Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

USN Cruiser line split

33 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,558 posts

Hello,

I would like to ask a question regarding USN cruiser line split and the "compensation" that will come in effect because some ships will change tiers.

Currently I am grinding (started to grind) the Pensacola and I hate the ship.

Should i grind it and get NO or maybe it doesnt matter since Pensacola will move to T6 and Clevenad up to T8.

If it doesnt matter it seems kinda stupid to grind the Pensacola ... hope I make sense :)

Thanx.

[UNICS]
Players
1,451 posts
22,233 battles

I just bought the cleveland so you get 2 ships unlocked , afaik you don't get any compensation grinding to the New Orleans and definitely nothing for the pensacola, maybe captains only or some credits for modules that get dropped .

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,806 posts
15,115 battles

It is not clear how compensation will work.

But if it works the same as they did it with the other lines, it is advantagous to get very far in the line.

Evenn if the Pensa goes down a Tier, you could get another Tier VII for compensation.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,716 battles
19 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Hello,

I would like to ask a question regarding USN cruiser line split and the "compensation" that will come in effect because some ships will change tiers.

Currently I am grinding (started to grind) the Pensacola and I hate the ship.

Should i grind it and get NO or maybe it doesnt matter since Pensacola will move to T6 and Clevenad up to T8.

If it doesnt matter it seems kinda stupid to grind the Pensacola ... hope I make sense :)

Thanx.

Depends if you want the Des moines. Breakoff points are Baltimore and Clevland if you have the 2 ships you have the new T9 and and theT8 Clevland....not that i wouldnt wanted to get a Helena wonder how they balance 15 barrels at T7 then again with Lyon as a  16 Barrle BB i think they dont care abot any balace anymore

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,802 battles

Actually, you should stop grinding at Cleveland, which is now tier 6 and will be the tier 8 in the new light line, so you will skip grinding a tier 7 in the new light line.

The tier 7-9 will be downtiered, so Pensacola is supposed to become tier 6 and Baltimore tier 8, so it s not worth to pay now for them more money and XP then less later. And the reason why those are downtiered is because they are hard to play, so it s not an easy grind.

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

If you stay on cleveland, you get t8 cleve and t7 in main tree in my opinion. Hence if you want Desmoines, you must pass pensacola too :)

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,558 posts
3 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

If you stay on cleveland, you get t8 cleve and t7 in main tree in my opinion. Hence if you want Desmoines, you must pass pensacola too :)

True, but i would rather grind it when its a T6 ship than now when its a T7 ship ;)

• Cool 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

Pensacola is awesome ship :( kiss island and use arcs, dont forget to use AP . UBER OP AP.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
4,558 posts
2 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Pensacola is awesome ship :( kiss island and use arcs, dont forget to use AP . UBER OP AP.

Sounds great on paper ;)

[CATS]
Players
28,806 posts
15,115 battles

Either you researched a tier or a researched ship changed tiers. You never got tiers between those ships.

The higher your researched tier, the more ships you got in the past.

If you stop research, you will probably get less for free.

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,012 posts
29,114 battles

As far as I understand all this:

If you have Pensacola you should get new T6 Pensacola and new T7 CA New Orleans.

If you have New Orleans you should get new T7 New Orleans and new T8 CA Baltimore

If you have Baltimore you should get new T8 Baltimore and new T9 Buffalo

If you have Cleveland you should get new T8 Cleveland and either new T6 Pensacola or T6 Dallas, I'm not sure about this but probably Pepsi.

So if you grind Pepsi to NO, you should have unlocked new T8 Balty.

• Cool 4

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles
Just now, fumtu said:

If you have Cleveland you should get new T8 Cleveland and either new T6 Pensacola or T6 Dallas, I'm not sure about this but probably Pepsi.

I hope the tier 6 Dallas :Smile_great:

I already have Pensacola.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,012 posts
29,114 battles
2 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I hope the tier 6 Dallas :Smile_great:

I already have Pensacola.

Well you'll get something, that is for sure either T6 Dallas of credit compensation for T6 Pensacola. I hope Dallas too as that will make easer to grind to Helena

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
184 posts
11,683 battles

Anyone knows what'll happen to New Orleans's 2nd year congratulatory camouflage?

Will it follow N.O down to T7 or be transferred over to Baltimore or what?

Simply wondering as the camo's were originally awarded to tier 8 ships and with N.O getting dropped to T7 an (weak) argument could be made in transferring the camo to Baltimore for the sake of consistency, on the other-hand that camo was already given to N.O so it could just as-well stay with N.O

-1st option: It's New Orleans's camo and will follow it down to t7

-2nd option: Camo will be transferred to T8 Baltimore because Kiev, Z-23, Martel and Monarch are all T8 and N.O get downtiered

-3rd option: (unlikely to happen) Both N.O and Baltimore get 2nd year congratulatory camouflage, just so WG can avoid a headache from people that argue for first or the second option.

