You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Drunken_Jedi

Blocked on Twitter for critiquing the game...

52 comments in this topic

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

So, amusing little story. The WoWS Twitter account posed a question asking how you would describe the game to a friend. So, feeling a little vexed that evening I put forward my opinion on the matter in a polite way. :cap_tea:

"A PvP game where power creep is king, the player base is mentally challenged and WG can't help but cater to the lowest common denominator (Battleship Babies) at the expense of pretty much every other class = bad game balance. Oh and don't forget those overpriced premium bundles!"

Would have liked to phrase certain things better, seems that even with 280 characters you can't say what you really want to lol. Turns out they didn't like my opinion, and blocked me from viewing their account or replying to any tweets they make (although I can still see them via google searches and on other app's). Found it mildly amusing that a company would take such direct measures to criticism on social media... question... does this count as stifling free speech in an attempt to promote their product while silencing anyone who would share a negative opinion on the matter?

Is there a thing on Twitters TOS agreement to stuff like that *curious*... :cap_yes:

Fully expect this thread to get nuked by the mods, but thought it might provide some amusement for my fellow captains.

Have a good day! :cap_cool:

• Cool 11

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Would have been really fun to search the excuse for it if you just cut out of that the mental capacity estimation of the average player.

Which probably was the cause.

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,149 posts
12,356 battles

5 minutes ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

"A PvP game where power creep is king, the player base is mentally challenged and WG can't help but cater to the lowest common denominator (Battleship Babies) at the expense of pretty much every other class = bad game balance. Oh and don't forget those overpriced premium bundles!"

Your explanation is spot on, in fact it can be used everywhere EXCEPT.....

on WG's own forums, Twitter feed, Facebook page, etc. Though shalt not criticise them who hath created this mess'th

• Cool 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Well, they asked to share my opinion... so I did. :cap_like: (believe me, there are far worse things that could be said!)

It's not like I was rude or anything... there are mentally challenged people playing this game. Or is that the developers? I don't know these days with the "balance" passes they're making :cap_haloween: (I jest of course...). 

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
24 minutes ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

...Found it mildly amusing that a company would take such direct measures to criticism on social media... .

Have you forgot their response to iChase?  Why should they act when the can overreact.  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 5

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Polite?

Talking to you must be fun....

Would you say my assessment was incorrect then? Is the player base incredibly capable and always there to land a helping hand (with a friendly set of torpedoes?). Or that WG haven't consistently altered game balance for the worse with their incessant BB buffs (direct or indirect) with every patch?

Or are you a BB main? :cap_yes:

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles

Here good sir(or gal), have a medal. :Smile_medal:

Not even being sarcastic, you win.

If you are thin skinned, you should not frequent the internet.

EDIT: Also, inb4thelock & prompt deletion

• Cool 2

Players
140 posts
11,181 battles

Jedi come back to Haifu/Blumr we miss you :(

And I don't think they blocked you for any special reason. They surely get a lot of actual trolls, so they block people who criticize the game too hard so they don't have to deal with them. After all, they have every right to block you if they want.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,314 battles

The highlighted part is what did it. Also why are you complaining about premium bundles when WG for atleast the past year have been selling standard options with the the Ship by itself and a port slot?

It's not like I was rude or anything

if that youor idea of not being rude, i hate to see what your idea of being rude is.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Sigh... have none of you engaged in a little light banter before? Hard to believe people can take such a thing and make it out like I just completely went on a rant or something. Again I'll ask you if you disagree with my statement, I'd love to hear a counter argument to how amazingly "talented" the player base at large is...

As for WG the offerings of stand alone stuff... I guess you missed the $900 bundle for WoT in NA the other day... :cap_money:

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
31,091 posts
15,723 battles
1 hour ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

Would you say my assessment was incorrect then? Is the player base incredibly capable and always there to land a helping hand (with a friendly set of torpedoes?). Or that WG haven't consistently altered game balance for the worse with their incessant BB buffs (direct or indirect) with every patch?

Or are you a BB main? :cap_yes:

It was excessive.

[CATS]
Players
31,091 posts
15,723 battles

There was some truth to it.

But Power Creep is not King. Otherwise the French Cruisers would dominate the cruiser world. They do not. German DD are not dominating all other DD either.

And you are part of the players base too...

Beta Tester
1,050 posts
11,977 battles

I got banned from their Facebook page for my opinions on the way  the game was going. Poor little snowflakes can't take a little heat. (Expects another forum ban in 5,4,3,2,1)

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

?

Power creep is a very real thing. Notice the AA values on the Lyon? It's a t7 AA monster...

