You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Random December Challenge

21 comments in this topic

MrConway   

Captains,

Those of you that watched @Crysantos and myself streaming last week might have seen our spontaneous December Challenge already, if you haven't, here it is!

Challenge:

• While driving the Bismarck detonate the HMS Hood or while driving the Hood get detonated by the Bismarck
    • Battle has to have taken place in December 2017
    • Random battles only
    • Friendly-fire incidents not admissible
    • No shenanigans!
    • The first person to submit a valid entry will win.
  • Send your replay via PM to @MrConway and @Crysantos or to /u/_mr_conway_ on reddit

Prize:

Spoiler

Mf2TtXA.jpgOFyI66z.jpg

FAQ:

• Do you know how hard this is?
    • Yes
  • Do you know how RNG-dependent this is? 
    • Yes
  • Are you serious?
    • Mostly :Smile_smile:
  • Could you not come up with a better challenge?
    • I blame @Crysantos and especially Twitch chat for this silly challenge :Smile_hiding:
    • If nobody wins the December challenge, we will issue a new one for the code in January

• Cool 9

hjsteg   

Replay, is it activated in-game now? Or - how do we activate it?

oh wow, you both know that it is almost impossible to detonate a hood ? 

one thing more is the fact that i did not see a hood very often in a match. i assume that we get a new challenge next year because this will not happen.

greetings

MrConway   
5 hours ago, hjsteg said:

Replay, is it activated in-game now? Or - how do we activate it?

You can either edit two lines in the XML (see here for info) or download our modpack that has the option to activate them.

• Cool 1

14 hours ago, real_sytax said:

oh wow, you both know that it is almost impossible to detonate a hood ? 

one thing more is the fact that i did not see a hood very often in a match. i assume that we get a new challenge next year because this will not happen.

greetings

equip all flags that increase your det chance
keep playing hood until bismarck dets you

ezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hjsteg   
11 hours ago, MrConway said:

You can either edit two lines in the XML (see here for info) or download our modpack that has the option to activate them.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into this. I know how to enable training room, this is the same principle. Time to remove the Juliet Charlie (detonation) flag from the Hood!

Replay and training room should possible to enable in-game, not requiring the user to edit a xml-file. Hope this is on a to-do list for the developers.

MrConway   
1 hour ago, hjsteg said:

Thanks for the reply. I will look into this. I know how to enable training room, this is the same principle. Time to remove the Juliet Charlie (detonation) flag from the Hood!

Replay and training room should possible to enable in-game, not requiring the user to edit a xml-file. Hope this is on a to-do list for the developers.

It is absolutely on the to-do list, the only reason that they are not already there is that we are not happy with their work-in-progress state.

• Cool 1

MrConway   
1 hour ago, ColorsOfRainbows said:

but that means u have 2 winners the same second because 1 detonated hood and 1 detonating bismarck

Yes, and however contacts us first will get the prize!

On 12/4/2017 at 1:40 PM, MrConway said:

Thas a impossible challenge, its like nobody have a Hood, if they do they never play in it, i like the hood, but never been detonated in it, even with flags that ensure higher detonation risk. and when im in my bismarck i never encounter a hood and in hood i never see a bismarck..

This setup is almost as stupid as taking the baltimore our to shoor down some aircrafts, guess what never any cv when you use a aa ship :/

This is Blah :)

So, did anyone complete this challenge? If not: will it continue to run until someone does?

Miessa3   
13 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

So, did anyone complete this challenge? If not: will it continue to run until someone does?

Jeah that would interest me too.

The price is awesome (I may already own Tirpitz but I wouldn't say no to an Atlanta and De Grasse bought with the Dubloons) and i did try to get lucky but the stars sadly didn't allign for me.... :Smile_sad:

Is there a winner or will we get the new challenge? *uses sumnnoning magic* @MrConway @Crysantos

MrConway   
On 1/3/2018 at 11:52 AM, MrFingers said:

On 1/3/2018 at 12:10 PM, Miessa3 said:

Jeah that would interest me too.

The price is awesome (I may already own Tirpitz but I wouldn't say no to an Atlanta and De Grasse bought with the Dubloons) and i did try to get lucky but the stars sadly didn't allign for me.... :Smile_sad:

Is there a winner or will we get the new challenge? *uses sumnnoning magic* @MrConway @Crysantos

Nobody was able to rise up to the challenge unfortunately.

Yet the bonus code is still burning a hole in my desk and needs a new owner - swing by our stream on Monday (Crysantos & Myself) and we'll come up with a new challenge together!

https://www.twitch.tv/events/9kFfbq5SSWK0-9EDH1nVFw

domen3   
2 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Yet the bonus code is still burning a hole in my desk and needs a new owner - swing by our stream on Monday (Crysantos & Myself) and we'll come up with a new challenge together!

Well you can just give it to me, yes? Easy and efficient

• Funny 1

Miessa3   
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

cool! :cap_like:

1 hour ago, domen3 said:

Well you can just give it to me, yes? Easy and efficient

I would offer myself to take one for the team too! :Smile_izmena:

Egoleter   
4 hours ago, MrConway said:

Yet the bonus code is still burning a hole in my desk and needs a new owner

My desk is fire resistent.