Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

PA DD + CV release

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3,486 posts
15,998 battles

Thx for this combination WG. 

Midways all day. Every game. 

I am weak around the cap with my DW torpedoes, and BBs can see them miles ahead anyway with all the planes around. 

If CVs do ever get fixed, PA will be even worse than IJN.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,196 battles

Oh no finally more than a handful players play CVs in the BB-DD meta?! Its sure will be bad for the game balance!

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles

Had you grinded the line instead of freeXPing it, I'm pretty sure you'd have missed the biggest wave of Midway owners checking out their new buffed ship :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 4

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles
27 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Had you grinded the line instead of freeXPing it, I'm pretty sure you'd have missed the biggest wave of Midway owners checking out their new buffed ship :Smile-_tongue:

Cruel but true. :cap_cool:

Beta Tester
3,486 posts
15,998 battles
36 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Is Midway the only new US CV?

How is it relevant that I used freeXP to get to T8 then?

Do you even have a point, or are you just jealous? :Smile-_tongue:

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

if only they gave midway/hakuryu deep water torpedoes.. i think it would be much better for balance...

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles
7 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Why is it important that I used freeXP to get to T8 then? Do you even have a point, or are you just jealous? :Smile-_tongue:

Its important because you FreeXP-d yourself right into tiers where every potato and his dog is trying out new setups of US CV-s. Saw so many 20K average Essex-s today that i exited game.

Beta Tester
3,486 posts
15,998 battles
6 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Its important because you FreeXP-d yourself right into tiers where every potato and his dog is trying out new setups of US CV-s. Saw so many 20K average Essex-s today that i exited game.

The whole USN CV line got an overhaul. And low tier CVs are owned by more people overall. I still see no valid point. 

Btw I will not waste my time to play 12v12 PA DD. You get to a pint where you value your free time enough to spend freeXP or money on it. 

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,353 posts
26,373 battles
Just now, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

But the whole USN CV line got an overhaul. And low tier CVs are owned by more people overall. 

Also I will not waste my time to play 12v12 PA DD. You get to a pint where you value your free time enough to spend money on it. 

I know what u feel. I freexp-d to tier 9, but on higer tiers it seems alot of ppl who stopped theie "die to top tier" grind are truing again. So just adapt. Nobody is used to see so many cv-s around)my guess).

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles
26 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

How is it relevant that I used freeXP to get to T8 then?

Do you even have a point, or are you just jealous? :Smile-_tongue:

Well, you complain about Midways specifically and on lower tiers

1. there doesn't see to be THAT many CVs (much more than usual, yes, but not "every match a CV" either

2. CVs have less squadrons in general, so torps getting spotted early everywhere doesn't seem to be that much of a problem

3. Nah, I just don't feel like squandering so much free XP on a line that seems to have a bunch of nice ships to grind through without much pain :Smile_honoring:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,794 posts
12,260 battles
Just now, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Low tiers have lots of 2x CV matches.

T7/8 might be the sweetspot though. 

Yes, but these low tier CVs have few and pretty slow planes. Yes, the squadron count can be around what a single high tier CV would have, but when you add the fact that there are much less floatplanes? 2xCV matches at low tiers are common for a long time already - and yet Kamikaze is still a nice seal-clubber. And DW torps should be less vulnerable to lucky spots by planes, I think? I'm not sure about their actual air-spotting ranges.

Beta Tester
3,486 posts
15,998 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

And DW torps should be less vulnerable to lucky spots by planes, I think? I'm not sure about their actual air-spotting ranges.

No, each plane has a radius, in which it will spot any torp. 

Would be nice though. 

Sign in to follow this