Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
USSARIZONA_2015

Atlanta or Midway?

12 comments in this topic

Players
49 posts
9,446 battles

hey there Fellas,

tomorrow (December 1st) is my birthday, and I wanted to get myself something, but i can;t decide between the USS Atlanta, or getting Free XP to get the USS Midway.

I've heard that the USS Atlanta is a fun ship, but i don't play Cruisers that often, and I've heard you need expert skills to play Atlanta, so I don't want to get something I can't play well.

On the Other Hand, The USS Midway looks to have (Somewhat) gotten better, and that 2-2-2 loadout looks very promising. However, Its T10, and its already hard enough for me to play the Essex, so i don't want to make people angry at me for when I mess up with my fighters not covering somebody at that moment or something around those lines.

so what should i get? I appreciate any thoughts or opinions anyone would like to say :)

until next post, 

USSARIZONA_2015 

Players
577 posts
12,178 battles

If my humble opinion one should always invest money only on permanent things that will increase your effort on a long run. 

Would not suggest skipping anything as it will reduce your learning time (mentioned that you already struggle with Essex), so skipping straight to Midway is definitely not a good way to go: reduced learning time, thus worse performance in t10, and investing in something you can easily do without real money.

As for the second, Atlanta is a high risk - high reward ship that requires excellent game knowledge and skills to maximize its performance. I would only suggest it to skilled cruiser players only. As I cruiser main I still refer from buying her, so as a BB player I straightly advise you not to start your cruiser career with the Atlanta.

My personal advice to you as BB player is get either the Texas or Ashitaka (t7 mm is great) as they are on sale now.

If you still want to start or focus your cruiser career start with a forgiving one (I see you already own the awesome Atago - one of my favorites) possibly in t7 mm, like the Indianapolis, or lower tier good all arounders like Grasse or Molotov. 

[FAME]
Beta Tester
803 posts
4,376 battles

I suggest getting premium account time with it. A tier 10 is worth more than any premium, but only if you can play it. Usually you will if you advanced to it normally.

Players
49 posts
9,446 battles
6 hours ago, Exohoritis said:

My personal advice to you as BB player is get either the Texas or Ashitaka (t7 mm is great) as they are on sale now.

If you still want to start or focus your cruiser career start with a forgiving one (I see you already own the awesome Atago - one of my favorites) possibly in t7 mm, like the Indianapolis, or lower tier good all arounders like Grasse or Molotov. 

I Already have the Texas, and while its true I have the Atago, I also Have the Murmansk, Cleveland (I used to have Pensacola, but sold it to wait for the split.), the Indianapolis, and The ARP cruisers, which makes me wonder why you said starting my Cruiser career. (no offense I hope!)

Also, I really don't want another BB, as most of my port is filled with them.

Players
118 posts
On 01/12/2017 at 9:48 AM, Exohoritis said:

As for the second, Atlanta is a high risk - high reward ship that requires excellent game knowledge and skills to maximize its performance. I would only suggest it to skilled cruiser players only.

Excellent game knowledge? Whats so complicated with "Always have an island between you and any enemy with guns"?

All Atlanta needs is a ten point captain (for CE) and the willingness to watch a few youtube videos get an idea about how to play it. I would recommend it.

• Cool 1

[TAYTO]
Players
841 posts
9,031 battles
On 01/12/2017 at 1:32 AM, USSARIZONA_2015 said:

hey there Fellas,

tomorrow (December 1st) is my birthday, and I wanted to get myself something, but i can;t decide between the USS Atlanta, or getting Free XP to get the USS Midway.

I've heard that the USS Atlanta is a fun ship, but i don't play Cruisers that often, and I've heard you need expert skills to play Atlanta, so I don't want to get something I can't play well.

On the Other Hand, The USS Midway looks to have (Somewhat) gotten better, and that 2-2-2 loadout looks very promising. However, Its T10, and its already hard enough for me to play the Essex, so i don't want to make people angry at me for when I mess up with my fighters not covering somebody at that moment or something around those lines.

so what should i get? I appreciate any thoughts or opinions anyone would like to say :)

until next post, 

USSARIZONA_2015 

Belated happy birthday :Smile_honoring:

I splashed out on Atlanta, despite being more of a DD player.

I swapped my Cleveland captain in her and trained him up to 19 skills and had a lot of fun on the way.

As said above, she's great when you get her right (and have an island between you and the enemy) but she's a real giggle even when you get her wrong. Run Adrenaline Rush and you have near machine gun rates of fire. Just do it!

Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
On 12/2/2017 at 11:47 AM, Titan_net said:

Excellent game knowledge? Whats so complicated with "Always have an island between you and any enemy with guns"?

All Atlanta needs is a ten point captain (for CE) and the willingness to watch a few youtube videos get an idea about how to play it. I would recommend it.

really? pfahaahhaahaah

yeah take CE before AFT

btw  when ur behind island u have a lot of C

did u have any idea how limited is that ship even with 13km fire range

when BB is running away at 12kms ur shels cant reach him in time also aiming for ss/deck eats a lot of range now tell me how many islands are there that u can spam shells over at under 10km targets and ur safe

all u need is 10p cap and youtube^^

:Smile_medal:

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles

Lolanta is fun ship, but she is quite skill sensitive and she needs kinda dedicated captain, though typical USN cruiser build works decent enough.

AFT on her is damned if you do, damned if you don't. Dual Purpose Mortars makes battleships only viable target at 12km+ but at least you can try to bother them at all.

Players
118 posts
On 06/12/2017 at 2:17 AM, _VAMPA_ said:

yeah take CE before AFT

No Sir, don't take AFT at all. 

(Since detection is now based on gun range the stock range makes it easier to shoot ships without being detected, especially smoked destroyers)

did u have any idea how limited is that ship even with 13km fire range

when BB is running away at 12kms ur shels cant reach him in time also aiming for ss/deck eats a lot of range now tell me how many islands are there that u can spam shells over at under 10km targets and ur safe

That is mostly correct if you want to get cool/huge damage numbers by burning down battleships. 

If you are content with sneaking around and killing destroyers & overextending cruisers you can be just as useful (or even more?) to your team and it is much easier to play. 

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I'd take AFT as a luxury Atlanta skill.

Then you can do unspeakable things to CV planes...

It's not essential however no.

Players
1,285 posts
7,109 battles

I think I use IFHE on my Manlanta captain.

It was actually my first premium. Without being experienced enough in cruisers I managed to get an acceptable winrate while my other stats in the ship are bad. Now I'm more experienced, maybe it's time to play the ship again.

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles

...and the kind of immense FAST shootouts one can do with his/hers Atlanta?!..google for and watch this YT-clip...tells it all!! Atlanta (Trinity) in division here with BB (Bud Spencer):

Gun-slap scene from Trinity

Still wonder why Atlanta (VII) is my favourite ship? Ship = FUN..BIG TIME!:cap_rambo::cap_like:

Sign in to follow this