Sign in to follow this  
RBay

Chapayev CPT Skills 14pts

6 comments in this topic

[ANG3L]
Players
44 posts
6,324 battles

as the title says, I am about to pick up the chapayev, and have a 14 point captain.

Now, do I got for BFT, AFT, IFT... or do I desperately want the camouflage expert for the last kilometre of stealth ? Ill naturally be running the module regardless for stealth.  I could consider trying to run without the captain skill.... hm

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,191 posts
9,723 battles

You want Concealment expert, not even a contest. For starters it helps you get closer to caps to use radar or disengage easier, but it means that if you get spotted you can insta radar and suprise the DD or cruiser that is spotting you. 10.2 km concealment with full stealthbuild and 11.7 km radar range. That gives you a pretty big bufferzone.

This is my Chapayev captain right now. 

04b948a9b4.jpg

3 of those points are probably going into Super intendent or BFT, but I don't play the Chappy that often lately so I have not put those points to good use yet.

[KTS]
Players
359 posts
6,553 battles

from tier 6 to 9, Russian Cruisers are better with concealment expert (like all cruisers) and IFHE, no other tier 4 skills equal those two in effectiveness.

However, keep in mind that if you plan to take this captain to Moskva, you'll need to retrain him.

Basic 14 build is :priority target, adrenaline rush, superintendent (especially Chappy and Donskoi), Concealment and IFHE.

For the next points you can choose whatever you want, i went with Demolition expert and expert marksman (EM is useful on the donskoi, lower tier ships not so much).

Players
160 posts
9,857 battles

I would choose DE over Superintendent on a chappy. Superintendent doesn't really give you anything except an extra radar which is nice, but not as good as 2% fire chance IMO (it's a matter of playstyle tbh).

basically what ollonborre posted.

However, on donskoi I DO prefer superintendent over DE since it also gives you an extra heal.

However in your situation I'd go DE since the extra heal is situational (Donskoi tends to get blapped when  you make mistakes rather then withered down so the extra heal is kind of situational) and then get superintendent while playing the Donskoi (depending on available flags/camos you should easily reach 17 while playin Donskoi).

[KTS]
Players
359 posts
6,553 battles

I agree, in general DE is better for Chapayev and SI is better for Donskoi and Kutuzov.

Adviced Superintendent only because i bought donskoi while my captain wasn't at 17 pts yet so i struggled with 1 heal less (for kutuzov is mandatory also).

[H_FAN]
Players
2,683 posts
45,154 battles

Here is my Chappa build , I have the Kutuzov so Superintendent necessary. As I mainly play the Kutuzov LS is ignored. DE was my 15-17 p and EM last 2. I can use the captain on many cruisers also on Murmansk and Molotov, bought the Soviet bundle in sept where I got the Kutuzov and Molotov (other 2 gold). Excellent eliteXP captain for me. 

Chappa kapten 19.jpg

Sign in to follow this