You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SHDRKN4792

So multiple divisions of the same clan in the same battle is still a thing.

32 comments in this topic

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Having three triple ship divisions of the same clan in the last battle I had reminded me of this insignificant problem. I'm surprised nothing has been done about it just in case, because while it's not necessarily true that they might pass information from the team they are in to the other members of the clan on the other team, ignore them just to farm everyone else ignoring the ones of their clan while it's possible or who knows what else I guess I'm not the only one that finds suspicious that people makes such an effort to sinchronize when they press that Battle button, right? That would be crazy, right?

Not saying that while they're at stuff like that in case they actually do it some day it would be nice they figure out how to make MM give the same radar ships to both teams, but hey. You might want to look at this too, WG. Just as a suggestion.

Beta Tester
2,813 posts
7,266 battles

The only time this can happen is late night when the server population is low, it's not a sure way tactic to stat pad but in late night low online numbers you'r odds greatly increase to pull it off :Smile_Default:

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
46 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

The only time this can happen is late night when the server population is low, it's not a sure way tactic to stat pad but in late night low online numbers you'r odds greatly increase to pull it off :Smile_Default:

Well, I aggre it was late and I get what you're saying, but while not as exaggerated as this last case sometimes I saw it happening at 15:00 - 16:00 which is not exactly the case of a late hour with low population. It was always two divisions at most and on different teams so it really wasn't a problem and I didn't see anything weird in the behavior of those players and I didn't saw anything like that with those three divisions to be fair.

I also admit that it's me that don't trust all this clan divisions together, specially since some time ago I saw a video about a clan of my country where you could clearly hear them talking between them on teamspeak warning them of DDs torping one of their clan mates, which was pretty disgusting to see honestly so I admit that's me since then that I don't trust at all when I see members of the same clan in more than one division in the same battle but anyways... when you see that half your team is two three ship division with the same clan tag and you see yet another three ship division of the same clan in the enemy team... All I could thing was something in the lines of "come on..."

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,016 posts
13,184 battles

So I see making even more threads about something that WG have officially stated they are happy with is still a thing.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
31,027 posts
15,713 battles

It is really easy, really rare and if a decent clan does it, it is no problem.

There are more important issues.

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
5,444 battles

I'm pretty sure 99,9% of these battles are completely legit. In the clan I am in we tend to focus on winning and damaging and sinking the "traitors" in the red team is almost priority 1.

Join in a clan, see for yourself. Stop making empty threads of an non-issue.

Thank you.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,169 posts
21,661 battles

@SHDRKN4792

Sorry this is a none issue (as others have said) as it is very rare... Also WG have stated in previous threads about this. They don't see it as an issue. they have said this again and again.

WG have also said

If you see/think you see collusion between divisions  of the same clan on opposite teams. Log a support ticket and send them the Replay. WG will punish players that are shown to be colluding.

That said if you are ever lucky enough to see 2 Scrub(Clan) divs on opposite teams. Sit back and watch the entertainment. We know each other and know our clan mates abilities.. As with most clans in this situation. clan mates on opposite team are Priority targets.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,634 posts
16,599 battles
8 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Having three triple ship divisions of the same clan in the last battle I had reminded me of this insignificant problem. I'm surprised nothing has been done about it just in case, because while it's not necessarily true that they might pass information from the team they are in to the other members of the clan on the other team, ignore them just to farm everyone else ignoring the ones of their clan while it's possible or who knows what else I guess I'm not the only one that finds suspicious that people makes such an effort to sinchronize when they press that Battle button, right? That would be crazy, right?

Not saying that while they're at stuff like that in case they actually do it some day it would be nice they figure out how to make MM give the same radar ships to both teams, but hey. You might want to look at this too, WG. Just as a suggestion.

Why do you think everyone is that dull? 

We often queued up with 2 divisions after CW. 

Usually were on enemy sides, never passed any information about our teams. 

Because why would we? 

It is more fun to challenge each other. 

• Cool 2

Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

When there is clan divisions on opposite sides, you bet you are focused, hunted down as fast as possible. Its hard to play DD when clan mate keeps you permaspotted with planes.

