Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BrusilovX

Reporting CLAN members to the CLAN leaders

20 comments in this topic

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,066 posts
13,987 battles

is there a way to report players to the clan leaders in WoWS as you could do in WoT?

I had a look and there is no obvious way.

An Atago fired torps at me and I did not repair the flooding (as there were enemy DDs around).   Needless to say they continued to get warnings about team damage as the flood continued.  Then with just over 4 minutes 15 seconds left they fired torps at me again - there was an enemy Flectcher around but not in the direction of the torps they fired and I ate two of those - at which point the Atago sinks due to accumulated team damage.

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming

Players
1,423 posts
8,827 battles
On 12/2/2017 at 0:25 AM, BrusilovX said:

is there a way to report players to the clan leaders in WoWS as you could do in WoT?

An Atago fired torps at me and I did not repair the flooding (as there were enemy DDs around).   Needless to say they continued to get warnings about team damage as the flood continued.  Then with just over 4 minutes 15 seconds left they fired torps at me again - there was an enemy Flectcher around but not in the direction of the torps they fired and I ate two of those - at which point the Atago sinks due to accumulated team damage.

*Edited

The only thing I can think of it's to look on his clan and send a PM to it's founder or officer or something like that.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts

There's the Clan Search option in the Clan management page, you should be able to see the names of the commanders and officers in there.

Maybe try searching for them in game player search or see if they have an ID on this forum and PM them, maybe the clan has a recruitment post on the forum and you can find contacts there.

Best I can think of, I agree it's a stupid bit of gameplay, but it's possible the clan doesn't care about the conduct of their members.

• Cool 2

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

If your clan is any good you have some communications like Discord or TS. PM the leaders there.

If you don't have any communication - you probably want to look for a better clan :Smile_teethhappy:

[THESO]
Players
4,615 posts
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

If your clan is any good you have some communications like Discord or TS. PM the leaders there.

If you don't have any communication - you probably want to look for a better clan :Smile_teethhappy:

You missunferstood.

He doesnt want to report his own clan members.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
9 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

You missunferstood.

Oooh, that would make more sense.

Then, I guess in-game-chat? But it's rather flawed, there is no guarantee that the other guy will actually receive your message

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

You can always send them PM ingame. If you ever run into an OSC clan member, make sure to send SexyCroat PM to inform him of his bad doings, he always appreciates that kind of info. :Smile_great:

• Cool 2

Players
87 posts
393 battles
1 hour ago, cro_pwr said:

You can always send them PM ingame. If you ever run into an OSC clan member, make sure to send SexyCroat PM to inform him of his bad doings, he always appreciates that kind of info. :Smile_great:

Definetly, if you wanna be insulted even further, or just feel like beeing ignored hes your man to pm!!! 

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,066 posts
13,987 battles
20 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Definetly, if you wanna be insulted even further, or just feel like beeing ignored hes your man to pm!!! 

I think it may be the placebo effect to be honest.  I know that sometimes in WoT the clan leader would apologize and other times they gave me a lecture on how I should have played the battle (as if that excused a TK).

What got me was that the Atago fires torps at me twice - the first time there was an enemy DD nearby but the second time the last enemy DD had been spotted in the opposite direction than the torps were fired in (at me).   The player was just being an arse for doing that - also at that point I think the game was in the balance of going either way so maybe they just didn't want to win that battle.

[HOO]
Players
1,984 posts
3,803 battles
6 hours ago, nambr9 said:

You missunferstood.

And there sits the real problem.

As a clan commander I would listen to anybody who bought a concern about the conduct of a member of my clan group to me . However he would need to back up his claim with a replay, otherwise how I am I to know its not just sour grapes. Any automated system would be open to abuse just like the karma system. It would take repeated concerns from multiple people over several days / weeks before a clear pattern of misbehavior emerged, unless they were really dumb and did it in div with other clan members. 

However if WG wanted to build an automated reporting system that told clan admins when a member of the clan became a team killer that might be useful, but even then, in battle poop happens especially if you are learning a line and friendly fire incidents and accidental kills will always happen.

Beta Tester
450 posts
5,507 battles
On 12/2/2017 at 0:25 AM, BrusilovX said:

*Edited

Well, they can't pay for your repairs anyway so you could also just go play another game, forget the naming & shaming campaign and move on. Try to stay clear of those who might torp you.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,066 posts
13,987 battles
1 minute ago, ammattimies said:

Well, they can't pay for your repairs anyway so you could also just go play another game, forget the naming & shaming campaign and move on. Try to stay clear of those who might torp you.

