Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
woodyudet_17

being threatened - support etc

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
124 posts
14,903 battles

Hi,

had a player take exception to me in a game and ask everyone to report me.

Then direct messaged me suggesting i'm lying about  age, slum dweller and mentally ill etc.

He is threatening to report me, post stuff online etc.

Usually don't care about this sort of thing, but rather annoyed about this - not least as completely unjustified, but also because while I don't care too much about being insulted on the internet I don't take kindly to being threatened.

Not going to name names, etc but does anyone know what support type options I have? 

I'd rather let this go as the internet is full of wallies and it's not worth the effort, but if I do get reported [no doubt with an edited chat etc..] or named online etc then what are my options?

many thanks

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,494 battles

The threats are completely empty and you should just ignore them, but absolutely don't just let it go. Go to the effort to report him through the WG support system just on the off-chance you might be able to spare some of the rest of us from having the misfortune to play with that person in future!

• Cool 7

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Oh no, someone said a bad thing online, how horrible! This totally never happens!

Take screenshots and report directly to support (on the top of both - news portal and forums there is quite noticeable button support). Also wasn't there some ability to just mute that guy? Something like blacklist or something.

Personally I don't care what they are saying, most of them are just incompetent potatoes angry that they didn't get carried or that they are failing some mission for the 100th time in a row. Anything they say is just an empty venting, pretty much just them cooling down by throwing all of that cr*p on someone else instead of keeping it to themselves or yelling out loud.

Actually yelling and those special "punching" things are the best way to unload after a bad game, helps much more than yelling at someone :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
450 posts
5,507 battles
1 hour ago, woodyudet_17 said:

Hi,

Then direct messaged me suggesting i'm lying about  age, slum dweller and mentally ill etc.

Usually don't care about this sort of thing, but rather annoyed about this - not least as completely unjustified, but also because while I don't care too much about being insulted on the internet I don't take kindly to being threatened.

Not going to name names, etc but does anyone know what support type options I have? 

I'd rather let this go as the internet is full of wallies and it's not worth the effort, but if I do get reported [no doubt with an edited chat etc..] or named online etc then what are my options?

many thanks

You're not getting justice on the internet, let alone in russian multiplayer games :cap_happy:
Just play better and ignore hurtful comments unless you like going all the way. I doubt he just came up with all of this by himself, you probably talked back like a pro and made him even more angry. Use mute/silence/blacklist functions or find a mod to remove battle chat if you don't enjoy the vibes.

The report system only exists to create the illusion of possible consequences, it takes massive abuse and some illegal atrocities to lead into any meaningful penalties, practically just a chat ban for a little while - so relax, play your best and don't talk back or otherwise annoy people that are already angry. You shouldn't ever run into penalties unless you take a standard habit of annoying everyone in the same battle.

Extra tip of advice: I have no idea why you told him about your age, slum dwellings and mental fitness. Same goes with nationalities, professions and such.. there is nothing positive ever going to follow you sharing personal information with trolls - they just use against you everything you give them. If you can't stay quiet, try responding with "I love you too", "No comment", "Thank you for your feedback sir" or "Not interested in making friends, sorry".

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,061 posts
13,936 battles

If you raise a ticket with CS expect the standard 'use the in-game report function' message (there was a game a short while ago where one of our team broadast in chat "kill n*****s" - clearly a charming individual.   I know two players said that they were going to report them but I'm not sure how many did.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
124 posts
14,903 battles

Thanks guys- this is very helpful - your help is much appreciated

Thankfully this is rare - been playing for years, not had this sort of experience before; hopefully won’t again.

On 12/3/2017 at 4:36 PM, ammattimies said:

You're not getting justice on the internet, let alone in russian multiplayer games :cap_happy:
Just play better and ignore hurtful comments unless you like going all the way. I doubt he just came up with all of this by himself, you probably talked back like a pro and made him even more angry. Use mute/silence/blacklist functions or find a mod to remove battle chat if you don't enjoy the vibes.

The report system only exists to create the illusion of possible consequences, it takes massive abuse and some illegal atrocities to lead into any meaningful penalties, practically just a chat ban for a little while - so relax, play your best and don't talk back or otherwise annoy people that are already angry. You shouldn't ever run into penalties unless you take a standard habit of annoying everyone in the same battle.

Extra tip of advice: I have no idea why you told him about your age, slum dwellings and mental fitness. Same goes with nationalities, professions and such.. there is nothing positive ever going to follow you sharing personal information with trolls - they just use against you everything you give them. If you can't stay quiet, try responding with "I love you too", "No comment", "Thank you for your feedback sir" or "Not interested in making friends, sorry".

Thank you

I didn’t volunteer any info; just responded that I wasn’t a kid [he suggested this] and had a good command of English language given it’s where i’m from etc

got responses calling me a liar, slum dweller, go back to school etc. Not bothered by the insults per se, more with the threats etc

hipefully the person involved will desist and this will go no further.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,115 posts
12,543 battles
6 hours ago, woodyudet_17 said:

Hi,

many thanks

Why do you waste your time posting this here?

Beta Tester
124 posts
14,903 battles
1 hour ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Because I was looking for advice from fellow players; a number of whom have provided helpful guidance.

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles
1 hour ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Why did you not ask yourself that question before posting usless comments...

Beta Tester
2,115 posts
12,543 battles
2 hours ago, juanxmar said:

Why did you not ask yourself that question before posting usless comments...

This is a useless topic that is a matter for customer support not the forum.

Alpha Tester
3,093 posts
12,188 battles

@OP: You think 'threatening to report you' is threatening you? My goodness me, you have a lot to learn about threatening behaviour. Threats to your health, or actually bodily injury, etc are threats you should report, but threatening to report you, post stuff online? Come on mate, you let this one get to you and you know it. I have said worse to people in the heat of the moment, as many do - the game is competitive and while horrible words are not nice and unwarranted, they do happen. I had several altercations tonight already, because I'm a no-nonsense type of person, and perhaps need to learn to be more tolerant. The best way to fight this, as I have done to others and others have done to me, is to simply pretend their words don't exist, ignore them. WG won't simply ban you for nothing, the other chap has to prove a lot before anything happens. Some people here need to grow up, and fast, or stay off the internet.

Here's a hint, at the arrival of the first horrible message - add him to your blacklist. Then pretend he doesn't exist. He beat you this time because you're here upset by it all.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles
11 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

If you raise a ticket with CS expect the standard 'use the in-game report function' message (there was a game a short while ago where one of our team broadast in chat "kill n*****s" - clearly a charming individual.   I know two players said that they were going to report them but I'm not sure how many did.

You get that message if you report in-game comments, yet even then some actions can be taken. I can tell you this for sure, because while I've never gotten the standard 24h chatban people often complain about, I apparently managed to lose my cool enough that someone felt hurt enough to go through support (probably I asked someone to never play a CV again and explained extensively what I think about not even trying to do his job while playing one). Anyway, that's the only source for week-long chatban "for insults and provocations" (rather than "by complaints") I enjoyed...

Not really something I'm proud of, but a hint that the "please use in-game report function but we'll take measures" phrase isn't necessarily just a "f*ck off and don't bother us" phrased more kindly with a white lie slapped on it. It's actually possible that the person reported might suffer a chat ban for that - and from what OP says, I'm pretty certain this would - I know what I might say at my worst, so if I got a week ban for something, that guy would almost definitely see some punishment (especially since he brought the thing outside the in-battle chat).