Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PseudoMi

0.6.14 new rule : German BBs getting OS by USN high tier CVs

18 comments in this topic

Players
607 posts
6,283 battles

Today an Essex DB squad OSed my full life Tirpitz. I learned what’s cruiser life the hard way.

So, after last update it’s a fact : Not only Enterprise but Lexington, Essex and Midway too can and will OS German BBs with their 1000lbs AP bombs.

I realized I need to rethink my BB game style (at least the KM BB one).

I don’t think it’s a fault in 0.6.14 gameplay, it’s not a fault with WG, it’s just a new parameter in the game and I need to change my approach - to adapt. Just like CA players needs systematically to do at the beginnings.

I still am a little doubtful, what will happen when CVs will regain interest and will be met in every game ? I mean that particular threat is specific to German BBs only. Will they be ruined ? What's the sense to make them unused by BB players ?

And you, are you ready to adapt ?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles
15 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

Today a Taiho DB squad OSed my full life Tirpitz.

Taiho DBs? The combined alpha strike of both Taiho DB squads isn't enough to kill a Tirpitz even if they get citadel hits (which they cannot due to the very nature of HE bombs).

Unless ofc you got #funandengaged.

Players
723 posts
5,774 battles

Remember all those AA-related captain skills and ship modules? This is what they're for.

Also, a moving ship that's turning is harder to aim at, so you might not want to camp anymore.

• Cool 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,139 posts
11,202 battles

Tried the Lexi with AP bombs, found a lone Bismarck, manual dropped, hit 5 times behind the B turret, did 18k damage.

Them my only targets were DDs and lightly armored CAs, making the AP bombs worthless.

I rate regret/10
Would not AP bomb again.
Not when you have the glorious 1000lbs HE bomb.

Thought I wa being unfair, gave them another chance.

Kek'd a solo Bismarck for 40k in the opening minutes.
Then a lonely Arizona, in a cruel throwback.
All while hitting DDs with a TB squadron.
And trololol'ing the enemy Shokaku with a fighter squadron.

All that with a Lexington.

Being not completely pointless in a Lexi brought a tear to my eyes.
I re-rate most-beautiful-day-of-wows/10

Players
607 posts
6,283 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Taiho DBs? The combined alpha strike of both Taiho DB squads isn't enough to kill a Tirpitz even if they get citadel hits (which they cannot due to the very nature of HE bombs).

Unless ofc you got #funandengaged.

They were the new AP (not HE) bombs.

I am sure other players will report the same thing seen in game. Before this update, only Enterprise had the 1000lbs AP bombs. German BBs are now getting systematically farmed by them. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles
Just now, PseudoMi said:

They were the new AP (not HE) bombs.

Taiho, like the rest of the IJN CV line, didn't get AP bombs.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,426 posts
21,887 battles

Well, it's all part of the "Make CVs Great Again" (MCGA... not easy to say, unless you are drunk, I guess...) program.

CVs are supposed to get to the point where they were, just after release... Terror from the sky, causing fear in every mortal being on the battlefield... ah, those were the good days :Smile_Default:

[OHRIP]
Players
1,131 posts
9,817 battles
13 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Well, it's all part of the "Make CVs Great Again" (MCGA... not easy to say, unless you are drunk, I guess...) program.

CVs are supposed to get to the point where they were, just after release... Terror from the sky, causing fear in every mortal being on the battlefield... ah, those were the good days :Smile_Default:

Unless you meet any TX cruiser at which point your TVIII planes go poof faster than you can say "evasive maneuver".

Also AP DBs are useless against anything other than German BBs or has this changed?

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
1 hour ago, Exocet6951 said:

Tried the Lexi with AP bombs, found a lone Bismarck, manual dropped, hit 5 times behind the B turret, did 18k damage.

Them my only targets were DDs and lightly armored CAs, making the AP bombs worthless.

I rate regret/10
Would not AP bomb again.
Not when you have the glorious 1000lbs HE bomb.

But when RNGesus giveth, rather considerable dents in deutschland stahl can happen

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,139 posts
11,202 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

But when RNGesus giveth, rather considerable dents in deutschland stahl can happen

Yeah, I saw you nuke a Bismarck (or Tirpitz) earlier.
Was funny.

Then you hit me with 3 torpedoes. 
Less funny.
You can't cyber bully drunk people on a Friday like that :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
607 posts
6,283 battles

What's funny again for a KM BB driver trying to squeeze the last dpm from his AA : when attacked by a CV before 0.6.14 I was always Ctrl-clicking the TB squadron. Now I'm Ctrl-clicking the DB one :cap_rambo:

(when enemy USN CV)

Beta Tester
134 posts
31,320 battles

The thing I don't get is that of all th BB lines KM ones are the ones that are supposed to push and get close but they are now the primary target of the new AP bombs instead of the camping ones 

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
18 minutes ago, HMS_Britannia said:

The thing I don't get is that of all th BB lines KM ones are the ones that are supposed to push and get close but they are now the primary target of the new AP bombs instead of the camping ones 

No worries mate, with new AP bombs we hit equally hard all BBs :cap_rambo:
I know it sounds wierd but right now with midway , if you are not killed , you are damaged so hard that you run back in port. #makecarriersgreatagain is happening :D

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles
27 minutes ago, HMS_Britannia said:

WG recognized they made KM BBs too gimmicky, so they introduce another gimmick to counter them.

Is perfect sense comrade! xaxaxaxaxaxa

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

WG recognized they made KM BBs too gimmicky, so they introduce another gimmick to counter them.

Is perfect sense comrade! xaxaxaxaxaxa

whats wrong with oneshotting bbs? nothing :P i wish we had little more dmg on US BBs  :p

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,730 battles
35 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

whats wrong with oneshotting bbs?

Well, nothing, but there's a problem with AP bombs.

They're sadly inferior to HE bombs against T9+ BBs with FdG being the sole exception.

They're topkek against cruisers however if you manage to catch them with their pants down.

So unless WG gives us better AP bombs for high tier CVs I recommend using HE bombs on Essex & Midway instead. A viable case can be made only for Lexington as she meets plenty of BBs vulnerable to AP DB citadels in her MM spread.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this