (also its most likely older version patch, so its not that much useful because of the smoke change) Optional i have a Neptune vid from recent patch after smoke change, which might help u more?

Beta Tester
2,118 posts
12,590 battles
5 hours ago, Grandorf said:

Hi

New day new problems.

Im gonna do something that no one has done.

Expose my bad games. Why? You tell me.

I liked Fiji but today I have lost 7 games out of 9 in Fiji.

Why? Is it me? The team? Or something more sinister. 

Hope you overlook that 1 game where i get torped very very early.

20171205_170357_PBSC107-Fiji_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

20171205_172245_PBSC107-Fiji_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

20171205_173937_PBSC107-Fiji_22_tierra_del_fuego.wowsreplay

20171205_175637_PBSC107-Fiji_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

20171205_182631_PBSC107-Fiji_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay

20171205_185611_PBSC107-Fiji_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

20171205_192357_PBSC107-Fiji_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay

Having looked at some of the replays I made these observations:

You need to get the Concealment Expert captain skill ASAP as that skill is the single most important captain skill for all Royal Navy cruisers, without it you will be spotted too early which increases you average engagement range to the outer edge of the main battery's effective range. With CE your detection range will be 9.8km instead of the 11.2km you are sporting now.

Do not park broadside on when you don't have anyone spotting for you between your position and the enemy as that gets you killed by torps you spot too late or multi citadels. 

Deploy your smoke before you get spotted and before you start to shoot and if you know you are within range of enemy torpedoes activate the Hydro Acoustic Sonar.

You tend to place the ship in situations where you either get stuck or can't exit your positon fast so you end up dying in place without doing much. The Fiji is a very strong ship and in situations where you face inferior enemy ships be aggresive and dominate them especially when your friendly DDs are already engaged with them. Also run away when facing superior enemy forces, do not stay in place and die for nothing trying in vain to help a single DD.

Play the ship as you own the seas as the ship's "body language" will immediately be picked up by the enemy; play too passive or timid and the enemy will know that if they push you they will win, play the right amount of aggresive and determined attitude and quite a lot of time you will be able to dominate the enemy as they will instinctively pick up that you are a competent and confident player that knows exactly how to kick their arses.

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,636 posts
13,611 battles
4 hours ago, Grandorf said:

Watched the first two. Two times standard battle surely sux.

In both games I noticed you don't use hydro that easily. That could have saved your life in the first game. You should do that automatically if there are dds that close.

In the second game you might have shown a lack of map awareness, because one (or both? - looked replays ad triple speed) red dds were spotted quite close to you, so again hydro should have been online and you would have to be prepared to be proxyspotted (or whatever we can call the being spotted in smoke because red is close enough), at which time you should either get closer to the island to avoid shells or ready to flee.

The other guys gave good advice as well. I don't really know how you don't have CE yet, and, indeed, stop shooting when enemy isn't spotted :)

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
10,089 battles

Thank you DFens_666 and G01ngToxicCommand0 

I was afraid of a multitude of shitposts and how bad my stats are. 

I have 400 games in Emile and I land almost every salvo. 

That might be a problem, Emile is hardwired into my brain. 

Hmm, changed sight today. Damn I hate the narrow 3rd person 

view in vanilla. Obviously i have to do something about the sight. 

Seems I play Fiji like a DD... 

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
10,089 battles
3 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Watched the first two. Two times standard battle surely sux.

In both games I noticed you don't use hydro that easily. That could have saved your life in the first game. You should do that automatically if there are dds that close.

In the second game you might have shown a lack of map awareness, because one (or both? - looked replays ad triple speed) red dds were spotted quite close to you, so again hydro should have been online and you would have to be prepared to be proxyspotted (or whatever we can call the being spotted in smoke because red is close enough), at which time you should either get closer to the island to avoid shells or ready to flee.

The other guys gave good advice as well. I don't really know how you don't have CE yet, and, indeed, stop shooting when enemy isn't spotted :)

Yep, I liked Fiji so much in the beginning, everything went smoothly. 

Then something happened and I can now see that my damage rate has gone down a lot.

