Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Joergensen

A working reporting system

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
137 posts
12,974 battles

Here is a question for all players, do you know about enyone hwo have gotten a ban for the AFK report or the unsporting behaviour report ?

I seriously doubt it works as WG claims, because in world of tanks you could reed complaining post about players who had gotten a ban , but here i havent seen one...

The afk/bot ban dont work, an exsample a player in N.cal with 3400+ battles, average XP a whooping 559 togheter with a winrate of 44,44%, average tier 5,6 and have mainly used BBs and CAs.

You just dont get that low winrate and XP from participating in 3K+ battles...

Same goes for the unsporting behaviour... 

The chat ban works.... 100% shure of that.... but everyone hwo have gotten flamed deserved it in 99% of the cases and would have gotten a unsportsman report from more than just me.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,060 posts
13,841 battles

I've read before that the only one that seems to work is the chat ban.   Not all players read let alone post on the forum. Maybe WoWS players are not as silly as WoT players in coming onto the forum and complaining about being banned (other than chat bans which can be random).

There is no reason why a player with bad stats cannot unlock a high tier ship - it just takes them longer to get there (unless they've got s a lof of free XP).

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,857 posts
21,606 battles

The report system isn't there to ban people who aren't playing or disrupt the game.

It is there so that frustrated people can let off steam. The reports do nothing save lower karma. Also the system gives WG an excuse not to do anything when people act like complete d-bags.

The system works as intended.

[BOTES]
Players
766 posts
11,827 battles

I did wonder if the karma system would work better if there were rewards attached, you had to upvote someone in a game but not in your clan/div... popular streamers could be excluded at they would attract too many lovers/haters... try to encourage better play via bribes if you like.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
3 hours ago, Joergensen said:

Here is a question for all players, do you know about enyone hwo have gotten a ban for the AFK report or the unsporting behaviour report ?

I seriously doubt it works as WG claims, because in world of tanks you could reed complaining post about players who had gotten a ban , but here i havent seen one...

The afk/bot ban dont work, an exsample a player in N.cal with 3400+ battles, average XP a whooping 559 togheter with a winrate of 44,44%, average tier 5,6 and have mainly used BBs and CAs.

Same goes for the unsporting behaviour... 

The chat ban works.... 100% shure of that.... but everyone hwo have gotten flamed deserved it in 99% of the cases and would have gotten a unsportsman report from more than just me.

Well, you wouldn't meet them if they were banned, would you? :Smile_teethhappy:

Also 44,44% is actually relatively high, you wouldn't believe how many people are 40% or lower WR. Average tier at 5.6? That just means that most of his 3400 battles have been either at tiers 5 and 6 or he's played a lot more or less equally throughout the tier list and that's simply the middle point for his games. Means literally nothing to be fair. Mainly used some class? So what? Useless potatoes are met in every single class no matter how shiny and cool you want to make your preferred class look.

Also that 3k battles isn't that high, there are people with over 15k battles and below 40% WR. I've seen some guy with something like 1.5k games just in his Khaba and 42% WR. There are people who are just bad and / or don't even want to learn the game. They play for fun or they think they are already great.

I've been flamed a lot by clueless potatoes while I'm carrying them. With some of the players who I often play with we have a joke that the higher you are on the score table the more reports you'll get from the team :Smile_amazed: Totally deserved flame for carrying their newb a**, literally.

Players
2,574 posts
4 hours ago, Joergensen said:

Why not? For average global WR on any ship around 50% for anyone exceeding it must be someone to ballance the score. In other words for 56% WR must be a player with 44% WR. Sure there are bots in this game, but there are also many bad players.

Not that long ago I met Tirpitz player with 13-15k average damage over something like 120 battles... He was below 40% WR on it...

I agree afks/bots are problematic, but they are more frequent during low population hours. Irritating - yes - but not game breaking.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

My karma tend to rise, slowly buut it rises, since the US CV change it dropped like a rock, people dont like being rekt by planes :cap_haloween:

Also, kinda related to the topic, I got tk today by a division, first a cruisers shooted at me (I was using monarch), not big deal, he put fires I let it burn triying him to self damage himself. Then his DD bf came and put 9 torps into me, you can not hit with all your torps a friendly ship by mistake.

So 0 dmg, game lost. Also a +200% camo and a full set of the good flags, to the trash. So they are blacklisted for me, will torp anybody on his clan back. (Anyway 45% WR players wont really matter except as a meatshield)

And then they called me racist because I told them thats why their country will never be in the EU.

My point, team damage need a rework.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Report system is great. Played 1 game today, wrote in chat "please dont go A, you have no chance there", division of 3 new mexico players with an average of 42% win rate just said "stfu noob", and before i could write the second line i was chatbanned. Obviously they got annihilated in the first 4 minutes by two dd, and we lost. 

Best gaming experience.

• Cool 3

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
12 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Report system is great. Played 1 game today, wrote in chat "please dont go A, you have no chance there", division of 3 new mexico players with an average of 42% win rate just said "stfu noob", and before i could write the second line i was chatbanned. Obviously they got annihilated in the first 4 minutes by two dd, and we lost. 

