Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jvd2000

Before i click enter for a PvP game....

Before I enter a PvP match (mid to high tier game) i make sure to have..  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Before I enter a PvP match (mid to high tier game) i make sure my ship has the following:

• Captain with no retraining debuff
    • Captain with enough suitable skill points avarage on the tier I play
    • Captain with above avarage skill points for the tier i play
    • Have flags that buff my combat efficiency in line with the type of ship i sail equipped
    • Some Premium modules (premium repair, premium heal, premium rader etc..)
    • Maxed out Premium modules (premium repair, premium heal, premium rader etc..)
    • Atleast some modules unlocked (no stock ship)
    • All modules unlocked
    • Have ship camo equipped
    • None of the above.

18 comments in this topic

[SINT]
Players
1,600 posts
29,621 battles

A poll just to see what players deem necessary to be good enough equipped to join a team in PvP content.

Players
4,046 posts

Missing an answer:

None of the above.

I play my ships as they come.

• I play with captains in retraining.
  • I mostly play a single captain through the line. That captain will earn the skills and XP he needs along the way.
  • I use signals most of the time but I do not depend on them. You will find me sailing without.
  • If I think premium consumables will help me win, I'll mount them and set them to auto-reload. You will find me sailing without.
  • You will see me sailing with stock ships.
  • Some ships can't mount camos (ARP, Dragon). So you will see me sailing without
  • Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,600 posts
29,621 battles
5 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Missing an answer:

None of the above.

I play my ships as they come.

• I play with captains in retraining.
  • I mostly play a single captain through the line. That captain will earn the skills and XP he needs along the way.
  • I use signals most of the time but I do not depend on them. You will find me sailing without.
  • If I think premium consumables will help me win, I'll mount them and set them to auto-reload. You will find me sailing without.
  • You will see me sailing with stock ships.
  • Some ships can't mount camos (ARP, Dragon). So you will see me sailing without

Done.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

For random battles: only premium repair. When I have premium running, and want to powergrind: camo's & economical (XP) flags.
For "competitive modes" (Ranked, I don't do clan): anti-detonation flag, premium consumables, decently trained captain.

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,152 posts
30,474 battles

I played a game in the Arizona once after the free re-training reset happened, I forgot to set my 19 point captain skills, but managed to get a good result finishing top, it made me rethink the skills I chose for future builds.

I always use premium modules, cutting 33% off the time of that module cool down keeps you in the game longer, aiding your team to compete for a win.

[BLITZ]
Players
3,001 posts
14,629 battles
51 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Some players don't even use a captain...

Good old times!

Players
1,064 posts
4,944 battles

I act according to my feeling about the ship, but generally I've stopped retraining capts and playing totally stock in random. Usually I'll have a bare minimum of a retrained capt and the B hull unless T 8 - 9 (Co-Op is a joke on those tiers). If I feel the ship can perform as-is, I'll play randoms straight away.

This is not out of a sense of responsibility towards the team, it's just for my game enjoyment.

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles

Starting on maybe tier 4 or 5 I tend to use camo and some premium consumables since I feel they pay their own cost. Modules and captain skills I get along the way. I even started playing my newly bought stock North Carolina in the last tier 8 ranked. Didn't even play it in randoms until ranked was over. I think I did fairly well in it, but it's a good ship, even stock.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles

Some of these heavily depend on the ship. Some ships can be played stock - others have at least a couple must-have modules. Woe to any CV player that takes their shiny new CV out with stock fighters, for example.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

Mid to high tier I always use camo and premium damage control party. I usually use a few flags (but not always, since I don't have a lot of some flags), and one or two more premium consumables (if they only costs silver, I prefer raising my effectiveness over min-maxing income).

Captains and ships I train/upgrade in PvP. Not going to spend free XP on those unless it's an absolute wreck at stock (but I try at least once or twice to check). A DD captain I might retrain to the ship so I get the concealment (if it's not a new captain, but by now I have enough 10+ skill captains to go around).

