You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ClappingLollies

WG fix [edited]BB AP against DDs already

278 comments in this topic

Players
1,911 posts

Why does it take that long to fix BB AP against DD's? Everyone that is not a BBkevin agrees it's retarded. Hell i even think its mong when i delete DD's with my Montana. From full HP. With AP!!!! 

And no they/we do not over extend WG. I know that was a thing before you realized it was a problem. 

Get on it already!!!!! 

• Cool 10

Players
1,911 posts
3 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Too busy lowering the citadel of whatever battleship is most in need of love.

Yeah. CuZ why haf citadels on BBs??? 

Nothing should be able to hurt them. 

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,632 posts
13,570 battles
Just now, MortenTardo said:

inb4 PA torps get nerfed before BB AP on DDs

• Cool 2

Players
4,591 posts
7,604 battles
12 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Otherwise they camp, BB should be invincible so they don't have to camp (but they will anyway).

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

I really find it funny how it took you people 2 years to notice how BB AP wrecks DDs and suddenly it's a problem :cap_haloween:

If you can search up some of my first posts / comments on Forums you'd see that one of my advices for BBs tended to be something like "Fire at DDs, even if you have AP loaded. Shaving off almost 10% of their health with 1 overpen is more than good enough, and there is always a chance to get a pen for much more dmg" :cap_like:

• Cool 2

Players
4,591 posts
7,604 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I really find it funny how it took you people 2 years to notice how BB AP wrecks DDs and suddenly it's a problem :cap_haloween:

I guess it's the way the game has developed over the last 18 months. DD used to be all about torpedoing BB where chances were BB would never see let alone fire at DD, now WG have nerfed torpedo gameplay so that DD are more about suicidal knife-fights with other DD around cap circles and all of a sudden BB AP becomes the major threat.

• Cool 2

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

It's the irony that quite often it's the dodge that gets you into trouble as you've angled your DD so the armour is thicker. It's almost better sailing full broadside unless you've noticed so early that you can turn completely out of the way of BB shells...

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,632 posts
13,570 battles
Just now, Negativvv said:

It's the irony that quite often it's the dodge that gets you into trouble as you've angled your DD so the armour is thicker. It's almost better sailing full broadside unless you've noticed so early that you can turn completely out of the way of BB shells...

At least KM dds don't face that dilemma :Smile_coin:

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
9 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

I guess it's the way the game has developed over the last 18 months. DD used to be all about torpedoing BB where chances were BB would never see let alone fire at DD, now WG have nerfed torpedo gameplay so that DD are more about suicidal knife-fights with other DD around cap circles and all of a sudden BB AP becomes the major threat.

I guess. Back when there still was the +/-3 MM.. while I was grinding through Kongo and Fuso - already then I freely executed any DD who dared to come close :cap_like:

Imagine my surprise when suddenly a thing that was so obvious to me became a popular problem out of nowhere :cap_wander_2:

9 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

it's the balance between bigger (broadside) and longer (perpendicular) target. Broadside generally means more hits, but longer target gives the shell a better chance to explode inside

Speaking of DD armour and BB AP, assuming you can hit a Khaba with a Conq -> her 50mm armour in combination with Conqs sAP can produce devastating shortenings for the Khabas life expectancy :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
2,576 posts
31 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Just browse older threads. This issue has been going on for months.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
3 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Just browse older threads. This issue has been going on for months.

And yet those few months are way less than the 2+ years that the game has been here :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
2,576 posts
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

And yet those few months are way less than the 2+ years that the game has been here :cap_like:

Point being? :Smile_Default:

Players
1,776 posts
11,874 battles
2 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Why does it take that long to fix BB AP against DD's.

WG already answered this question. It's not as simple as changing 2 lines of code and it's done, but it's to rebalance the shell balistics, which is pretty much the core of the game and everything revolve around this. Tiny changes there can have a huge impact on the whole game and doing changes with a rush might result in a completely screwed up game.

[THESO]
Players
4,557 posts

"i play BBs, cause i am a shy person and i like to stay in the back". ™ Guess who said it ;)

Players
4,591 posts
7,604 battles
3 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

WG already answered this question. It's not as simple as changing 2 lines of code and it's done, but it's to rebalance the shell balistics, which is pretty much the core of the game and everything revolve around this. Tiny changes there can have a huge impact on the whole game and doing changes with a rush might result in a completely screwed up game.

