USSARIZONA_2015

Two Quick Questions about Midway and Essex.

9 comments in this topic

Players
49 posts
9,449 battles

Hey there fellas,

So My first quick question is about the USS Essex (which I'm currently grinding) should i wait for the changes to come around and just play stock deck, or should i get the AS and Strike load-out decks?

and the Second question goes for the Midway. If she gets 2/2/2 (I think thats what it was) will she be any better? and one other thing, both carriers will still keep their T9 and T10 fighters and bombers, but only get T8 torpedo bombers right?

I appreciate any feedback and until Next post,

USSARIZONA_2015 

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,897 battles
3 minutes ago, USSARIZONA_2015 said:

So My first quick question is about the USS Essex (which I'm currently grinding) should i wait for the changes to come around and just play stock deck, or should i get the AS and Strike load-out decks?

Never use AS (unless it's Ranked or Competitive). And wait for the change, 2-1-2 Essex gonna be gud.

5 minutes ago, USSARIZONA_2015 said:

and the Second question goes for the Midway. If she gets 2/2/2 (I think thats what it was) will she be any better?

Much better, yes. In comparison to Hakuryu, her biggest weakness was the inability to reliably take out DDs. This will change massively with two torpedo bombers to crossdrop.

7 minutes ago, USSARIZONA_2015 said:

and one other thing, both carriers will still keep their T9 and T10 fighters and bombers, but only get T8 torpedo bombers right?

Midway yes, Essex iirc will get T8 fighters. (They are still superior to Taiho fighters, so that won't really be a problem.)

Players
49 posts
9,449 battles
10 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Midway yes, Essex iirc will get T8 fighters. (They are still superior to Taiho fighters, so that won't really be a problem.)

So, The Midway will get T9 fighters? and Essex T8 fighters?

If thats going to be the case then I'm going to get discouraged to strafe. so if thats the case, should i get the upgrade that boosts the fighters endurance? (I'm running the upgrade that boosts the endurance of the torpedo bombers and dive bombers. Also, I'm not that good and strafing with fighters yet and i also don't have air supremacy yet) 

Btw, will Midways Torpedo Bombers have a standard drop pattern?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,576 posts
20,729 battles

Even with "only" T8 fighters Essex will wipe the floor with a Taiho in a click fight or a head-on strafe. On the other hand it will make Essex more vulnerable to AA, so both CVs are capable of outplaying each other. That way a state of balance in terms of air control is achieved at least theoretically.

Players
49 posts
9,449 battles

I'm sorry to be a bother, but I don't see how the 2-1-2 Essex is going to be good when 2 different squad types are getting a nerf. I mean, the stock Essex already has 2 T9 fighters, so why Nerf that? Taiho still outperforms Essex even when Essex has T9 fighters. I could handle the Torpedo squads getting Nerfed, But in my own opinion, Nerfing the fighters kinda upsets me, because then I have to Choose between the Fighter Boost Endurance, which I guess im gonna have to get after the Rework, OR stay with my strike endurance boost, which to me is Crucial in Higher tier games where your up against powerful AA Cruisers and some Battleships, not to mention the destroyers getting an AA boost sometime soon. (only US and Russian i think) In all, Essex not keeping her T9 fighters kinda upsets me, because Essex kinda loses a little power in terms of Air Dominance. 

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,897 battles
13 minutes ago, USSARIZONA_2015 said:

because then I have to Choose between the Fighter Boost Endurance, which I guess im gonna have to get after the Rework, OR stay with my strike endurance boost

These modules are in different slots, so you can still take them both.

Air Groups Mod 2 with +20% to fighter survivability is in slot 2 (together with -10% to aircraft servicing time)

Air Groups Mod 3 with +15% to attack aircraft survivability is in slot 3 (together with +5% to maximum aircraft speed)

And even one tier lower, Essex fighters still overpower Taiho fighters, simply by having two planes more per squad. Not even mentioning the vast difference in ammunition.

However, as El2aZeR said, it is now a little bit more balanced and it depends more on player skill if Taiho or Essex win the fighter battle.