You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fisgas_13

Inconsistent damage values for the Indianapolis

12 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
1,913 battles

I was playing my Indianapolis and i was noticing some very strange fluctuations on the damage values for my shells, so i decided to go ahead and took some pictures (forgive the guerrilla type phone screenshots). Notice the different values of what the damage the shells are supposed to do in port vs what it says when i'm in battle. I had a game before that one where it was much less, like AP doing only 2100 damage but i didn't think about taking a screenshot of that one. Can someone explain to me exactly why this disparity is happening? Is this a bug or some other issue?

20171128_204227.jpg

20171128_204215.jpg

20171128_203601.jpg

20171128_203544.jpg

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,120 posts
22,898 battles

Made a control check for the Aoba and then checked the Indianapolis, both ships had the same values in port and in battle.

So there must be something wrong on your side.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

UI bug.

If i were to venture a guess, you played the Nürnberg prior to that game in your Indianapolis (or had been checking it out right before the match, who knows what exactly triggers that bug), because those gun stats (1700 HE alpha, 3900 AP alpha, 6,3 seconds reload and 16,5km range) are from the Nürnberg though I'd have to ask why you'd use the Main Battery Modification to increase the turret traverse at the expense of 5% rate of fire (which explains the 0.3 seconds deviation from the standard 6 second reload on the Nürnberg).

Pay it no heed, your guns are still performing as they should, it's just the game UI being drunk on vodka and thinking you're in a different ship.

Players
3 posts
1,913 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

UI bug.

If i were to venture a guess, you played the Nürnberg prior to that game in your Indianapolis (or had been checking it out right before the match, who knows what exactly triggers that bug), because those gun stats (1700 HE alpha, 3900 AP alpha, 6,3 seconds reload and 16,5km range) are from the Nürnberg though I'd have to ask why you'd use the Main Battery Modification to increase the turret traverse at the expense of 5% rate of fire (which explains the 0.3 seconds deviation from the standard 6 second reload on the Nürnberg).

No, the battle i had played just before that one had been the Indianapolis as well.

Players
7,308 posts
11,668 battles
1 hour ago, Fisgas_13 said:

Is this a bug or some other issue?

This is not the first time ive seen someone reporting this. Must be quite a while ago... what was it - techtree stuff of a CV showing for a BB? Its in the forums somewhere, im pretty sure. But you have to dig deep im afraid...

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

This is not the first time ive seen someone reporting this. Must be quite a while ago... what was it - techtree stuff of a CV showing for a BB? Its in the forums somewhere, im pretty sure. But you have to dig deep im afraid...

Glorious Lexington with 3x3 283mm secondaries.

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
240 posts
124 battles

They cant even code a working port chat window, what makes you think the UI is fully functioning all the time?

[CATS]
Players
30,934 posts
15,694 battles

Why do you not use the print screen key? Making screenshots directly on you computer makes them more readable.