You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MiniBrit

Deep Water Torps for IJN CVs

51 comments in this topic

[TPG]
Players
63 posts
10,465 battles

Hi all! o7

Now that the USN CVs have got AP Bombs which have proven to be very effective and competitive when it comes to loadout choices, I have been asking myself why the japanese line does not get something like that?

Here is what I propose:

Deep water torpedoes as an optional loadout.

Pros:

Pad damage stats and WTR (the only metric for skill you need)

More BB Dev strikes for YT compilations

Inadvertently hurt cruisers more (similar to AP bombs)

Forces you to not drop DDs so you dont have to feel guilty about being a crap CV player who farms dmg instead of killing the ships that matter

Revive tier 8-10 CV sniping now that there is one shot potential (a brilliant and deeply (lol pardon the pun bois) missed part of CV gameplay)

Cons:

Makes HE bombs redundant, so WG pls add AP bombs to IJN loadout too thanks

Planes have to fly lower to drop the torpedos lower in the sea so they will get hurt more by AA yes this is how it works trust me

Other than that, none.

Please do this before fixing the broken UI, AA creep or any of the issues CVs whine about for no reason at all (spoilt brats)

Yours truly,

MiniBrit <3

• Cool 5

[CAIN]
Players
3,651 posts
14,384 battles

To much effort to fix a issue that can be dealt with be putting CVs into their own game mode or allow players to choose whether they wanna see CVs or not.

All problems solved!

• Cool 5

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,888 posts
7,324 battles

How about no.

Farm damage ? Who cares ? I want to win. Removing IJN CV ability to kill DD is basically the same as telling player to sell them all and go to USN CV. They have stronger planes, stronger HE bombs (while IJN ones are just a joke only useful to set some fires after DCP), and their torpedoes are already more powerful though with less planes, apart from Midway.

That's just a stupid idea. CV doesn't need any more nerfs.

I know this post is probably a huge troll, but I still need to post this.

Btw, I took the opportunity to rant about those new USN CV's AP bombs : GREAT JOB WG making them as powerful as HE bomb but less effective (no fire) but giving them the ability to nuke CA instead. High-tier CA cleaaaarly needed some more opponent to nuke them.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Fail suggestion.

You do realise that DWT for a CV only harms their strike ability? Part of DWTs power is that they aren't easily spotted, that's rendered useless when they're dropped from planes.

Being able to drop DDs with a CV is a fairly skillful thing. 

I get that WG probably want to nerf anything with a Rising Sun flag and chrysanthemum crest into the dirt but there's no need to encourage them to go faster.

• Cool 2

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

actually i would like to see dwt on all cv just so they cant kill dds so easily and so they would become more anti bb weapon. but i know wg and that they would fail in balancing this and would just put more AA on BB cause they would be more targeted...

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,918 posts
10,304 battles
8 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Fail suggestion.

You do realise that DWT for a CV only harms their strike ability? Part of DWTs power is that they aren't easily spotted, that's rendered useless when they're dropped from planes.

Being able to drop DDs with a CV is a fairly skillful thing. 

I get that WG probably want to nerf anything with a Rising Sun flag and chrysanthemum crest into the dirt but there's no need to encourage them to go faster.

Pretty much this.
DW torps on CVs is a mindless use of a buzzword.

Also, WG doesn't hate every IJN ship, only IJN DDs and premium IJN BBs.
Man, they hate those two thing with a passion. You can almost picture a dev in the game balance department with a picture of Tsushima on his desk, tears in his eyes.

• Cool 4

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,792 posts
6,436 battles
29 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

You can almost picture a dev in the game balance department with a picture of Tsushima on his desk, tears in his eyes.

He did smile when the Mikasa was added though.... ;)

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,482 posts
17,746 battles

Guys...

Considering the ridiculousness of some of the things he says, I'm sure he's not serious.

Right?

RIGHT?

You better be.

