Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PseudoMi

Will IJN CVs also get reworked ?

11 comments in this topic

Players
607 posts
6,354 battles

Many CV players are saying that following the USN CVs rework, high-tier IJN CV players will eat them for lunch. Is it true and is a mirrored IJN CV rework needed ?

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

Why would the balance change? US layout gets kind of improved and AS lost games before and is removed too?

Hoping the remove AS decks from jpn too.

Players
2,710 posts
11,390 battles

Ok for the last time this is not a major nerf to USN CV, it is a buff. While the striking power of the Lexington and Essex is slightly nerfed as a result of losing that 3rd DB, it improves the overall situation of the USN CV line. Shokaku only has 6 squadrons of planes, so 1 fighter squadron from the Lexington played well enough can actually take it on. The problem is that with the 1/1/1 Lexi, it's striking power is negligible given high tier AA. With a 1/1/2 loadout, it can stack the 2 DB to get through an enemy's AA and bomb it. The problem with Taiho is that with only 1 fighter squadron it is difficult to deal with 7 squadron of planes now, especially when the planes are faster. So a 2/1/2 Essex, while able to deal decent strikes on enemy ships unlike the old 2/1/1 stock Essex, can also stop enemy Taihos now. That is why presumably WG gave it lower tier fighters so that IJN CV players will not cry that much when now they suddenly have to deal with an Essex that can both strike targets and provide good air cover. And I believe I don't have to elaborate much on a 2/2/2 Midway. While at first glance having 2 TB squad comes off as overpowered, those 2 TB squad are actually pretty balanced. If you play well those 2 TB squad will reward you. If you foolishly think that you can now charge into a bunch of enemy AA and then land a devastating strike , you'll have to think again. In the context of being balanced against the Haku, it gives more striking power while retaining 2 fighter squad. So I really don't see how high tier IJN CVs will eat them for lunch. In fact if anything at tier 9 a 2/1/2 Essex will now eat Taihos for lunch and you may see more Taihos play 3/2/2 because they can't deal with 2 USN fighter squad along with its 3 strike squadron.

Edit:

PS: IJN do not need any rework apart from perhaps removing the IJN AS deck like what return33 has said. Thinking about it, I'll say just for Haku since it's AS deck has 4 fighter squad and it retains a decent strike package of 2 TB and 2 DB. AS decks below the Taiho are balanced against having weak striking power and Taiho will probably need it when all those poor IJN captains who can't deal with the change have to play AS Taiho :Smile_trollface:. In any case, IJN decks have all along been very "balanced" with their supposed "strike" deck being the all purpose balance loadout.

Let it be noted that i foresee some people complaining that Taihos have become unplayable against an Essex once the patch hits:Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 4

Beta Tester, Players
714 posts

Okay ..... TAKE NOTE !..... 

The changes to the US CVs in 6.14 is NOT !!!!!!!! a rework ..... it was made to make them more play able(WG quote) ....... SO the anser is YES the CV rework is still coming(WG quote) .....

Mang 

Beta Tester, Players
714 posts
36 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

But Haku's loadout of 2-3-3 or 4-2-2 tier X planes isn't superior to Midway's 2-2-2 tier VIII planes ?

what are you talking about ? the midway has tir 10 figthers tir 8 torp bombers and tir 10 bombers 

mang

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,838 battles

Everyone who says that the IJN carriers will eat USN carriers for lunch is objectively wrong and should be treated as such. The air command of the Midway, already superior to the Hakuryu, will now be complimented by the fact that the Midway will unequivocally eclipse the Hakuryu in both striking power and air control. The tier 8 torpedo bombers will struggle against Conquerors and Montanas, but if used to follow up a dive bomber strike will result in just about anything else that's not a high tiered cruiser or defensive AA armed Grozhevoi or Gearing being ripped to pieces which the Hakuryu can't boast as she loses out in both the alpha damage of each separate torpedo bomber and the tightness of the drop that would make it far easier for a Midway to put an end to a destroyer's shenanigans. A Taiho is at least somewhat balanced with the Essex. The Taihou maintains superior striking weight and the ability to better deal with destroyers whilst the Essex will dominate in aerial point command. She can't chase down the Taiho's fighters however, meaning that she will have to play somewhat more defensively and one torpedo bomber means that her strike weight is considerably lower even with the vastly superior dive bombers. The Midway and the Hakuryuu right now are in a state that somewhat resembles balance, the next patch will result in that advantage entirely tipping in the Midway's favor.

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

I do hope that with the removal of US AS builds soon after IJN will lose their AS aswell. Then again, Saipan being a premium will keep his 3-0-1 screwing the system :fish_palm:

Altho I guess now we'll have time for revenge, where IJN CVs will be able to go AS and bully around poor US CVs and their single fighter :cap_haloween:

Players
1,426 posts
9,048 battles

I'm quite scared of the posibility that USN carrier players would complain that with the change the IJN carriers are OP and due those crying noobs WG would end nerfing IJN carriers.

I already kicked AS Bogue's asses with my Zuiho... Now it would be much easier to do it and probably they will start complain about that.

Sign in to follow this