Best gaming experience.

hahaha. :Smile_teethhappy:

i am not playing with you ever again. just staying in division with you is enough to get chat banned :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
1,038 posts
11,504 battles

The whole idea of players reporting other players is childish. It reeks of "I'm telling the teacher on you". Even the Karma system is open to abuse. Its nice to get a compliment, but there are people out there who have some real issues. I can carry a team to victory in a Kamikaze R, and see my Karma drop.  I have noticed the envy brigade shows up more often, and put a few shots into me because I'm in a premium ship.

I think the way to resolve team damage is to have the damage immediately reflect back as a percentage of HP, plus a percentage more. I know there are some people out there who would not care, as their sole purpose is to ruin other peoples fun. Plus a forgive option would be useful.

But for a game whose population is stagnant, Wargaming will do nothing to dissuade players. Besides the idiot on your team is usually the other teams easy kill.

I'm old school as they say, and I'd much rather their parent or a group of their piers gave them a beating instead for being such an idiot. As for a lot of idiots out there, there are no consequences for their actions, you must suffer these fools it appears. 

If they are abusive in chat, either in game or after it, then just blacklist them, or chat ban them.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
54 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Best gaming experience.

Much rude, such deserve :Smile_trollface:

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles

Baby steps, let them come to grips with chat window coding, then they might, in 15 years, be able to implement something workable there.

Beta Tester
137 posts
12,974 battles
4 hours ago, Akula971 said:

The whole idea of players reporting other players is childish. It reeks of "I'm telling the teacher on you". Even the Karma system is open to abuse. Its nice to get a compliment, but there are people out there who have some real issues. I can carry a team to victory in a Kamikaze R, and see my Karma drop.  I have noticed the envy brigade shows up more often, and put a few shots into me because I'm in a premium ship.

I think the way to resolve team damage is to have the damage immediately reflect back as a percentage of HP, plus a percentage more. I know there are some people out there who would not care, as their sole purpose is to ruin other peoples fun. Plus a forgive option would be useful.

But for a game whose population is stagnant, Wargaming will do nothing to dissuade players. Besides the idiot on your team is usually the other teams easy kill.

I'm old school as they say, and I'd much rather their parent or a group of their piers gave them a beating instead for being such an idiot. As for a lot of idiots out there, there are no consequences for their actions, you must suffer these fools it appears. 

If they are abusive in chat, either in game or after it, then just blacklist them, or chat ban them.

Very agree with the stagnant statement, and i think the only way to change that is to make all WG games apealing for a group of players, not make it so even the dumbest of the dumb ones can enjoy it..kinda like EVE Online. And bot/afk and unsportsmanlike behaviour (like border camping) makes it less apealing for new players, and makes the veteran players loose interest quick. I could easy do 10+ battles a afternoon or morning  before, but now im just hits alt+f4 after a few battles.   Oh and to the fellow further up the post claiming he did get a ban for just being rude once... hwo do you think you fool, you must have gone out of your way for getting that chat ban... i know have had some myself ;)

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles
5 minutes ago, Joergensen said:

Oh and to the fellow further up the post claiming he did get a ban for just being rude once... hwo do you think you fool, you must have gone out of your way for getting that chat ban... i know have had some myself ;)

Nah, as has been proven countless times, all you need is a potato division being told they are potatoes, pof, chat banned.

You dont need to believe it, beauty is it not?

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Between only bad abusing of chatbans and opening more ways of bad abuse of the report system I'll leave it as it is. It's bad enough already, no need to made it worse, thanks.

In fact for the real use it has I'd be in favor of just remove any way to report or compliment and karma. Both things are just useless TBH and there's no need for them.

[ALONE]
Players
1,418 posts
11,488 battles

All possible solutions which would be really working involve either significant increase of WG manpower redirected to analyzing reports, or some kind of advanced AI to do that. Looking at solutions in the game I don't believe WG can do AI. And looking at WG's approach to "customers" I don't believe they are willing to spend a kopeyka on hiring people to get rid of abusers which are in the most part just potatoes (frequently: paying potatoes). 

The real problem are not vocal abusers, TK or other direct violators. The game is ruined by "below average Smiths" who don't give a sh$t about learning the game and yet are "swimming around" waay above "learning protected area", either deaf or easily triggered by remarks/directions. 

One particular subset of those are AFK-ers, who prefer any real-life "obligation" (like WC, finishing snack, playing with the dog) over ("just") the game into which they just decided to log in together with 23 other people. 

Current "reporting system" is obviously fake - and it is clearly visible when one checks the stats of guys you would like to report. Thousands, thousands of games with zombie stats - no ban, no nothing; numbers happily growing. 

Weekend Tester
1,353 posts
35,201 battles

I think the report system only deals out 1 day bans (and seeing how damn faulty and exploitable this mechanic is, they better not dish out perma bans). However, I know of a streamer who had longer bans; I think 7 days a couple of times. But it is assumed those are handled out by CS upon receiving a ticket complain.

Then again, EU seems very generous and forgiving. I think NA and RU remember previous violations, resulting in harsher punishments up to permanent ones.

Players
1,064 posts
4,944 battles

I don't think it would be unfeasible to script a chat-scanning bot, with a wiki-like dictionary updated by us players. It's just that having a friendly and relaxing game environment is very low on WG's priorities.

As for other reports, there could be a bot sniper checking avg daily number of battles and avg damage on said account after an afk/bot report and acting if those numbers appear to be out of scale if compared to server avg.

Other kind of reports should only lead to a pop-up message saying "Some players were not satisfied with your performance".

Sign in to follow this