You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Salentine

Vampire mission is up

55 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
Players
3,107 posts
14,758 battles

Hey Shipmates, the HMS Vampire missions are out...

stage 1 destroy 20 ships

stage 2 win 7 battles

stage 3 25k XP

stage 4 750k damage

in random, ranked, co-op and scenarios...

end date 20.12

• Cool 8

Players
456 posts
10,309 battles

Also in the shop with a half decent bundle. I'm tempted . . .  sorely. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,680 posts
45,017 battles
4 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

Also in the shop with a half decent bundle. I'm tempted . . .  sorely. 

Well one gets a 6p capatain and a ship with the final mission so it depends on the time, at least with some higher tier ships that can produce damage it is not a tough grind, if you can play at least a few games /day.

Players
456 posts
10,309 battles
3 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Well one gets a 6p capatain and a ship with the final mission so it depends on the time, at least with some higher tier ships that can produce damage it is not a tough grind, if you can play at least a few games /day.

Mostly I was meaning the 14 days premium and the special flag and doubloons. But I take your point.

Oh, and I weakened and got it. Sometimes I hate my weaakness

• Cool 1

Players
456 posts
10,309 battles
3 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Is it any good? The Dracula? :cap_hmm:

It has the white ensign. Does it need to be good as well?

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,504 battles

A white Engine? @The_Tyke Woah! :Smile_ohmy: Totally Awesome!

Maybe I will try to grind it then... Always been the best way to get Premium ships for me. Because I'm too da*n cheap to buy any, hhehehe!:Smile_amazed:

Well OK, I did buy Mikasa but to my defence I was drunk and it seemed like a good idea at the time... :cap_tea:

Players
38 posts
478 battles

Does anyone have the picture of the custom flag?

And if you buy the ship can you still do the mission? what do you get than? extra doubloons and a extra captain?

Players
456 posts
10,309 battles
21 minutes ago, Kirmin said:

And if you buy the ship can you still do the mission? what do you get than? extra doubloons and a extra captain?

I guess you get the cost of the ship back in doubloons. Isn't that how it normally goes? It did for me with Graf Spee

Can't see any pics of the flag anywhere. Hard to describe it. It is the flag of St George with a crown in the middle (as far as I can tell) and under the crown a small blue area with what looks like two crossed flags. But no doubt I got that wrong, and someone with more Google skillz than me will unearth a pic. I did try for a screenshot, but failed.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,790 posts
1 minute ago, The_Tyke said:

I guess you get the cost of the ship back in doubloons. Isn't that how it normally goes?

No. The usual way is: When you buy a ship in the shop and afterwards fullfill a mission to earn this ship, then you will be compensated with credits. Only if you buy a ship in the premium shop that you already own at this time, then you will get doubloons. So you should do the missions first and then buy the bundle in the shop...

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,061 posts
13,918 battles
29 minutes ago, Kirmin said:

I found this web page with a bunch of custom flags for upcoming ships.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/10/19/new-flags-0-6-12-wows/

Maybe The_Tyke can confirm that the one shown is the one they described?

Players
456 posts
10,309 battles
7 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I found this web page with a bunch of custom flags for upcoming ships.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/10/19/new-flags-0-6-12-wows/

Maybe The_Tyke can confirm that the one shown is the one they described?

Indeed sir, well searched :)

That is the one

[CAIN]
Players
4,822 posts
20,062 battles
3 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I want that Pigeon Flag! How to get it? :Smile_smile:

Play on NA? :Smile_hiding:

I want that Tirpitz flag - without having to buy an overbloated ridiculously overpriced rip-off bundle!

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,143 posts
23,504 battles

Awesome! Thanks Mösjöö General @BrusilovX Deeply indebted. I hereby promote you to the honorary rank of a "Most Useful Mammal". Live long and prosper, good Sir :Smile_honoring:

[CAIN]
Players
4,822 posts
20,062 battles

All you have to do to get one, is play on NA, and become friends with Bird of War. :Smile_Default:

Players
38 posts
478 battles

Thx guys. I want that Tirpitz flag too.

Does anyone know what happens with the mission if you buy the Vampire? you still get the captain and doubloons for Vampire?

[BONI]
Players
1,259 posts
12,229 battles

You know what I want more than the ship? That image with the bat in 1366x768 as my wallpaper. Please make this a thing WG.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,082 posts
11,403 battles

Was going to buy this then wondered why it wasn't obvious from the premium shop page that she was Royal Navy.  Then I thought "Commonwealth?" to myself and sure enough.  So No money spent.  If I can't use my 19 point RN DD commander in her what is the point?

I'll grind instead.

Alpha Tester
3,090 posts
12,188 battles

Can someone please tell me why exactly these flags are important? And no, please don't mention the 'collector' aspect, I've come to realise this is a moot point, a self-justification to collect pixels of virtual items - like paying a premium price to scoop air from around you into your hands and assigning it some form of future value.

I'd be fully onboard if WG decided to start giving some of the unique flags certain limited abilities like the alpha flag has. It's only then they become marginal useful, but to pay money so only you can look at them in your port and on your ship (because frankly I never look at anyone's mounted flags -I simply cannot care less) is silly IMHO. Help me understand, as objectively as you can, why there is so much school boy hype around collecting unique flags...please?

• Cool 3