Often there is 10 compliments reward offered to player that kills clan member. Just to make them salty...

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
7 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Well, I aggre it was late and I get what you're saying, but while not as exaggerated as this last case sometimes I saw it happening at 15:00 - 16:00 which is not exactly the case of a late hour with low population. It was always two divisions at most and on different teams so it really wasn't a problem and I didn't see anything weird in the behavior of those players and I didn't saw anything like that with those three divisions to be fair.

I also admit that it's me that don't trust all this clan divisions together, specially since some time ago I saw a video about a clan of my country where you could clearly hear them talking between them on teamspeak warning them of DDs torping one of their clan mates, which was pretty disgusting to see honestly so I admit that's me since then that I don't trust at all when I see members of the same clan in more than one division in the same battle but anyways... when you see that half your team is two three ship division with the same clan tag and you see yet another three ship division of the same clan in the enemy team... All I could thing was something in the lines of "come on..."

If they play as usual, no harm done. Might in fact be a temporary relief for the randoms since those clan members are more like to focus their clan mates on the enemy side first (for good AND petty reasons).

If they relay informations from each others' teams or ignore one another to farm randoms, then they're just being cheating scum, but that has little to do with the clantags.

And even without being in a clan they can do just the same, so why would clans in particular need be adressed if it won't change anything? Scumbags will still be able to snyc-queue in non-clan divisions to cheat, whilst making a change to clan MM in random battles is just going to create a negative stigma to clans.

Much, MUCH more important change to MM that must happen ASAP is as you mentioned an algorith that equalizes the number of radar ships per teams. Sick and tired seeing MM where one team gets three radar ships and the other gets none.

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,150 posts
29,678 battles
9 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Having three triple ship divisions of the same clan in the last battle I had reminded me of this insignificant problem. I'm surprised nothing has been done about it just in case, because while it's not necessarily true that they might pass information from the team they are in to the other members of the clan

Clan divisions on opposing teams fighting to be top dog of the clan, priority target -->opposing clan mates, destroying any ships that get in the way of that.

I believe this upset you from the start of the game, causing you to think the world was against you instead of backing the clan that were out to win.

Players
577 posts
12,178 battles

If a potato clan manages to bring in a double three member division on the enemy side I am just happy to be able to farm them. In that case they only succeeded in weakening their own team. Serious clans rarely do that.

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,624 posts
9,656 battles

Don't see problem about this. Even I'm doing it. Makes the game more interesting sometimes. 

[HOO]
Beta Tester
682 posts
7,085 battles

I was doing this exact same thing with my clanmates last night. Yes, sometimes it works that multiple same clan divs appear on the same team, but in my experience more often than not, it turns out that we'll be on the opposing teams.

Believe me, there is absolutely no way that any of my clan would help or warn our temporary enemy clannies about torps or incoming fire etc. Quite the opposite in fact. It is almost a mark of honour (and braggng rights) to defeat the enemy and humilate them by showing how inept they were.

Finally, I know that my Clan Commander would not tolerate this (and not just him!) and they would most likely be given a talking to or shown the proverbial door. When we sync press the battle button there is only one intended outcome for all of the opposing team regardless of any clan tag. Total annihilation. Nothing else is expected, wanted or given.

Beta Tester
3,634 posts
16,599 battles

Just an opinion, but I strongly believe that only lesser players would need to create an advantage out of being on opposite teams, instead of challenging each other. 

And lesser players are probably not that dangerous. 

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,564 posts
27,800 battles

Last time i played against my clan i wrote in chat to random Hakuryu in my team that enemy Amagi (clan mate) told something bad about his mother. :cap_haloween: It was heart warming to see all those planes change course to Amagi. Sadly Haku failed hardly.:cap_wander:

Players
299 posts
19,093 battles
5 hours ago, YukiEiriKun said:

I'm pretty sure 99,9% of these battles are completely legit. In the clan I am in we tend to focus on winning and damaging and sinking the "traitors" in the red team is almost priority 1.

Join in a clan, see for yourself. Stop making empty threads of an non-issue.

Thank you.

Exactly true.

