Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sisito0o

What targets can AP bombs hit

6 comments in this topic

[BGNAV]
Players
268 posts
3,354 battles

First, what damage will those bombs do against destroyers, and after that against cruisers ? What is the criteria to determine who will be hit hard by them ?

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Erm RNG I guess?

I slapped a Shima for 5k in one Enterprise DB pass. But it's not reliable damage.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

What they can hit? Everything. Or sometimes nothing. Depends on your RNG really

As for dmg - on most targets it will probably be some pitiful overpen scraps, but every now and then you'll citadel someone unlucky enough for a massive oneshot

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,596 posts
20,739 battles

Tech tree AP bombs have a much smaller manual drop circle than Enterprise ones. You can fairly reliably slap around DDs for 1-5k damage with it, which is about the same as you'd get with IJN DBs.

As the guys said before me, they can technically speaking hit everything, but I found they have the most one-shot potential against:

- Gneisenau/Scharnhorst

- Bismarck/Tirpitz

- Fuso

- Nagato

- Queen Elizabeth (and in extension probably Warspite as well, though I haven't been able to test that yet)

They're also good against most high tier cruisers (though you usually never want to attack them), such as:

- T9+ IJN cruisers

- T8+ French cruisers

- T9+ USN cruisers

- Moskva

German ones are interestingly fairly resistant.

[BGNAV]
Players
268 posts
3,354 battles

And so do you use them now in your US Carriers ? Because it will cost me 2 millions to buy them for Midway but I am saving credits for another ship.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,596 posts
20,739 battles
32 minutes ago, sisito0o said:

And so do you use them now in your US Carriers ? Because it will cost me 2 millions to buy them for Midway but I am saving credits for another ship.

Tl;dr: Use HE bombs for Essex & Midway. AP bombs are a valid option for Lexington only.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this