Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

HMAS Vampire?

9 comments in this topic

Question

[OCTO]
Players
1,234 posts
28,591 battles

Hello!

What happened to this cute little DD? Will it be in shops, is it planned as a reward?

I collect DDs and hardly waiting to get another one....

• Cool 2

8 answers to this question

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Something that's teased isn't guaranteed to come soon. That just shows WG is working on it and you will see it in the near-ish future.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,861 battles

All I can say is... Keep an eye on the portal, objects in the preview may be closer than they appear :cap_cool:

• Cool 2

Players
57 posts
6,921 battles

Well it's in the game now.

It's an odd ship as it's Captain is a Commonwealth captain which means for most players the ship has no real value for training up other captains as at least on the EU server there is no Commonwealth Tech Tree (I've not been around long so do not know the history of the tree and it's change's, but at best the tree only has 2 ships).

What is a little odd is that the ship seems to be flying the flag for the British Royal Navy, rather than that of the Royal Australian Navy, which I guess is a developer oversight?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,116 posts
20,924 battles
On 07/12/2017 at 4:21 PM, Olr_Relic said:

Well it's in the game now.

It's an odd ship as it's Captain is a Commonwealth captain which means for most players the ship has no real value for training up other captains as at least on the EU server there is no Commonwealth Tech Tree (I've not been around long so do not know the history of the tree and it's change's, but at best the tree only has 2 ships).

What is a little odd is that the ship seems to be flying the flag for the British Royal Navy, rather than that of the Royal Australian Navy, which I guess is a developer oversight?

The Australian White Ensign Was was not adopted(Created) till 1967 before that Australian ships flow the Same Flag as the Royal Navy. In fact up to and during WW2 it was very comman for HMAS Ships to have at least partly  RN(British) Crew and Officers

Incidentally  The Canadian Nave Also Flew the RN White Ensign Till 1965

So no its not n oversite its completely Correct

Players
57 posts
6,921 battles
55 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

The Australian White Ensign Was was not adopted(Created) till 1967 before that Australian ships flow the Same Flag as the Royal Navy. In fact up to and during WW2 it was very comman for HMAS Ships to have at least partly  RN(British) Crew and Officers

Incidentally  The Canadian Nave Also Flew the RN White Ensign Till 1965

So no its not n oversite its completely Correct

I did not know that, thanks.

It's a shame that the WOW RN captains are not so interchangeable.  That way the Commonwealth tree could be expanded out as a wider range of modified RN ships that could be used for training or to use the trained captains.

Sign in to follow this