Players
299 posts
19,093 battles

Couple of weeks ago I met a tripple division from my clan in battle. Some random tin-foil hatter told me this at the battle start: "go into port right after you die, dont help them anymore"....

Result is below(check the "ships destroyed"). Who do you think would let his friends winn? This is a game...you go and kick their asses...or at least try. In the mentioned game I was pretty lucky and had a pretty good random team....otherwise they would winn1.thumb.jpg.7122cd5471c63b725137eb93ae8b33bd.jpg2.thumb.jpg.a403b8da2e059f3cb08f7a97ea5cd376.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.256a319d3e70a84491ce66e355f9c969.jpg

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,681 posts
18,027 battles
31 minutes ago, Kamikazesushi said:

Stuff

What he said really. We don't play to lose, we play to win. And if that means radaring DDs from your own clan to get them killed: so be it

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

I can however understand the OP, even tho many ppl disagree with him here. Sometimes in the beginning i was pissed aswell when a lot of clanmembers from the same clan are in one team. Unfurtunately, ive had worse experience when they actually are in seperate teams.

If all your guys clans are as u say they are, then :cap_like:for u, thats good. But when 99% plays to the rules, does it justify that 1% use that to their advantage?

Ive had it one time, where same clan seperate teams didnt fight each other till the very last. What really pisses me off that i missed the opportunity to report them, that was my mistake, ill never let it slip again from me.

Another time my Division mate has experienced the same thing. Same clan both playing CV (with 3-man division), literally farmed the teams without ever actively engaing in aircombat. Totaly shameful...

I could make some RL reference, but i think everyone should understand why its not right when some shameful clans does it. Ofc i dont want the other 99% to get punished for that, but the 1% needs to be permabanned.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

If I have clanmates on the enemy team I will always tell them there are torps on their way, just to see them dodging and turning for no reason :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
28 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I can however understand the OP, even tho many ppl disagree with him here. Sometimes in the beginning i was pissed aswell when a lot of clanmembers from the same clan are in one team. Unfurtunately, ive had worse experience when they actually are in seperate teams.

If all your guys clans are as u say they are, then :cap_like:for u, thats good. But when 99% plays to the rules, does it justify that 1% use that to their advantage?

Ive had it one time, where same clan seperate teams didnt fight each other till the very last. What really pisses me off that i missed the opportunity to report them, that was my mistake, ill never let it slip again from me.

Another time my Division mate has experienced the same thing. Same clan both playing CV (with 3-man division), literally farmed the teams without ever actively engaing in aircombat. Totaly shameful...

I could make some RL reference, but i think everyone should understand why its not right when some shameful clans does it. Ofc i dont want the other 99% to get punished for that, but the 1% needs to be permabanned.

Pretty much this, I never said EVERYONE does it and certainly good clans even prioritize their own clanmates because they know they are to most likely to give trouble, however as DFens_666 said I unfortunately had the chance to see the low 1% that does things like that a few times so I always keep in mind that "maybe" something like that happens again which I admited that's my own fault I don't always have that much faith in clans in different teams that much, that's all.

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
3,922 battles
12 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Not true.

19:30 UK time last night, 5 of us in our clan a div of 2 and a div of 3, simply do the 3 2 1 'click' routine to enter battle, of the three battles entered, twice we were on opposite teams and only once were we together, that was very unusual, the norm is you end up in different battles completely.

And we don't do it to stat pad we do it because its 'fun' to face your clan mates sometimes, and all being on the same team doesn't guarantee success, the rest of the team can still be potatoes and you loose.

Where you end up in a battle seems to be determined by the MM trying to balance up divs across teams.

More worrying for me than two same clan divs in a battle, is seeing one team with a div of 3 and the enemy team with 2 divs of 3 and a div of 2, while 3 of you might be working together the enemy has 8 people coordinating their actions all be it in three squads, but the impact of that can be huge if they know what they are doing. 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,853 posts
12,279 battles
56 minutes ago, Migulaitor said:

If I have clanmates on the enemy team I will always tell them there are torps on their way, just to see them dodging and turning for no reason :cap_haloween:

If they still buy into your "warnings", they're probably scrubs! :Smile_teethhappy: