You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ColonelPete

When will you fix captains voices

14 comments in this topic

Question

[CATS]
Players
28,996 posts
15,146 battles

Since two patches ago the voices of special captains (ARP) do not work correctly.

When will this get fixed?

It should be quite easy as there are mods that will do that, but I do not want to use mods.

• Cool 1

13 answers to this question

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,961 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

@Sehales

@MrConway

Since this pops up more and more with the HSF captains. Could you finally do someting?

When I select national, I hear the nations voices correctly, but not the special voices from special captains (ARP; HSF, ...)

When I select standard, I hear the voices from the special captains, but all nations a set to my standard language.

I want to hear the nations voices and hear the special captains whithout having to change the settings as I could before...

We are aware of the issue and have reported it, hopefully we'll be able to fix it soon.

• Cool 1

[FORD]
Players
36 posts

i have a  problem with in game pirate talk  as  half the  voice  sounds like russian even though all in  ticket as  english and pirate talk,wish this  could be sorted out asap.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

I'm guessing the answer is SoonTM

I could understand them accidentally screwing them up for 1 short patch, and not introducing a mid-patch update to fix is as the next one is right around the corner, but cmon, this the 2nd patch now, not cool anymore

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,875 posts
21,710 battles

I find it disconcerting that WG has not fixed this issue in the last patch, and also that it has not been added to the Known Issues list.

The HSF voices that come with the respective ships are paid content after all.

Players
2 posts
1,995 battles

The HSF Voices are Paid so WG have to fix that.
I have the Harekaze so i think i contact my lawyer in the next week. (I dont think that he can WG move to fix it but WG have to composat the time)

That runs more and more in the direction of "fraud".

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Another patch, still no fix.

They're working for me since 6.14.1 - just that I had to re-select the Nachi while I had the standard english

[SD_DK]
Beta Tester
124 posts

and still getting Russian voices even though "English (Pirate)" is selected. :fish_palm:

(res/banks never had any sub-folders for me, just the mod.xml, which is regenerated by the launcher)

[CATS]
Players
28,996 posts
15,146 battles

@Sehales

@MrConway

Since this pops up more and more with the HSF captains. Could you finally do someting?

When I select national, I hear the nations voices correctly, but not the special voices from special captains (ARP; HSF, ...)

When I select standard, I hear the voices from the special captains, but all nations a set to my standard language.

I want to hear the nations voices and hear the special captains whithout having to change the settings as I could before...

[WD4O]
Players
29 posts
5,523 battles
On 1/27/2018 at 11:10 AM, ColonelPete said:

@Sehales

@MrConway

Still no fix for this

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles

Well, the problem still exists 2 years later

One of my Russian captains speaks mostly Russian with a spark of English...