Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Staubkappe

Ocean

41 comments in this topic

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,096 battles

Purely to make you whine, salty tears.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,812 posts
47,469 battles

It has become too rare, I miss it. In the early days it was very common, too common could easy be several times in a row, and then it was on mid tier a lot. People whined but now it has become too rare instead. A clean map in a game of ships has its place. It demands more teamplay. 

• Cool 11

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
15 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

It has become too rare, I miss it. In the early days it was very common, too common could easy be several times in a row, and then it was on mid tier a lot. People whined but now it has become too rare instead. A clean map in a game of ships has its place. It demands more teamplay. 

This.

Ocean is the one and only map that really plays differently than the rest. It has its problem, of course, mainly: ships are mostly balanced around the other maps, so whole lines can suffer on Ocean a bit - the map can be harsh for ships that have neither the stealth nor tankiness to keep them alive when it comes to trading blows with the enemy. Still, it's a map that should turn up much more frequently than it does now. Sometimes I start forgetting it's even there - and it's a shame, since this particular map is a breath of fresh air in the game where people tend to put so much effort into hiding behind various rocks. 

• Cool 9

Players
1,567 posts
10,294 battles

EDIT always gonna complain and moan I DONT HAVE ISLAND TO HIDE PEW PEW ....  What the EDIT you think where great naval battles happened? Maybe in Boko-kotroski bay where I live???

Just lol...

Edited by Kampa1987
Inappropriate language
  • Cool 3

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
407 posts
21,156 battles
10 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

EDIT always gonna complain and moan I DONT HAVE ISLAND TO HIDE PEW PEW ....  What the EDIT you think where great naval battles happened? Maybe in Boko-kotroski bay where I live???

Just lol...

Especially if the green team is without radar ships and in enemy has three... 3× in my last Ocean map battles. So, it is a really great game in DD. Result of the Ocean map battle is much more dependent on MM, which is mostly horribly unequal. In common island maps you can do something, here you can do almost nothing...

Players
7,310 posts
11,668 battles
10 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

You should watch your language a bit... :Smile_amazed: btw. It all comes down to what ship one prefers to play. I get thrown into Ocean with Donskoi - sure im gonna hate the map. No sane person would bring the Donskoi to Ocean. All could be avoided, if ppl had a way to influence the mapcycle. There have been numerous ideas mentioned over and over again, how this could be implemented. Everybody would be happy. But no...

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Yeah, I'm surprised how they refuse to remove bad things no matter how many times or in how many languages you spell it to them.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

Ocean is a better map than most other maps. And why remove it when you have crap maps like Mountain Range and North? Then you have shipwrecks like Okinawa, which is exactly like Ocean, but with a trap for idiots up northwest.

• Cool 4

Players
533 posts
13,181 battles

I like Ocean, it makes a pleasant change from the camp fest some of the other maps promote.  There is no where to hide and WASD hacks count for more than pew pew over an island.

[KTS]
Players
359 posts
6,636 battles

Ocean IMHO it's way better than Tears of the cruisers or mountain range.

Plus it's one of a kind, you get detonated more often than playing this map :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,474 posts
3,999 battles

'Ocean' is one of those maps people tend to either love or hate, usually with a passion.

'Tears of the Desert (Epicenter)', though, seems to be universally loathed. Has anyone ever seen anything good written about this one?

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,150 posts
29,678 battles

I would like to see more of this Map.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
237 posts
19,475 battles

beacuse cowards can not do anything without sitting behind shitty many islands.

ocean is a very fair and balanced map on which everyone has no chance to hide his weakness.

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

'Tears of the Desert (Epicenter)', though, seems to be universally loathed. Has anyone ever seen anything good written about this one?

It's not terrible in an IJN DD. I tend to kemp circle in those.

It's also not quite as bad in Domination, since that gives a different spread and focus of ships.

Players
7,310 posts
11,668 battles
15 minutes ago, Acetessigester said:

beacuse cowards can not do anything without sitting behind shitty many islands.

ocean is a very fair and balanced map on which everyone has no chance to hide his weakness.

*sigh* has nothing to do with cowards. Its also not a balanced & fair map, as it favours some ship(classes) heavily over other, as I explained earlier.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,474 posts
3,999 battles
1 hour ago, AnotherDuck said:

It's not terrible in an IJN DD. I tend to kemp circle in those.

It's also not quite as bad in Domination, since that gives a different spread and focus of ships.

So we make note of the fact that "not terrible", and "not quite as bad", both with some fairly specific qualifications, are the best evaluations that are on the table for the 'Tears of Desert' map, so far.

Do I hear any higher bids for this unhappy stretch of virtual real estate? :Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, Procrastes said:

So we make note of the fact that "not terrible", and "not quite as bad", both with some fairly specific qualifications, are the best evaluations that are on the table for the 'Tears of Desert' map, so far.

Do I hear any higher bids for this unhappy stretch of virtual real estate? :Smile_coin:

In domination it actually can be a decent map, even as a Cruiser (depends on the cruiser tho). Epicenter is ok, but standard battle ... Kill it with fire plz.

The thing with that map is, that u get so used to hating it, no matter what u play u hate it. Even when i got the map playing BB i was like BAH because i got it in cruisers so often not fit for playing it.

Players
7,310 posts
11,668 battles
5 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

I like it when im in the right ship. There, I said it, its out there! :cap_look:You bring a radarcruiser and sometimes you can detect 3 DDs with one radar, you can really have an impact.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
54 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

I could probably do with less ambiguous statements. Personally I have fun in the former, and the latter is at worst still a little bit bad, but can easily be interesting. Also, the latter didn't have any specifications.

50 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Epicenter is ok, but standard battle ...

Honestly, standard battle there is much like most other standard battle maps. Other than North and Mountain Range, which still sucks. Northern Lights has been even worse since they decided to remove the actual northern lights from it and just make it like any other map, but with snow.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

Honestly, standard battle there is much like most other standard battle maps. Other than North and Mountain Range, which still sucks. Northern Lights has been even worse since they decided to remove the actual northern lights from it and just make it like any other map, but with snow.

For me Standard battle is worst on Tears of the Cruisers. I mean u cant go anywhere without leaving cover. U leave your islands u have 10km freespace till the next island. On other maps u atleast have the option to get closer and have some cover near u.

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
5,444 battles
17 hours ago, Staubkappe said:

Why is this map still a thing?

Because it was awesome to fight against Kongo-class with an St.Louis way back when.

Made you adapt and not just imitate the "one correct way to play" learned from YouTubers. Also made you understand how important it is to support and get supported by your team.

Then OBT came and one trick ponies galloped to the high seas whining about everything. ;)

Sign in to follow this