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
10,089 battles

By the way.

Funny that you all mentioned CE 

You have probably seen my post:

Guess i simply have to take the advice of better knowing players   :)

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,636 posts
13,611 battles
Just now, Grandorf said:

By the way.

Funny that you all mentioned CE 

You have probably seen my post:

Guess i simply have to take the advice of better knowing players   :)

Ah that was you. Yea, CE isn't overrated. There.

Beta Tester
2,118 posts
12,590 battles
7 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

Thank you DFens_666 and G01ngToxicCommand0 

I have 400 games in Emile and I land almost every salvo. 

That might be a problem, Emile is hardwired into my brain. 

Hmm, changed sight today. Damn I hate the narrow 3rd person 

view in vanilla. Obviously i have to do something about the sight. 

Seems I play Fiji like a DD... 

No worries, you ask for advice and you will get it:cap_cool:

Because of you I had to play the Fiji and here is my replay plus end screens if you want to use those as inspiration :cap_tea::

Replay: 20171205_230757_PBSC107-Fiji_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

shot-17_12.05_23_24.08-0880.thumb.jpg.504039c11ab023024a948dbaa63f44df.jpgshot-17_12.05_23_24.15-0229.thumb.jpg.3562b1657731531158c16692fcf7f9d7.jpgshot-17_12.05_23_24.19-0879.thumb.jpg.1d6537fbf67539016e68000a161ea632.jpgshot-17_12.05_23_24_24-0318.thumb.jpg.b3ce46fee903435b235b2da38574ab7b.jpg

[TACHA]
Players
240 posts
10,089 battles

G01ngToxicCommand0 

Watched that replay. Like a walk in the park. 

You really use that hydro in places i would never think of. 

I dont even have premium hydro on Emile or Bismarck (Im cheap). 

You moved a lot more, I tend to just sit in smoke like a damn fisherman. 

Im way too passive in Fiji, thats why Im finding myself alone with 5 guns 

pointing at me when the smoke clears.

Beta Tester
2,118 posts
12,590 battles
1 minute ago, Grandorf said:

G01ngToxicCommand0 

Watched that replay. Like a walk in the park. 

You really use that hydro in places i would never think of. 

I dont even have premium hydro on Emile or Bismarck (Im cheap). 

You moved a lot more, I tend to just sit in smoke like a damn fisherman. 

It takes a while to pick up the habit of moving when required to. With the Fiji it is al about thinking 3-5 minutes ahead on where you want or need to be in order to influence the battle the most and that takes quite a lot of practice to learn how to read the map and the tactical situation. It is a completely different playstyle than the french cruisers, which are awesome bordering to OP IMHO, and you must play far more opportunistic in the Fiji. If you want to you can always join my clan as we are a "P4Fun" clan which only play divisions so no pressure to be online every single day of the week for clan battles.

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
41 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

[...]

[...]

You'll find that most people on here don't care about your stats. When asking for help, a lot of people will be more than happy to share their knowledge and experience. And give tips and insights. 

The only time I see people's stats get thrown into their face is when someone is acting like an authority or pretending they know better than the rest. 

Players
7,133 posts
11,531 battles
48 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

Already before you smoke up, you need to think: How do I get out of this position when sh!t hits the fan? Also, during the smoke, you can move back and forth, so that you can by the end accelerate into the desired direction. Its pretty much this:

42 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

With the Fiji it is al about thinking 3-5 minutes ahead on where you want or need to be

Watch the minimap as often as possible. Keep track of the enemy DDs, they are really your enemy Number 1. They can hurt you bad with torps and they can spot you, so that the enemy team can hurt you. Control the DDs and you have it much easier.

[SLAPP]
Players
1,437 posts
9,091 battles
2 hours ago, Grandorf said:

1 hour ago, stewie533 said:

ou'll find that most people on here don't care about your stats. When asking for help, a lot of people will be more than happy to share their knowledge and experience. And give tips and insights. 

The only time I see people's stats get thrown into their face is when someone is acting like an authority or pretending they know better than the rest.

this basicly.

And RN cruisers are pretty hard to play right. so noone will hold it against u :D