Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Corvi

Ashitaka in the Premium Shop

38 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,902 battles

Yup, you posed the picture with a normal camo. That Makoto Kobayashi camo is so *Edited. Why WG let that *Edited guy ruin Kii and this one, too? Was he even paid for the crap he delivered?!

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks and disrespectful.
  • Cool 2

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Damn I was wrong, thought we wouldn't see her this week because of Wong River PA Cruiser as WG tend to prefer milking gaps between their Prem ship releases. @1MajorKoenig will be pleased however.

I'll be giving me her a miss. Reviews are lukewarm and there's alot of powerful BB at T7 . 

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,216 battles

If i am correct it has a lot worse accuracy then a normal Amagi and superbad AP penetration.

So the 2 things the IJN line is famous for, the accurate guns and the good AP are nerfed to the ground to fit the ship in T7, what do we have left to pay 50 euro for?

• Cool 3

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 minute ago, kfa said:

If i am correct it has a lot worse accuracy then a normal Amagi and superbad AP penetration.

So the 2 things the IJN line is famous for, the accurate guns and the good AP are nerfed to the ground to fit the ship in T7, what do we have left to pay 50 euro for?

Yeah it's a Hull A Amagi with a few small differences. 

Mutsu I actually quite like but Ashitaka occupies a far more competitive place in the tiers.

Plus it's fairly expensive when I could just play my (better) Amagi for free.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,810 posts
On 12/1/2017 at 9:42 AM, 22cm said:

That Makoto Kobayashi camo is so *Edited.

nobody forces you to see/use it...

On 12/1/2017 at 9:42 AM, 22cm said:

Why WG let that *Edited guy ruin Kii and this one, too? Was he even paid for the crap he delivered?!

his two camos are really nice and well done, something different to the normal camos...

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Have a review from NA's LWM

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/143884-premium-ship-review-ashitaka/

10 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

nobody forces you to see/use it...

his two camos are really nice and well done, something different to the normal camos...

It's the price of the camo, WG should give it away with all purchases... Not lock it behind a higher pay wall.

I am so glad my HSF Harekaze has a normal IJN Prem camo with the base package.

Beta Tester
299 posts

To a point all ships will end up just small variations of existing ones. I , for one , will not buying it.

Tirpitz and Sims is enough for my contribution to this game

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,524 battles
31 minutes ago, kfa said:

Same accuracy actually. But yes, Mutsu penetration. Comparable to Warspite/Hood penetration at all but hugging range.

Going to function a lot like Hood with garbo penetration, high speed and wide turning circle. She sacrifices the "Ohshi..." defensive AA consumable for a heavier main battery. Biggest difference aside from that is that Hood is armored all over while Ashitaka will take HE damage from everything. Oh and that visibility...

This is the stuff which makes being a collector in WoWs so hard to justify.

[DREAD]
Players
10,534 posts
7,325 battles
44 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Damn I was wrong, thought we wouldn't see her this week because of Wong River PA Cruiser as WG tend to prefer milking gaps between their Prem ship releases. @1MajorKoenig will be pleased however.

I'll be giving me her a miss. Reviews are lukewarm and there's alot of powerful BB at T7 . 

She is gorgeous!

Question: I am inclined to start playing again and pick up the Admiral bundle no 1 (just because I appreciate WG releases a dreadnought even if some spoil sports moan). However I also want the green camo - does the larger package include both camos or only the cartoonish?

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
26 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Same accuracy actually. But yes, Mutsu penetration. Comparable to Warspite/Hood penetration at all but hugging range.

Going to function a lot like Hood with garbo penetration, high speed and wide turning circle. She sacrifices the "Ohshi..." defensive AA consumable for a heavier main battery. Biggest difference aside from that is that Hood is armored all over while Ashitaka will take HE damage from everything. Oh and that visibility...

This is the stuff which makes being a collector in WoWs so hard to justify.

Ashitaka doesn't seem to have the epic tank that is Hood's speciality no. With FP and CE Hood becomes a very dangerous mid range sniper/flanker. Would Ashitaka perform as well in that role? Hood also has some pretty impressive turret angles.

[DREAD]
Players
10,534 posts
7,325 battles
5 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Ashitaka doesn't seem to have the epic tank that is Hood's speciality no. With FP and CE Hood becomes a very dangerous mid range sniper/flanker. Would Ashitaka perform as well in that role? Hood also has some pretty impressive turret angles.

