Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luggy62

carrier limiting

46 comments in this topic

Players
29 posts
11,092 battles

carriers should always be  seen on the map (also minimap) so that they can be detected and chased from the start of the game,

reason; carriers are cowardly killers, they attack without any concern to their own safety, all other vessels take a risk in shooting or using torps , but carriers are pure  aim and kill!

also carriers shoul be limited to attacking one target wit may 2 waves of aircraft,  

reason ; a carrier sends out his force against one ship, and instantly destroys that target, even if that target has all the aa he can get ! this is ruining the game, where is the ability to defend yourself ?  battleships will be hit nearly 100 %  and generally die, do we have to download cheats to be able to play fair ???

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,431 posts
9,091 battles

no lol cvs should not be seen on the map. would have more ppl hunting the cv and the cv would always be on the back line away from his fleet then. promotes bad gameplay more then it does good.

also: post limiting would be an option as well :P 

ALso also: cvs used to be way better Imagine that.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,138 posts
11,202 battles

CV battles played : 0
Number of identical threads opened at once : 4

And no one was surprised.

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
1,026 posts
16,481 battles

I bet people on Yamato/Musashi in WWII also complained a lot, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Prince of Whales...

[CATS]
Players
28,799 posts
15,093 battles

Someone is not aware that planes ARE PART OF THE CARRIER.

They come quite close and can be shot down. Without planes a carrier is helpless.

Or in other words: You do not need to sink a carrier to defeat a carrier.

Edit:

Over 6000 games and he is still missing the basics...

• Cool 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles

Complains CV are cowardly killers

Plays 6000 games with average tier of 4.5 inc 628 in isokaze.

Ironic to complain that something must be done about cowardly play while bringing a 19pt captain repeatedly against new players

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
243 posts
8,350 battles

Surprise surprise, not a single game in carriers.

"Grass is always greener on the other side."

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,716 battles
1 hour ago, Azalgor said:

I bet people on Yamato/Musashi in WWII also complained a lot, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Prince of Whales...

Tirpitz and Prince were sunk by land based planes thogh...

OP:

Your Aware that a CVs planes are its HP? the ship is only there for a alternate way to kill it....so its risking its atack ability with every Action it does....

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,731 battles
1 hour ago, luggy62 said:

carriers should always be  seen on the map (also minimap) so that they can be detected and chased from the start of the game,

reason; carriers are cowardly killers, they attack without any concern to their own safety, all other vessels take a risk in shooting or using torps , but carriers are pure  aim and kill!

also carriers shoul be limited to attacking one target wit may 2 waves of aircraft,  

reason ; a carrier sends out his force against one ship, and instantly destroys that target, even if that target has all the aa he can get ! this is ruining the game, where is the ability to defend yourself ?  battleships will be hit nearly 100 %  and generally die, do we have to download cheats to be able to play fair ???

Carriers are (or were) the last, true skillbased class in this game. They are only powerfull in skilled hands or against lowskilled targets.

WASD hax are usually all it takes, even for a BB, to avoid most, if not all incoming damage from a carrier. CV planes can be seen from far away, so, if you consider yourself under attack, simply prepare for it by using WASD hax.

Ofc, WASD hax is not required for sealclubbing...but it can only help to get used to them sooner or later...

Before CVs need to be permanently visible on the map, DDs and their wall of skills need to become visible for everyone... don´t you agree?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,551 posts
20,712 battles

where is the ability to defend yourself ?

- get an AA cruiser

- pick DFAA

- wait until CV planes are close

- use DFAA

- watch as all planes get killed

Alternatively:

Stick with a cruiser that has DFAA.

But I really like the idea. Please let them chase me so I can pick them off one by one.

I can farm some potential damage this way, too.

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,382 posts
14,909 battles

After this weekend, I feel there aren't enough carriers in the game!

I was doing the USA BB mission (prompted in part by people's forum answers apropos the point of BBs), and every game in the Texas - you guessed it - not a CV in sight...!

• Cool 1

Players
767 posts
5,012 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

After this weekend, I feel there aren't enough carriers in the game!

I was doing the USA BB mission (prompted in part by people's forum answers apropos the point of BBs), and every game in the Texas - you guessed it - not a CV in sight...!

well all mustve beein in tier 8+ Murican CVs trying out the new AP bombs and making German BB players lives miserable. speaking of which, I did the BB challenge (Get 3 citadels) in Minekaze (got 10) how? well yknow how weak the Kuma class boilers are n stuff and close range shenanigans 

• Cool 1

Players
1,064 posts
4,944 battles

where is the ability to defend yourself ? 

Each day, many loving, adaptable cruisers are abandoned by their BBs. Those cruisers are helpless without their BBs and face brutal, quick death.

Say NO to cruiser abandonment. Stick with your cruisers. They will never let you down.

basset-hound.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
2 hours ago, luggy62 said:

1.  In a DD, you should not be chasing CV at the start of the game... let alone in a cruiser or battleship

2.  CV risk their planes when they attack; and aircraft are the heart of CV play. 

3. If you are constantly being taken out by CVs, then this is an issue with your game play.  I am not saying that very good CV can't ruin your day, but how often do you face very good CV players?

The truth is... when you have a CV in your game you must alter how you play.  Find the adjustment you need to make to minimize an opposing CV effect on your ship.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this