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Players
1,772 posts
3,382 battles

IJN DW torps , what a wonderful idea comrade. :Smile_playing:

And while we are at it lets give IJN bombers Barnes Wallis style bouncing bombs, can be used against BB's and cruisers but will bounce over DD's. :Smile_trollface: 

• Cool 3

[DREAD]
Players
8,057 posts
6,015 battles

"Xaxaxaxaxa!!! Evil stronk Carriers need to disappear! Give them bad torps and call it a buff."

@OP: while I like your sense of humour I am afraid WG could take this serious....

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,941 posts
463 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

To much effort to fix a issue that can be dealt with be putting CVs into their own game mode or allow players to choose whether they wanna see CVs or not.

All problems solved!

No and no. 

Cvs are only thing that brings some kind of skill to this game. 

Removing CVS would dumb this game to Farmville level. 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
3 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

(...)

2 hours ago, Negativvv said:

(...)

2 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

(...)

Guys. I really respect you all, but, seriously, has any of you actually read the post, especially the "pros" like "Forces you to not drop DDs so you dont have to feel guilty about being a crap CV player who farms dmg instead of killing the ships that matter" or the closing statement of "Please do this before fixing the broken UI, AA creep or any of the issues CVs whine about for no reason at all (spoilt brats) "?

Guys.

9nohQh4.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,997 posts
22,265 battles
3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

All problems solved!

Best solution. CVs were already excluded from CW for being broken.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,941 posts
463 battles
13 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Best solution. CVs were already excluded from CW for being broken.

they were excluded not for been broken but for been to complexed for average WOWS player....many many wot players switched to wows and this game went to crapper......average IQ of wows player now is BRAINDEAD and WG is removing last bastions of skill in this game like angling or need for teamplay

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
8,110 battles

Torps that allow you to hit less targets are supposed to be better how exactly?

IJN CVs are great at dropping & taking out DDs, this would just remove that option completely. So - NO.

Players
2,460 posts
11,881 battles
9 minutes ago, veslingr said:

many many wot players switched to wows and this game went to crapper

That would certainly explain the ridiculous amount of "peakaboo'ing" (spelling?) I have been seeing for a while.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,918 posts
10,304 battles
38 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Guys.

9nohQh4.jpg

I call it a mix of 6 hour night, 12 hour shift, and seeing the worst of the worst in terms of suggestions on these forums for the past 2 years :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,997 posts
22,265 battles
31 minutes ago, veslingr said:

they were excluded not for been broken but for been to complexed for average WOWS player....many many wot players switched to wows and this game went to crapper......average IQ of wows player now is BRAINDEAD and WG is removing last bastions of skill in this game like angling or need for teamplay

Dude they are broken. In WoT they limited arty to 3 per team, while in WoWs high tier carriers were limited to 1 per team. That says it all.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,941 posts
463 battles
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

Dude they are broken. In WoT they limited arty to 3 per team, while in WoWs high tier carriers were limited to 1 per team. That says it all.

i have really no idea why compare arty with CV....if you compare Yammato and arty i would get it.....but cv and  arty.....no idea why

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,918 posts
10,304 battles
22 minutes ago, 22cm said:

WoT also has 15 player per team, so having 3/15 tanks that can'( attack isn't as serious as having 3/12 ships that can't attack.

WoT also has smaller maps, where it can only take a minute with a reasonably fast tank to get from one side of the map to the other, unless there's a huge hill you need to climb, meaning that having those 4/5th of all the tanks in a match more likely to fight, whereas 3/4th of all ships on larger maps, and less chances for them to meet would make matches more empty.

Lastly, having 3 CV per side would make the skies completely full of planes. Unmanageable from a micromanage point of view.

So no, CVs being more limited than WoT's arty is utterly meaningless.

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,888 posts
7,324 battles

Look, I know it was bait.

But I still had to say no. Because I'm afraid WG might take taht seriously.

• Cool 1