Possible, but it surely wouldn't be that difficult to make AP pens in DD cause 10% damage or maybe limit the damage per shell to 10% of DD HP.

If this were a BB issue it would have been solved already.

• Cool 3

Players
1,776 posts
11,874 battles
50 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

"i play BBs, cause i am a shy person and i like to stay in the back". ™ Guess who said it ;)

Luckily not me :Smile-_tongue:

Spoiler

notme.png

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,557 posts
9 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Luckily not me :Smile-_tongue:

Reveal hidden contents

notme.png

Ill give you a hint.

Spoiler

Players
2,446 posts

I play Destroyers and have always known the Battleships shells kill...surprise surprise if you get a full salvo on your ship you're dead...no surprise really just sarcasm..

So as a Destroyer captain I play my little ship so that they cannot land a full salvo...

I don't see a problem with the Battleships and if they want to camp it makes it much easier to kill them because against an Island they cannot evade torpedoes or my guns firing from smoke.

Leave the BB shells as they are all you have to do as a destroyer captain is use that stuff between your ears and get out and kill them. You have to win the game...not have it nerf handed to you on a plate...stop whining get sinking.

Also, you have concealment and in most, not all, DD's it gives you the chance to sneak in to fire the torpedoes into the belly of the enemy... The only way I see BB shells a problem is if you have a captain who doesn't understand strategy and goes gung ho into the enemy without thinking.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
7 posts
10,734 battles
On 12/1/2017 at 7:23 AM, nambr9 said:

This *Edited sentence really triggered me. I mean do the devs really think that this ship class should be played that way ? It would not surprise me to be honest. But i would like to know so I can spare time at ranting about sniping BBs.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Players
182 posts
3,092 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I play Destroyers and have always known the Battleships shells kill...surprise surprise if you get a full salvo on your ship you're dead...no surprise really just sarcasm..

So as a Destroyer captain I play my little ship so that they cannot land a full salvo...

I don't see a problem with the Battleships and if they want to camp it makes it much easier to kill them because against an Island they cannot evade torpedoes or my guns firing from smoke.

Leave the BB shells as they are all you have to do as a destroyer captain is use that stuff between your ears and get out and kill them. You have to win the game...not have it nerf handed to you on a plate...stop whining get sinking.

Also, you have concealment and in most, not all, DD's it gives you the chance to sneak in to fire the torpedoes into the belly of the enemy... The only way I see BB shells a problem is if you have a captain who doesn't understand strategy and goes gung ho into the enemy without thinking.

The thing is that if you play the objective (as in capping and spotting, not just farm damage being useless) you will end up in lots of knife fights, and when in the middle of said knife fight BB salvo from unspotted BB blaps you for 15k it can be frustrating.. It's good thing that BBs actually shoot at DDs now and don't just ignore them but I fully support removing full pens from BB AP against DDs, overpens are fine and you still can do massive amount of damage if you hit lots of shells, meaning you can still protect yourself against rushing DDs.

• Cool 1

Players
2,446 posts

I cap, I spot and I kill... the trick is not to be detected then you will not be surprised. If you are detected you get out of detection range fast and watch for the fall of shot because almost all DD's can avoid anything but the occasional hit... It sounds like people are not using their Destroyers to their best attributes and are complaining when a BB salvo kills them. I know the strengths and weaknesses of all my Destroyers and it is not often a BB kills me.

My Tier X Destroyers and my Tier IX have the maximum concealment available and so I play to that... the only thing that gets me caught is Radar or Hydro..but even that can be avoided if you know which ships have it and what range it is active.. Other than that as I said, i cap, I spot and I hit and run if detected wiggling your backside as you flee...

As a BB player my secondaries are always locked to the nearest Destroyer so I don't worry so much and my guns are pretty accurate if I have nothing else to shoot at... Adapt, learn and survive.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,027 posts
16,485 battles

Whats the problem with BB AP against DD? Maybe lower the initial damage of everything else as well? Lets say, cut all the shell/torp/bomb damage by half, increase all ship HP by ~20%, game time to 1 hour, and have fun matches afterwards?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,247 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

That must be the guy who told people at the office that Conqueror needed more than 24km range and the T10 French BB more than 26km