Hood is a strong ship - no doubt. Actually the best British ship in the game as game design goes. Not gimmicky but special. Would've loved if the BBs would have been like her.

However, I'll find a niche for Ashitaka! Still, does anyone know if the regular green camo is included in the large bundles?

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,902 battles
41 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Question: I am inclined to start playing again and pick up the Admiral bundle no 1 (just because I appreciate WG releases a dreadnought even if some spoil sports moan). However I also want the green camo - does the larger package include both camos or only the cartoonish?

Of course the most expensive package includes both, the nice looking green normal camo and the stupid ugly cartoonish idiot-designed camo. The cheapest package has only the nice looking camo though so buy the cheapest one (ship-only) because the WG appreciation is not necessary, they only took a tier 8 stock ship already existent and made it a premium ship one tier lower, no effort needed at all. Also the ship reviews are bad.

[SATV]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
120 posts
17,125 battles

Dont dare to buy this ship..... Neither Huang Meh - both are complete garbage 

• Cool 1

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles
29 minutes ago, PricelessPlayingPancake said:

Dont dare to buy this ship..... Neither Huang Meh - both are complete garbage 

i doubt that ashitaka falls into same cathegory as huang he. shes not that bad. more like somewhere in the middle

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,118 posts
20,924 battles

All i want for Christmas is the T61.......

[DREAD]
Players
10,534 posts
7,325 battles
52 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Of course the most expensive package includes both, the nice looking green normal camo and the stupid ugly cartoonish idiot-designed camo. The cheapest package has only the nice looking camo though so buy the cheapest one (ship-only) because the WG appreciation is not necessary, they only took a tier 8 stock ship already existent and made it a premium ship one tier lower, no effort needed at all. Also the ship reviews are bad.

Thanks for the info on the package content. I absolutely love the old Amagi A (I know I am different). The ugly camo gives some XP bonus I am tempted about. I have time to decide until after work tonight though.

Modder, Supertester
1,301 posts
11,776 battles

Well....

Honestly:

I would have bought both Kii and Ashitaka...

But last time y only got it with a 100€ pricetag and this time?

They just throw more crap at you... like 6point commander and 4kdoubs...

2 things I don't really need tbh and buying the camo alone isn't possible for either Kii nor Ashitaka..

guess I will keep my money then if the offers aren't like I wanna have them..

[SATV]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
120 posts
17,125 battles
1 hour ago, puxflacet said:

i doubt that ashitaka falls into same cathegory as huang he. shes not that bad. more like somewhere in the middle

You can cit Ashitaka from 8km with Kirov, Pensacla guns . You have no aa so any carrier can just end you with no losses, your ap got less penetration than 356mm guns onFuso. Mutsu got same guns but shes tier 6 and got some meme torps if going gets tough.  Even Colorado looks good in comparision. I killed full HP Ashitaka from 12km with one Nelson AP salvo, 5 citadels with terrible pen BB gun . And its the same tier BB . Now think what ships like Missouri can do to this floating citadel 

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,569 posts
9,406 battles

PASS 

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Mutsu is T6 at least so even if the guns are meh at T6 you kinda can work with that. Tier 7? Good luck with that.

Sometimes I wonder how they don't remember why they removed the stock hulls to have the balls to put them again in the game with a pricetag.

Players
920 posts
11,130 battles

You know, I am having a bit of a cognitive dissonance as I am rather vocal about the overperforming premium ships on the sole reason that WG is viciously unwilling to directly nerf them, so any balanced (read: "meh" ) ship is most welcome.

However, as the "meh" ships probably won't sell nearly as good as the ones with the same "popularity level" but performing well, this spiral will continue and I am personally guilty in that too, as while I am enjoying a lot of "mediocre"-ish ship (like, uh, I don't know, the Mutsu, the Graf Spee, hell, even the Albany), I don't feel like throwing out a metric ton of money for an A-hull Amagi with (I guess?) Type 88 shells. So, while I am enjoying average ships, and on the other hand did not care about a lot of famously good ships (I don't have Belfast, MK, etc.), Ashitaka is just neither interesting nor good enough.

...and it's a shame, because I am eagerly awaiting for a "not good enough", but interesting IJN ship since a while.

Of course, more power to anyone buying and enjoying her, my lamentations have nothing to do with that.

Sign in to follow this