Sign in to follow this  
SirAmra

Gadjah Mada and her guns

13 comments in this topic

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,005 posts

Well, being happy being done with the Fushun.

Hated the slow traverse of the guns. But an okayish ship for tier 6.

But I looked forward to the Gadjah.

Noticed the shell speed was lower than the tier 6 one. But hey.....360 traverse on 2 of the batteries. Gonna be goood.

But I was truly thrown of guard by the insane orbital arch.....and combined with the slow shell speed.....holy crap.

Close range they pack a punch. But anything above 7km is a fly me to the moon shot.

I would love for this ship to have either faster shell speed or lower arch. I feel really "hampered" dueling with other DDs at longer than suicide range.

Anyone else feel the same or do I just need to git gut?

[BRTMN]
[BRTMN]
Beta Tester
68 posts
24,502 battles

THis is because its a british dd - the gallant is exactly the same. whereas the Fushun was a soviet dd. Sorry but you are just going to have to suck it up! It is a fab ship all round I think.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,005 posts

Haven`t played the Gallant. But Hmmmmmm. Damn.

Yeah. Not expecting them to change anything over night.

Just giving it my 2 cents.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,140 posts
11,202 battles
32 minutes ago, siramra said:

Well, being happy being done with the Fushun.

Hated the slow traverse of the guns. But an okayish ship for tier 6.

But I looked forward to the Gadjah.

Noticed the shell speed was lower than the tier 6 one. But hey.....360 traverse on 2 of the batteries. Gonna be goood.

But I was truly thrown of guard by the insane orbital arch.....and combined with the slow shell speed.....holy crap.

Close range they pack a punch. But anything above 7km is a fly me to the moon shot.

I would love for this ship to have either faster shell speed or lower arch. I feel really "hampered" dueling with other DDs at longer than suicide range.

Anyone else feel the same or do I just need to git gut?

Welcome to WG caliber progression tm , where going from a T7 with 406mm guns to a T8 with 356mm guns is not alright, but having a new line where going from a:
T1 meh gun
To a
T2 potato gun
To a
T3 potato slingshot
To a
T4 railgun 
Back to a 
T5 regular gun
To a
T6 very high velocity gun
To a
T7 regular gun
To a
T8-10 USN rainbow gun is perfectly ok.

Also, The Gadget Majong has better velocity than USN DDs, and those are perfectly usuable, though difficult.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,005 posts
11 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Welcome to WG caliber progression tm , where going from a T7 with 406mm guns to a T8 with 356mm guns is not alright, but having a new line where going from a:
T1 meh gun
To a
T2 potato gun
To a
T3 potato slingshot
To a
T4 railgun 
Back to a 
T5 regular gun
To a
T6 very high velocity gun
To a
T7 regular gun
To a
T8-10 USN rainbow gun is perfectly ok.

Also, The Gadget Majong has better velocity than USN DDs, and those are perfectly usuable, though difficult.

Yeah. Just looked them up.

Guess it was just me hoping for something to counter some of the loss in tactics against other DDs regarding torps in smoke etc.

Oh well. I`ll just drink my coffee and shut up. Lol

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,716 battles

Well Gaja also has rather good fire chance. Otherwise its a zombi line 8-10 have consitency were the guns are concerned otherwise there are quite a few hard transitions that basically require diferent sjill setups kike T6 requires turest rotation speed skill  were T5 and gaja does need not.

Nothing new thogh who had Ashan and Lo Yang allready had that isue well before Panasia was implemented.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,005 posts

I grinded the tier 6 without the turret rotation skill. Saw that the others had decent/good turning. Forgot to check shellspeed though. Oh,well.

Beta Tester
3,301 posts
3,849 battles

'Expert Marksman' is all but mandatory on the Anshan, and almost a complete waste of points on the Lo Yang. So, yeah... from the start, there's been an argument for having at least two Pan-Asian destroyer captains on the roster. :Smile_honoring::Smile_honoring:

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,247 battles

I assume Gadjah mada guns will be similar to Blyskawica, which does just fine with those arcs, except Gadjah has an extra gun.

[LEWD]
Beta Tester
74 posts
9,071 battles

You're assumption is completely wrong. The shells on the Gadjah Mada are much slower and therefore has worse arcs than the Blysk.

It has the same arcs as the Gallant and is very close to USN DDs

[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,040 battles

What do you expect from a collection of different philosophy/doctrine guns mashed into a single lineup ?

[PNAVY]
Players
1,237 posts
41,563 battles
On 12/11/2017 at 2:50 AM, Verdius said:

I assume Gadjah mada guns will be similar to Blyskawica, which does just fine with those arcs, except Gadjah has an extra gun.

Blyska's guns are better. They're similar to the RU DDs.

Sign in to follow this