Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

14 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
4,805 posts
20,033 battles

So, the Ashitaka is out.

Three bundles with that kobayashi maru camo...but none with commemorative flag?

Did your artists run out of color in photoshop? ^^

Is this an oversight? Or will we see more premiums without flag in the top bundle? What's up Wargaming?

Can our resdient overlords @MrConway, @Tuccyand overladys @Kandly enlighten us?

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

WG didn't actually think anyone would actually buy such an under powered ship so didn't include a flag :Smile_teethhappy:

Although I've seen one in battle...

Saw Tuccy get farmed in an Aoba last night too, I wanted to focus him but a Fuso 1 shotted him back to port. Rest of the enemy team remembered it was the weekend so didn't contest any caps properly.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Players
353 posts
9,243 battles

I really hope people don´t buy these boring stock clones. I`m sure WG you can make some more interesting premiums for the IJN cough cough.

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 minutes ago, Aschwell said:

I really hope people don´t buy these boring stock clones. I`m sure WG you can make some more interesting premiums for the IJN cough cough.

But they are interesting!

Look at USN Prem BB, Arizona, Alabama and Missouri are all clearly p2w stronger versions of their tech tree counter parts.

Mutsu, Kii and Ashitaka are either Hull A downgrades or sidesteps...

:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Players
353 posts
9,243 battles
1 minute ago, Negativvv said:

Look at USN Prem BB, Arizona, Alabama and Missouri are all clearly p2w stronger versions of their tech tree counter parts.

Yes sure if you look it that way :Smile_trollface: But I think more, you pay same price, get less/worse then American counterparts in this example. I have all Americans you mentioned and the only one OP would in that case be Missouri.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
8 hours ago, Aschwell said:

Yes sure if you look it that way :Smile_trollface: But I think more, you pay same price, get less/worse then American counterparts in this example. I have all Americans you mentioned and the only one OP would in that case be Missouri.

I bought Mutsu as 16" guns can be funny in T6 MM, although Warspite does the high calibre mid tier BB thing better. 

Arizona is way better than an NM, better guns and armour.

Alabama is debatable but she's smaller than an NC and has an insane torp belt. Although Missouri makes any other USN BB from T8 onwards pointless, might as well stop grinding after Colorado and just Money Missouri farm. 

I can't see why anyone other than a collector would get Ashitaka unless they love T7 MM, surely dumping Free XP on an Amagi is better? Likewise with Kii unless you have CV friends you want to buff, an Amagi does the job fine.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Players
353 posts
9,243 battles
59 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I bought Mutsu as 16" guns can be funny in T6 MM, although Warspite does the high calibre mid tier BB thing better. 

Arizona is way better than an NM, better guns and armour.

Alabama is debatable but she's smaller than an NM and has an insane torp belt. Although Missouri makes any other USN BB from T8 onwards pointless, might as well stop grinding after Colorado and just Money Missouri farm. 

I can't see why anyone other than a collector would get Ashitaka unless they love T7 MM, surely dumping Free XP on an Amagi is better? Likewise with Kii unless you have CV friends you want to buff, an Amagi does the job fine.

Mutsu´s AP penetration is garbage and Ashitaka has those shells too. Im not saying you can´t have fun with these ships but yeah they could have been better without being p2w. 

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 hour ago, Aschwell said:

Mutsu´s AP penetration is garbage and Ashitaka has those shells too. Im not saying you can´t have fun with these ships but yeah they could have been better without being p2w. 

Mutsu shells are fine, just aim higher or get closer. Can nuke T7 BBs under 10km but then again they can devastate you too. Ashitaka is huge and faces far scarier things in the MM so I'd avoid buying her... 

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles

Buff ashitaka pless

not related to commemorative flags but pls

I want the ship but it seems neither fun nor viable 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,843 posts
11,701 battles
On 4.12.2017 at 2:58 PM, Negativvv said:

:cap_wander_2:

//edit

On 4.12.2017 at 3:09 PM, Negativvv said:

Alabama is debatable[...]

Okay.. you just got your act together. :Smile-_tongue:

[CAIN]
Players
4,805 posts
20,033 battles
On 4.12.2017 at 2:58 PM, Negativvv said:

I beg to differ, Arizona is strong but not much stronger than the New Mex, and Alabama is a copy pasta of the NoCar. Her only advantage is the stronger torp protection and that is situational and certainly something that i do not want to use on a regular basis if at all. Missouri is situational with her radar, most of her stats are identical with the Iowa. The only ridiculous thing is the XP and credit making capability.

Are they strong? Certainly. OP? Not so much unless you consider their tech tree counterparts to be OP as well. ( in case of the NoCar we can argue as her concealment is rather good ^^)

1 hour ago, Affeks said:

Buff ashitaka pless

not related to commemorative flags but pls

I want the ship but it seems neither fun nor viable 

She is the IJN version of the Hood with her guns, size and maneuverability, but she lacks badly in the AA department.

She needs two things: a commemorative flag and a bit better penetration at medium ranges.

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles
25 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

She is the IJN version of the Hood with her guns, size and maneuverability, but she lacks badly in the AA department.

She needs two things: a commemorative flag and a bit better penetration at medium ranges.

Stats hint to Hood being better than Ashitaka at everyhting.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
13 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I beg to differ, Arizona is strong but not much stronger than the New Mex, and Alabama is a copy pasta of the NoCar. Her only advantage is the stronger torp protection and that is situational and certainly something that i do not want to use on a regular basis if at all. Missouri is situational with her radar, most of her stats are identical with the Iowa. The only ridiculous thing is the XP and credit making capability.

Are they strong? Certainly. OP? Not so much unless you consider their tech tree counterparts to be OP as well. ( in case of the NoCar we can argue as her concealment is rather good ^^)

Hmm yes granted the USN Prem BBs are only slightly better but in the hands of a better player the difference is magnified. Alabama is more than a copy paste, the size of the ship makes her a lot more comfortable to WASD even without testing the torp belt. Missouri radar isn't situational if you dare to get close more often, pushing with DDs it can be quite the instrument. 

Maybe I look at them from the perspective of having played a lot of BB and the fact I have a 16 point Segal captain in there. Perhaps skill is OP? :Smile_teethhappy:

Ashitaka looks like a weak IJN version of the Hood from videos I've seen. At medium range a Hood is almost un-killable when top tier, Ashitaka is far more squishy. 

Sign in to follow this