Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
POSEIDON_II

Ships weapons

27 comments in this topic

Players
1,064 posts
4,944 battles

Thanks for your quality posts. Your profound knowledge and detailed analysis of complex game mechanics are really shining a new light on previously undiscussed topics.

• Cool 21

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,097 posts
13,767 battles
5 minutes ago, POSEIDON_II said:

weapons on this ships in this game starts to be silly BBs with torpedos OMG

You mean Tirpitz, Mutsu, Scharnhorst and Kii which had torpedoes historically and are in game for ages?

Players
8,241 posts
11,863 battles

OP should pick up a history book or go to a naval museum yes...

In fact more BB would have torps if the game was historically accurate :cap_book:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,170 posts
21,674 battles
43 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

OP should pick up a history book or go to a naval museum yes...

In fact more BB would have torps if the game was historically accurate :cap_book:

Yep.. As for Hydro.. would be fun if it only worked if you were going Half speed or less...

At full speed ships own cavitation would make it almost useless.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
31,114 posts
15,723 battles
1 hour ago, POSEIDON_II said:

We have too many silly people on the forum and in game.

• Cool 1

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
1 hour ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

You mean Tirpitz, Mutsu, Scharnhorst and Kii which had torpedoes historically and are in game for ages?

umm.... define "for ages" for me plz?

Also, the historically-card, besides beeing bs always, doesnt hold up, since many cruisers, which had torps, dont have them in wows. Where is you logic now....

1 hour ago, POSEIDON_II said:

and BBs with hydros

you forgot radar.

2,097 posts
13,767 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

umm.... define "for ages" for me plz?

Tirpitz: 2015
Scharnhorst: August 2016
Mutsu: February 2017
Kii: September 2017 (ok, this is quite recent)

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
2 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

thats why I marked those 2, its anything but "for ages" to me. I personally find Torps on BBs stupid. Catering to the broadmass of brainless players, that want everything in one ship. Writing this, I however had an idea: BBs should have deepwatertorps, now that they are in game. Nothing more stupid then a BB torping a DD, that was risking his life in a rush.

2,097 posts
13,767 battles
8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

thats why I marked those 2, its anything but "for ages" to me. I personally find Torps on BBs stupid. Catering to the broadmass of brainless players, that want everything in one ship. Writing this, I however had an idea: BBs should have deepwatertorps, now that they are in game. Nothing more stupid then a BB torping a DD, that was risking his life in a rush.

This idea makes perfectly sense imho.

But I guess the number of DDs being torpedoed by a BB to death is quite rare to none - or I am sure.

Nevertheless as all are Premiums and this feature is not "OP" for me I do not see a reason to change it.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,170 posts
21,674 battles

Please Lets Not get back in to what ships had Torps.. this has been gone over again and again and again.

Torpedoes that are non trainable are not in game.. Reason 

Well historically it was found non trainable tubes proved almost useless on any thing other than submarines and Fast Attack Boats.

about the only times these non trainable tubes worked was against a ship dead in the water, Bismark by HMS Rodney (12 launched 1 hit) and SMS Emden when she attacked an Anchored Russian ship Zhemchug at a range of 300M.

These are the only 2 i can think of.. anybody?

• Cool 1

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Nothing more stupid satisfying then a BB torping a DD

When the little DD goes around an island torps you at 3km, you cut engine, full turn into him and torp, he eats the torp you dodge all or almost all of them.

Chat: "WHO IS THE DD NOW EH? YOU LITTLE BIATCH"

Torping yolo DDs with a BB is one of the best feelings ingame.

• Cool 1

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles

@Migulaitor Pretty much like the BB using Radar "WHO IS THE CA NOW EH" or the BB shooting down all planes from the sky in an instand "WHO IS THE CV NOW EH" or the BB using Hydro to spot and dodge all the torps "WHOS THE CL NOW EH" [continue with other gadgets, that once where assigned to a certain class but got put on BBs just to make Mr. Derpi Derpi have fun while drooling on the floor].

• Cool 1

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

@Migulaitor Pretty much like the BB using Radar "WHO IS THE CA NOW EH" or the BB shooting down all planes from the sky in an instand "WHO IS THE CV NOW EH" or the BB using Hydro to spot and dodge all the torps "WHOS THE CL NOW EH" [continue with other gadgets, that once where assigned to a certain class but got put on BBs just to make Mr. Derpi Derpi have fun while drooling on the floor].

But there is a diference, torps are only good against BBs, you have a little amount (max 4) short range (6km  except on single launcher, I think its 8km) so if you manage to torp something else than a BB you are rushing is because the enemy made a huge mistake.

They are very situational and even more fun. And if you want to use your torps you need to go forward, not snipe at the back, not like broken AA to camp alone.

Im fine with torps on BBs, no hydro/radar/brutalAA.

[SLAPP]
Players
1,524 posts
9,537 battles
4 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Catering to the broadmass of brainless players

their short range torpedos IF annything else this should encourage the BBs to get close and tank.

OFC the braindead part comes from them suiciding in and dying instantly.

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Spoiler

birdigatorv0ct.jpg

BBs get morphed with the weirdest Consumables nowadays. I can't wait to see the first BB with smoke..... (and no the fact that they might've said "this won't happen" doesn't count as they said the same thing about DDs with radar.... and then USS Black happened.... and PA DDs followed)

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
6 hours ago, POSEIDON_II said:

6 hours ago, POSEIDON_II said:

and BBs with hydros

Just wait for the BB with radar then.

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
51 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Missouri? :cap_old:

Yup, since he forgot to mention BBs with radar I guess it will be fun when OP faces one and returns here crying because omg no one knows the horror he just have seen or that BBs are OP yet.

[SLAPP]
Players
1,524 posts
9,537 battles

the fun thing is most ppl dont even know how to play  bbs. you see enough missouris snipe in the back while they never use their radar.

imagine the horrors when they do find out how to play bbs.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
13 minutes ago, lameoll said:

the fun thing is most ppl dont even know how to play  bbs. you see enough missouris snipe in the back while they never use their radar.

imagine the horrors when they do find out how to play bbs.

Still Missouri radar is HIGHLY situational. I cant use it in every game. Even used it a couple of times when i couldnt shoot the enemy myself. Best one was a NCal or Iowa rushing down our mahan in smoke. I popped Radar behind an island, and Mahan just blasted him away with torps :cap_haloween:

Players
8,241 posts
11,863 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Still Missouri radar is HIGHLY situational. I cant use it in every game. Even used it a couple of times when i couldnt shoot the enemy myself. Best one was a NCal or Iowa rushing down our mahan in smoke. I popped Radar behind an island, and Mahan just blasted him away with torps :cap_haloween:

Missouri radar is a trump card much like Tirp's torp launchers. 

All the sniper potatoes failing to understand that Missouri main gun accuracy is supreme at roughly her minimum detection range.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
109 posts
8,365 battles
9 hours ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

Tirpitz: 2015
Scharnhorst: August 2016

U forgot Gneisenau :cap_haloween:

Spoiler

I remember torping DD's that were rushing me multiple times in this magnificent ship :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1