Sign in to follow this  
MixuS

Clan invitation usability issues

3 comments in this topic

[POP]
Beta Tester
214 posts
9,581 battles

I would think that this is reported somewhere, but couldn't find anything...

Being a clan recruiter (insert I never asked for this -meme) I ran into a severe usability issue relating to clan invites some time ago. If you have the ability to invite people into your clan, clan invitation option appears on mouse right click context menu when clicking on people ingame or in port. It is right before the report option. Now, I don't think I need to say how terribly bad idea this is, but believe me when I say how easy it is to miss click it in the heat of the battle. This isn't even the only issue with clan invites. I once accidentally sent an invite to some total potato (and I am constantly and forever going to get ridiculed for this by my clan mates) and noticed that there is no confirmation on do you really want to invite this person. There is also no way to cancel this invite, nor is there any way to remove the invite from the invite page even after it has timed out (you can send a new invite, oh joy). So my only option was to apologize in private chat to him and ask him to not accept the invitation because then we would have to kick him (our clan is for members of certain community and their friends only, also language restricted). He didn't react however, but also did not accept the invitation.

I don't think this context menu invitation is needed, at least ingame. At the very least there has to be a confirmation and an option to cancel the invitation.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

You can't even imagine how many people have been invited to clans because they joined the division in the middle of a battle and someone wished to throw them out :cap_fainting:

[POP]
Beta Tester
214 posts
9,581 battles

That's also another wtf feature. If I play two man platoon there's almost every day at least one guy randomly joining and I can only guess that it's because of that "allow invitations to join platoon" which conveniently resets at the start of every match to "allow" even if me or my platoon mate turn it off. Playing solo it stays off.

edit: I found on NA forum that there's a lock option on divisions tab in match. Funny that iirc same kind of lock in port locks the platoon only from other clan members.

Edited by MixuS
added info

Sign in to follow this