Higher tiers get higher priorities for stuff, as does competitive modes.

[H_FAN]
Players
3,202 posts
62,369 battles

Depends on ship , as a collector I in the earlier days before I got lots of premiums start the captains from scratch but as time passed , the FreeXP accumulated and I have learned more of strategical usage of stuff and when to play a new ship (i.e. using freeXp to unlock modules) and have captains in stock for ships let us say from T7 and up on 10 pts. That said I do not buy every module without thinking, if there are say 3-4 modules and stock ship have usable range or speed I do not upgrade them, it depends. On mid tiers it depends on the ship even more as this is often only a few games. Flags depends on ship. In competetive mode all in incl. juliet charlie and all prem consumables. But this has increased due to amassing of funds. but I perhaps not use all spotting aircrafts in premium variant and so on, Premium repair and DCP always on every tier. Smoke, radar, def fire and TRB mostly. Camo always in various forms though in lower tier I may use the single perk ones as you got them from the containers. At mid higher tiers always the double perk (concelament/disp). In some low/mid tier favourite ships I have high end captains 14 to 19. With the elite XP I have somewhat changed the playing strategy to instead of always starting new captains f.e. for the French BBs right now, I instead play some ships with 19 p captains to amass elite XP to gain 10 p captains instead, that way you do not need to spend elite XP to retrain. Now I have f.e. a Chapayev 19p, that captain I can use in Kutuzov, Molotov, Nikolai, Murmansk, Oleg, Kraznykrym, Diana, and Aurora. Mostly I naturally play Kutuzov and Nikolai. So I try to play at least every other day besides other captain grind on the various ships. I think it is a natural step to 10 , then 14 as next goal for the captains, sometimes it is 12 or 13. After that it is very expensive and atm do not give that much more as I have all ships in the non CV techtrees I must go step by step. Lower tiers i sometimes have not so strong captains as I have moved a few upwards. 

Beta Tester
6,634 posts
24,787 battles

I voted "none of the above" as I don't check all of that before every battle I play. So there's sometimes an "oops moment, but in the end it's only random PvP I play - so what? 60% of the random players go to battles without flag, camo or whatever anyway... so I'm in good company :cap_haloween:

Players
1,130 posts
2,612 battles

I don't have oodles of freeXP and free captain XP just lying around to skip the retraining and go straight into games without playing through stock, meanwhile most of the flags I run tend to be the economic ones on my higher tier ships.

I do sometimes bring out the premium consumables though, but I don't generally have the income to bring them out every game and I don't trust the auto resupply to not spend my precious doubloons.

Players
2,799 posts
5,365 battles

I just make sure that I have camo equipped.

I might run flags on the odd occasion and I have premium consumables on all of my premium ships (reduced service cost practically pays for the credit cost of running premium consumables), but you don't need to worry about either on your silver ships if you're running low. Especially be wary about equipping premium consumables on T8+ ships as the service costs skyrocket. You don't want to be running too much of a credit deficit.

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,527 posts
23,343 battles

Normally I check this stuff, but one time I clicked into battle from the results screen. Since I didn't see my port I couldn't see that my +250%-captain-xp camos were depleted. I felt like a real n00b sailing a no camo Shima.

[TS1]
Players
658 posts
8,162 battles
8 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I voted "none of the above" as I don't check all of that before every battle I play. So there's sometimes an "oops moment, but in the end it's only random PvP I play - so what? 60% of the random players go to battles without flag, camo or whatever anyway... so I'm in good company :cap_haloween:

That's a point. I don't really check everything before every battle either. I mostly just kinda assume I have the stuff I want on the ship on already. So yeah, sometimes things get left behind in port. It's not that big of a deal.

Beta Tester
2,875 posts
7,295 battles

I just use the standard ship cammo and premium consumables, basic flags, no det, fire flag, speed flag, unless im grinding/retraning a captain, in that case i stack eco flags/cammo. :Smile_coin:

Sign in to follow this