If the behaviour of that player is changed then it's a benefit to all.  Otherwise, this game could turn into the cesspool that WoT became.

Beta Tester
450 posts
5,507 battles
1 minute ago, BrusilovX said:

If the behaviour of that player is changed then it's a benefit to all.  Otherwise, this game could turn into the cesspool that WoT became.

Yes yes yes yes ! You might get him kicked from the clan, but if you want to white knight the [edited] out of him, just talk to him yourself ingame. Remember: you're not going to get justice in a russian game, and if you manage to teach 1 player something, meanwhile 2 new weirdos emerge and carry the torch. Or you could just save yourself a lot of trouble, stop breaking the rules yourself (naming&shaming) and move the [edited] on!

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
4 minutes ago, ammattimies said:

I don't think it is about naming and shaming. No "good" clan or clan commander should tolerate members who are team killing on purpose because in the end it falls back on them. Instead, actions should be taken if the claim is backed up. Maybe a warning or two and if there are several accusations which are backed up, then an appropriate action should be kicking him out so he loses all the benefits like the clan port bonuses, the possibility to participate in clan battles etc.

Beta Tester
450 posts
5,507 battles
Just now, Tungstonid said:

I don't think it is about naming and shaming. No "good" clan or clan commander should tolerate members who are team killing on purpose because in the end it falls back on them. Instead, actions should be taken if the claim is backed up. Maybe a warning or two and if there are several accusations which are backed up, then an appropriate action should be kicking him out so he loses all the benefits like the clan port bonuses, the possibility to participate in clan battles etc.

Has nothing to do with your thinking, if you name & shame here, then it is about that.

If you feel it's a good way to spend your free time, just go troll that clan commander in private and stop accusing anyone publicly here, right?

Players
398 posts
14,246 battles

First set of torps that hit you was your fault............you turned into them instead of continuing to sail on and let them pass you

Second set that hit you was deliberate.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,066 posts
13,987 battles
6 minutes ago, Lorcan54 said:

First set of torps that hit you was your fault............you turned into them instead of continuing to sail on and let them pass you

Second set that hit you was deliberate.

BBs don't turn fast......

Players
398 posts
14,246 battles
1 hour ago, BrusilovX said:

BBs don't turn fast......

You actually turned into the first set of  torps, if you had stuck to your heading you would have missed them

Players
4,390 posts
12,087 battles

First of all I would have reported you for poor play OP. Kind of grateful to see there's still hope for me. What a lousy job you did there sailing around the islands, positioning yourself useless for over 10 minutes.

Regarding the matter at hand: those first 2 torp salvo's I can sort of give the benefit of the doubt as being it dumb but honest mistakes from that Atago. That third however seemed very deliberate. Granted: he (she?) did say sorry. But I must say you played very poorly to let that flooding going on the whole time. Yes you had a DD thread but you uselessly let your self "bleed out" for over half your ship's health. Really OP: my best advice is LTP. You're the personalized example of why BB players are being called BBabies....

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,066 posts
13,987 battles
2 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

First of all I would have reported you for poor play OP. Kind of grateful to see there's still hope for me. What a lousy job you did there sailing around the islands, positioning yourself useless for over 10 minutes.

Regarding the matter at hand: those first 2 torp salvo's I can sort of give the benefit of the doubt as being it dumb but honest mistakes from that Atago. That third however seemed very deliberate. Granted: he (she?) did say sorry. But I must say you played very poorly to let that flooding going on the whole time. Yes you had a DD thread but you uselessly let your self "bleed out" for over half your ship's health. Really OP: my best advice is LTP. You're the personalized example of why BB players are being called BBabies....

I never said that I had a good game - it wasn't anything other than a bad game even by my low standards.  I wasn't sure what to do at the start and that shows in the gameplay - I kept going to support team mates who then changed direction.

If you read my posts I was concerned by the second set that they fire my way.  When someone does that to you it makes you think that, maybe, the first set wasn't just careless play.

Edited: I won't repair team damage unless it's going to mean I get sunk (which is where I used the repair on the 2nd set of hits).   At the time I had plenty of health and there was a number of enemy ships around.  If i had used the repair I would be unable to put any fires or stop flooding.

Also, I'm not complaining about game mechanics, stealth DDs, DWT or anything other than player behaviour.

If you've watched the replay you may notice that they sail between myself and the last enemy BB probably in an attempt to get me to destroy them.  As I didn't shoot them they then sent the 2nd set of torps my way.

Sign in to follow this