[KTS]
Players
359 posts
6,553 battles

i'll buy Cleveland soon and start playing her as i want to progress in the line anyway (think i'll go for heavy cruiser though).

The only think i'm concerned is to gain another 35k xp in Omaha to unlock Dallas :Smile_trollface:

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles
13 minutes ago, Favuz said:

The only think i'm concerned is to gain another 35k xp in Omaha to unlock Dallas :Smile_trollface:

I certainly hope not :Smile_hiding:

If I sold mine, I probably refitted the captain to another ship.

Players
2,831 posts
20,102 battles

in the Q&A it was confirmt that it will probably worl like the other line splits. (to lazy to search for it you ncan do that if you dont belive me)

that means 

- if you get duplicate ships you will get the silver for the duplicate

- perma camos (dubloon ones) will be doubbled (T8+T6 camo for price of T6 camo)

- capts will stay and youll recive a second (non duplicate) cptn with set ammount of skillpoints

[HOO]
Players
1,980 posts
3,802 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

It is not clear how compensation will work.

But if it works the same as they did it with the other lines, it is advantagous to get very far in the line.

Evenn if the Pensa goes down a Tier, you could get another Tier VII for compensation.

I saw mentions somewhere that compensation would be similar to that given when the RU DD's split.

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,302 posts
9,144 battles
2 hours ago, fumtu said:

As far as I understand all this:

If you have Pensacola you should get new T6 Pensacola and new T7 CA New Orleans.

If you have New Orleans you should get new T7 New Orleans and new T8 CA Baltimore

If you have Baltimore you should get new T8 Baltimore and new T9 Buffalo

So if you grind Pepsi to NO, you should have unlocked new T8 Balty.

Pretty much what he said. Any upgrade module slots that change you will be compensated for. I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that if you have cleveland, you will get the new T8 Cleveland and be given the T6 Pensacola. As for the New Years Anniversary camo on the New Orleans, I'd imagine it will stay on the new orleans and you will instead receive compensation by getting perma camo on the new baltimore, that's how they've done it before.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,012 posts
29,114 battles

WG usually goes with doubling premium camos, one for ships that is replaced and one for ship that take its place. But we can only guess what will happen with 2nd Anniversary Camo? My guess it will stay with new Balty at T8. Another camo that maybe could be specific is Cleveland Halloween Camo (Type 12 if I'm not wrong). It's questionable will these two camos follow same pattern as standard premium camos or there will be some specific cases just for them.

• Cool 1

Players
3,438 posts
17,233 battles
21 minutes ago, fumtu said:

WG usually goes with doubling premium camos, one for ships that is replaced and one for ship that take its place. But we can only guess what will happen with 2nd Anniversary Camo? My guess it will stay with new Balty at T8. Another camo that maybe could be specific is Cleveland Halloween Camo (Type 12 if I'm not wrong). It's questionable will these two camos follow same pattern as standard premium camos or there will be some specific cases just for them.

Well remembered - it was the type 12.

When the Russian Destroyer line was split I had this camo on the Tier 5 Gnevny.

After the split I had a new ship at tier 5 (Podvoisky) and Gnevny moved up to tier 6.  The type 12 camo is available on both ships.

However, I think that the special "Congratulatory" camo was intended for Tier 8 ships. If you already have New Orleans with this camo you won't technically be worse off after the split.

You will still have New Orleans(Now tier 7), and you will still have the camo on its replacement at tier 8.The replacement ship will retain all the tier 8 XP so you still have to grind the same amount for the next ship. (Plus, IIRC the current tier 8 captain stays at tier 8 with all their skills)

[THESO]
Community Contributor
152 posts
19,867 battles

Grind Pensacola in order to unlock the T8 Baltimore and on, as Cleveland will be switched over to the CL tree as T8.

It all boils down to whether you want the Des Moines or not.

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
243 posts
8,362 battles

This is how compensations thus far have worked:

- You get to keep the ship that is being replaced and you get the ship that is replacing it.

- The ship that is placed on the tier you previously had your ship on is given all of the xp, research and the captain you previously had.

- The ship that is moved up in tiers is treated as if you had just bought it. (Though WG tends to give you a new commander with some skillpoints as a compensation sometimes)

- the ship moving down tier is treated like the previous ship that was on that tier.

[THESO]
Players
4,558 posts
6 minutes ago, Turnipsi said:

- The ship that is moved up in tiers is treated as if you had just bought it. (Though WG tends to give you a new commander with some skillpoints as a compensation sometimes)

I hope not, because I am also using Steven Seagal.

Sign in to follow this