You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams

Anyone else who can't do the stupid "shoot 10 planes down" mission because there are no lovely carriers in the games ?

13 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
1,365 posts
35,353 battles

Good ****, I thought these stupid missions were a thing of the past where you needed a very specific type of enemy ship/nation to complete. Yet here we are, after 6 hours of playing, only 1 game where an aa ship of mine ended up in a game with a cv (and I had to get almost 3k base exp; so much for  "win missions" on a week end). How often do we need to tell you to give at least give an incentive to play the hunted ship(s)....

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Don't even bother with it. Stormwind is one of the better looking camos, but I'm sorry, 2 camos for so much effort - no thank you.

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles

There are no lovely carriers at all. I mean, i have a carrier in almost every battle, but they are definitely not lovely.

That said, the shoot down planes is bad design because surface ships cannot reliably do so without enemy CV actively cooperating, and thus it's too much removed from player hands. It's even bad design for CV now that AS setups were scrapped.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,140 posts
11,203 battles

And here I feel guilty because I kek'd the mission in one try in an Atlanta.

Stormwind camo is absolutely gorgeous, I wouldn't mind WG having an easier to obtain "stormwind lite" with only the regular two camo bonuses. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,287 posts
11,045 battles
2 hours ago, Vanhal said:

There are no lovely carriers at all. I mean, i have a carrier in almost every battle, but they are definitely not lovely.

Same, and its been kinda going on for a few months already, 2/3 games I get CVs, really don't know what the people are complaining about

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,897 battles
9 hours ago, Caljostro said:

Good ****, I thought these stupid missions were a thing of the past where you needed a very specific type of enemy ship/nation to complete. Yet here we are, after 6 hours of playing, only 1 game where an aa ship of mine ended up in a game with a cv (and I had to get almost 3k base exp; so much for  "win missions" on a week end). How often do we need to tell you to give at least give an incentive to play the hunted ship(s)....

Just make a division with a CV and you will have one on the other side.

[SVX]
Players
32 posts
14,639 battles

I shot down 10 planes in one game with my Baltimore and did around 70k dmg. Thought i would get it until i checked and my main battery dmg was 47k and the rest fires :cap_wander_2:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,683 posts
45,126 battles

Well it is just to play normal if it goes it goes, 2 camos I do not play special ships for

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles

Storm Wind Description:

"Camoflage for the Strong-Willed"

It is almost like WG is trying to make fun of us. :Smile_teethhappy:

On topic: I have 36 accumulated of those (can't renember how) and won't use them (because i am a horting addict :Smile_playing:).

I won't bother with this mission (maybe i get it by chance without trying) because it is too little reward for too much bother.

[CKBK]
Players
36 posts
34,665 battles

Easy to solve ...

1. team up with an CV 

2. use a AA spect BB

3. go alone on a flank with no cruiser support so that the CV sees you as an easy target

problem solved

[CKBK]
Beta Tester
939 posts
10,938 battles

Imagine the Yamamoto campaign #7 mission, 300 plane kills.

Everytime I take my NC out all the CVs sends their planes on the other side of the map. FeelsSadMan.

Players
2,672 posts
11,390 battles

Didn't get the flag cause I didn't do 50,000 damage with main battery, even though I shot down more planes than all those other AA ships and CVs :Smile_sad:

shot-17_12.03_15_26.42-0280.thumb.jpg.b8e8a41983773f77313a3e0be72d31b6.jpg