Also, the French CL's were a failure from the beginning tbh. WG just didn't know what they were doing on that one. (Except for the Emile Bertin... christ that things OP)

RN BB's though? That was power creep idolised in a single line. Cruiser concealment, zombie heal... Montana HE in tier IV. Remember they wanted to slap Radar on those suckers too! Is Balans Comrade! Btw... what's a Montana? Food?

Players
8,241 posts
11,863 battles

My slightly nasty comments get taken off the news site sometimes, none have been as frank as yours though.

I'd agree with it anyway...

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,149 posts
12,356 battles
23 minutes ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

Sigh... have none of you engaged in a little light banter before? Hard to believe people can take such a thing and make it out like I just completely went on a rant or something. Again I'll ask you if you disagree with my statement, I'd love to hear a counter argument to how amazingly "talented" the player base at large is...

As for WG the offerings of stand alone stuff... I guess you missed the $900 bundle for WoT in NA the other day... :cap_money:

Banter? Being part french myself I once engaged in a very innocent form of banter about the french and got awarded two points by a moderator a long while back, thereby contributing to a year long ban from the forums which took me months and months and months to have withdrawn. I may have been part guilty in my last offence, but this particular one was banter which sadly was not banter in the eye of the moderator. Some text is misinterpreted by some and some people here are overly-politically correct with a poor sense of humour, or perhaps have developed heightened sensitivities toward certain humour due to subjective experiences and are thus unable to interpret the particular phrase in the context it may have been meant. Deep stuff, but true.

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,863 battles
2 minutes ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

?

Power creep is a very real thing. Notice the AA values on the Lyon? It's a t7 AA monster...

Also, the French CL's were a failure from the beginning tbh. WG just didn't know what they were doing on that one. (Except for the Emile Bertin... christ that things OP)

RN BB's though? That was power creep idolised in a single line. Cruiser concealment, zombie heal... Montana HE in tier IV. Remember they wanted to slap Radar on those suckers too! Is Balans Comrade! Btw... what's a Montana? Food?

Hmm AA has crept up over time I think yes...

I don't see the point of investing time into French Cruisers no. They feel like RU ones with worse gun velocity and more ship speed?

RN BB outside of Prem ones are fairly horrid in my eyes. Just stay angled and shoot anything you want. Removes the fun of BBs and their AP nukes. Although you don't remember that thread saying Monty was op? Was a few weeks ago and that OP had some sort of disassociation disorder...

[CATS]
Players
31,091 posts
15,723 battles
5 minutes ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

?

You cannot claim something and then ignore all the exceptions...

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
17 minutes ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

Hey, I didn't say I disagree with you or anything. Even lately I can be a little more harsh that usual even if I still try to behave a bit because if I said everything I think I'd also would be banned tomorrow, but yeah, as I said in my first post I agree with Captain_Placeholder, but that's what I said it was a shame you just mentioned the players. It would have been amusing to see what their great reason to ban your comment would have been if it wasn't for that.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,404 posts
7,307 battles

At some point companies may learn that publicly asking "how would you describe..." or "what should we name our......" will always get bad responses no matter what your product is

• Cool 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles
1 minute ago, Negativvv said:

Hmm AA has crept up over time I think yes...

I don't see the point of investing time into French Cruisers no. They feel like RU ones with worse gun velocity and more ship speed?

RN BB outside of Prem ones are fairly horrid in my eyes. Just stay angled and shoot anything you want. Removes the fun of BBs and their AP nukes. Although you don't remember that thread saying Monty was op? Was a few weeks ago and that OP had some sort of disassociation disorder...

I've barely frequented the forums for the last 40 days so have missed out on the drama. Haven't even logged in for over a month. Have more important things to devote my time to, pretty much given up on most MMO's for now. The gaming industry for the most part is becoming a toxic cesspool... but I digress...

I think the whole issue with the RN BB's was for the reason you state, it removed any need to think and just spam HE for the win.

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
1 minute ago, Xevious_Red said:

At some point companies may learn that publicly asking "how would you describe..." or "what should we name our......" will always get bad responses no matter what your product is

Guess so, specially some with questionable decisions about how to make their product appealing and things like that.

Players
8,241 posts
11,863 battles
Just now, Drunken_Jedi said:

I've barely frequented the forums for the last 40 days so have missed out on the drama. Haven't even logged in for over a month. Have more important things to devote my time to, pretty much given up on most MMO's for now. The gaming industry for the most part is becoming a toxic cesspool... but I digress...

I think the whole issue with the RN BB's was for the reason you state, it removed any need to think and just spam HE for the win.

Well at least WoWS isn't an EA product lel

:cap_like:

• Cool 1