Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

French T10 Battleship finally revealed :)

61 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
644 posts
9,811 battles

Hello Guys. She´s finally here. Looks brutal to me :) Goodlooking :) Want one now :) 

Players
8,241 posts
11,833 battles

Bah, I was hoping for 2x4 16"+ guns on the front but that would likely have been too OP even if the ship was lightly armoured.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,207 battles
Just now, dasCKD said:

Do we have a name?

"France"

You know what? At least it's not "Baguette", so I'm not upset.

• Cool 6

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,733 battles

Looks to me like an upgraded Gascogne. 431mm in quadruple-turrets... WG and their fantasy creations...

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
9 minutes ago, Vaderan said:

Looks to me like an upgraded Gascogne. 431mm in quadruple-turrets... WG and their fantasy creations...

"Where is the X navy?! Where is the X navy?! Where is the X navy?!"

The X navy gets teased

"OMG why do you introduce blueprint ships, we don't need them in game"

Because a line that would end somewhere between tier 6 and 8 would be exactly what you want, wouldn't it?

• Cool 6

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,838 battles

She could be interesting. Fast, nice big guns, excellent sigma, and none of the BS 'what HE?' German BB armor.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,207 battles
5 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

She could be interesting. Fast, nice big guns, excellent sigma, and none of the BS 'what HE?' German BB armor.

I have to agree with you on that one, the turret config is far from optimal, the name is a bit on the nose, but the big guns on fast turrets is at the very least interesting.
A few more details, and perhaps tweaks could make her worth grinding over, say, a Montana or GK.

Going on the image, I'm seeing twin 57mm bofors and twin 127mm/54, so HIV-like AA, which is pretty damn good.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,333 posts
7,885 battles
11 minutes ago, LegioDamnatus said:

Looks nice, but I was really hoping it'd have a turret placement like Richelieu.

I did too, but it seems that WG standards on line consistency are not always applicable ...

Players
8,241 posts
11,833 battles
19 minutes ago, LegioDamnatus said:

Looks nice, but I was really hoping it'd have a turret placement like Richelieu.

It would be too strong.

A fast BB with that sort of fire power would need serious balancing like very poor armour. As you would basically have 100% of your firepower almost all of the time regardless of your positioning. Dunker, Nelson and Nikolai all have amazing tactical flexibility as they can rotate their guns around their front axis.

Shame as I'd have liked to see that setup.

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,838 battles
1 hour ago, ghostbuster_ said:

i hope they dont get those rtarded lowered citadels. so they can be punished harder if someone makes a mistake in them.

Consequences? For Battleships? What is this, 2015?

• Cool 4

[BLITZ]
Players
2,853 posts
12,279 battles
1 hour ago, ghostbuster_ said:

i hope they dont get those rtarded lowered citadels. so they can be punished harder if someone makes a mistake in them.

Tiers five to eight have them in their current state. Only Richelieu's reaches just so slightly above the waterline. All others are completely submerged.

:cap_old:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Only 2x4 guns in 431 caliber ... and not even all guns up front.

How is this ship supposed to be competitive with the other tier X BBs? Least amount of guns (tied with 457mm Conqueror, but no one uses that setup, for good reasons), and no fancy overmatch threshold like the Yamato, plus horrible turret placement (even if the rear turret has obscenely good firing angles it's still meh).

I'm all up for not powercreeping every new ship line, but they should at the very least offer a competitive flavour and just looking at those stats ... uninteresting at best.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,981 posts
7,359 battles

It will totally depends on the broadside armor and the turret angle to know if that ship will be very strong in good hands or utterly crap no matter the player.

If it has to show its broadside to be even remotely useful, we better hope the armor can at least allows to shot two or three salvoes...

If the angles are good, then it will be a Montana-like gameplay, always moving and constantly angled.

The guns themselves are brutal, but with only 8 of them they had no choice.

I really don't like that A-X though... A-B with quad 431 or A-B-X-Y with quad 380 were much more interesting overall.

Hope they won't EDIT it up too much. Anyway I plan to go as far as Alsace first, and depending on what they do with that France I'll decide if I want to buy it.

Edited by Kampa1987
Inappropriate language

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,718 battles
1 minute ago, ShinGetsu said:

It will totally depends on the broadside armor and the turret angle to know if that ship will be very strong in good hands or utterly crap no matter the player.

If it has to show its broadside to be even remotely useful, we better hope the armor can at least allows to shot two or three salvoes...

If the angles are good, then it will be a Montana-like gameplay, always moving and constantly angled.

The guns themselves are brutal, but with only 8 of them they had no choice.

I really don't like that A-X though... A-B with quad 431 or A-B-X-Y with quad 380 were much more interesting overall.

Hope they won't f*ck it up too much. Anyway I plan to go as far as Alsace first, and depending on what they do with that France I'll decide if I want to buy it.

Even exelent Broadside armor dont protets you agist pen damage. German BBs are a good example while you near never cit them you can easyly get 15-20k Pen salvos if they make use of their rear turets. I think the T10 has the potental for teh worst T10 BB with little redeaming factors others than high range....

Players
723 posts
5,774 battles

Well I think it's great. Not that it would be an optimal design for a battleship, but for the game in general. Most of you would probably want all battleships to have the exact same boring Iowa layout. It's great that we have some weird ships that rely on unusual, or even unique tactics. If anything, we should have more weird ships. Like remember those weird english battlecruiser designs that could only have fired to the side and never directly front, or back?

Sign in to follow this